FAN-TASTIC HOME

carpenoctem

Solar X-rays:
Status
Status

Team Art Bell Rules

CQ CQ...From The Cyber Seas on the Pirate Ship FANTASTIC
To the high desert....and Back!

Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum Members: 5,825 | Threads: 38,152 | Posts: 423,410 
Your User Control Panel.Register.Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum Calendar.Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum Members ListFantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum Frequently Asked Questions.Search Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum.
Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum > ON THE AIR ~ AM/FM/XM RADIO > Art Bell/The New Frontier > From Art Bell Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply

On: 04-14-2011 At: 02:46 PM
Swerdloc
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 76

The Art Bell we know is Arthur W. Bell III. His son is Arthur W. Bell IV.

As to hoaxing, who knows?

--------------------
Anchors Aweigh

Click Here to See the Profile for Swerdloc Click here to Send Swerdloc a Private Message Find more posts by Swerdloc Add Swerdloc to your buddy list

On: 04-14-2011 At: 03:26 PM
Capt Tuttle
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 77

quote:
Originally posted by Sean_in_Montreal

We are being hoaxed people!

I'm starting to agree - at least to the Facebook side - could easily be a hoax.

Also - I noticed that the pictures used are available on the internet - meaning we have seen the pictures that are used on the Coast site - easy to use those to create the Facebook page.

--------------------
"Be good"
-Mom

This post was last edited by: Capt Tuttle on 04-14-2011 at 03:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Capt Tuttle Click here to Send Capt Tuttle a Private Message Find more posts by Capt Tuttle Add Capt Tuttle to your buddy list

On: 04-14-2011 At: 04:41 PM
Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 78

"i must admit that there would be more of you by now befriending my little corner of algorithm (huh?) land". Geez, guys. That doesn't sound like Art to me. It sounds like a solicitation, and aside from "fast-blast me", Art wasn't really the soliciting type. Use caution!

--------------------
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Click Here to See the Profile for Live365 Click here to Send Live365 a Private Message Find more posts by Live365 Add Live365 to your buddy list

On: 04-14-2011 At: 05:23 PM
Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 79

quote:
Originally posted by Swerdloc
The Art Bell we know is Arthur W. Bell III. His son is Arthur W. Bell IV.

As to hoaxing, who knows?

And when have you ever heard Art refer to himself that way?

Where has Art ever posted anywhere on the Internet, ever?

Right here at the FF.

If Art was going to give us any clues as to what he is doing/going to do, it would be right here. He knows if he wants a "message" to get out he only has to post here, and all the Coast based forums pick it up.

If Art was going to do another Radio show don't you think the station would be advertising that fact by now? Its not like "blink" and all of a sudden he's on the air.

As for moving back to Nevada? He's done that before and he just did it, without leaving mysterious clues beforehand.

Use some critical thinking. What i have seen of his apparent posts on FB does not reflect his personality.

Its a bad imitation.

--------------------
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

Click Here to See the Profile for Sean_in_Montreal Click here to Send Sean_in_Montreal a Private Message Find more posts by Sean_in_Montreal Add Sean_in_Montreal to your buddy list

On: 04-14-2011 At: 05:54 PM
Swerdloc
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 80

Art's given name is Arthur W. Bell III.

quote:
Arthur W. "Art" Bell, III (born June 17, 1945) is an American broadcaster and author, known primarily as one of the founders and the original host of the paranormal-themed radio program Coast to Coast AM.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell

I have never heard Art refer to himself that way, but neither you nor I knows how Art might choose to style himself on Facebook, if he be inclined to use Facebook.

The entity who is posting as "Arthur W. Bell III" on Facebook has put up items like this:

Wall Photos
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...id=348462228848
To date, Kepler has discovered 1,235 possible planets, with 54 of those candidates located within the so-called "Goldilocks zone" that just-right range of distances around a star in which liquid water could exist on a planet's surface. This illustration shows all 1,235 of the potential alien planet candidates NASA's Kepler mission has found to date. The planets are pictured crossing front of their host stars, which are all represented to scale.

and then "Arthur W. Bell III" commented:
quote:
stared at this one for a long time. How many of these are really "M" class/life sustaining? ha , boggles the mind.
April 3 at 4:19am

Does this sound like Art? Maybe, maybe not. One can look at all sources of information, without accepting or dismissing anything.

--------------------
Anchors Aweigh

Click Here to See the Profile for Swerdloc Click here to Send Swerdloc a Private Message Find more posts by Swerdloc Add Swerdloc to your buddy list

On: 04-14-2011 At: 06:37 PM
Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 81

Art wouldn't bother with a FB page. He doesn't bother with social networking. Never has with the exception of this place. He gets his social interaction on the HAM bands. Now, if he had opened a FB page to talk about amateur radio then maybe, maybe, i would beleive it.

Don't be fooled by the fool posing as Art Bell.

When Art comes here and makes a post, you can beleive its actually him posting.

Anywhere else? Nope. Not him.

--------------------
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

Click Here to See the Profile for Sean_in_Montreal Click here to Send Sean_in_Montreal a Private Message Find more posts by Sean_in_Montreal Add Sean_in_Montreal to your buddy list

On: 04-14-2011 At: 06:46 PM
SETIsLady
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 82

Well I am not going to be so quick to dismiss it. My 70yr old parents swore up and down they would never use the internet and 3 yrs ago they bought a laptop and won't get off the net. People change, time will tell I guess.

Click Here to See the Profile for SETIsLady Click here to Send SETIsLady a Private Message Find more posts by SETIsLady Add SETIsLady to your buddy list

On: 04-14-2011 At: 09:34 PM
starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 83

If Art posts here that he is indeed on FaceBook, then I'll believe it.

To the best of my knowledge, The Fantastic Forum is the only place Art posts.

Click Here to See the Profile for starrmtn001 Click here to Send starrmtn001 a Private Message Find more posts by starrmtn001 Add starrmtn001 to your buddy list

On: 04-15-2011 At: 03:44 AM
WestBorder
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 84

quote:
Originally posted by starrmtn001
If Art posts here that he is indeed on FaceBook, then I'll believe it.

To the best of my knowledge, The Fantastic Forum is the only place Art posts.

I'm with Sean and Starr - he posts here. If it's here, I'll believe it...otherwise, forget it.

--------------------
Anchors Aweigh!

Click Here to See the Profile for WestBorder Click here to Send WestBorder a Private Message Find more posts by WestBorder Add WestBorder to your buddy list

On: 04-15-2011 At: 04:19 AM
alfa119
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 85

so has anyone tried to remote view this question? :p

or tried to contact him via back channels?

Click Here to See the Profile for alfa119 Find more posts by alfa119 Add alfa119 to your buddy list

From Art On: 04-15-2011 At: 04:43 AM
Art Bell
The East

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 86

It is indeed a HOAX. I have a page as Art Bell ( No picture yet)
and no big announcement. Some people just can not resist.

If there is anything to be said I will say it here.

Art

Click Here to See the Profile for Art Bell Find more posts by Art Bell Add Art Bell to your buddy list

Re: From Art On: 04-15-2011 At: 04:58 AM
Shirleypal
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 87

quote:
Originally posted by Art Bell
It is indeed a HOAX. I have a page as Art Bell ( No picture yet)
and no big announcement. Some people just can not resist.

If there is anything to be said I will say it here.

Art

Hi Art, thanks for letting us know, I was pretty sure it wasn't your page.. glad you are putting one up, looking forward to that and as always great to hear from you. Hope all the AB's are well..

Click Here to See the Profile for Shirleypal Find more posts by Shirleypal Add Shirleypal to your buddy list

On: 04-15-2011 At: 05:11 AM
Raggedyann
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 88

JC probably did it!

Good to hear from you Art! Miss you like crazy.

Click Here to See the Profile for Raggedyann Click here to Send Raggedyann a Private Message Find more posts by Raggedyann Add Raggedyann to your buddy list

On: 04-15-2011 At: 05:20 AM
racehorse
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 89

quote:
Originally posted by Raggedyann
JC probably did it!

Good to hear from you Art! Miss you like crazy.

Hi Art.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I do not have a Facebook account but was very doubtful these postings were legitimately from you.

--------------------
racehorse

Click Here to See the Profile for racehorse Find more posts by racehorse Add racehorse to your buddy list

On: 04-15-2011 At: 05:21 AM
racehorse
Pirate

Edit | Quote | Report

Post #: 90

quote:
Originally posted by Raggedyann
JC probably did it!
)

--------------------
racehorse

Click Here to See the Profile for racehorse Find more posts by racehorse Add racehorse to your buddy list