Welcome Aboard :: Art Bell Dark Matter Chat at the Fantastic Forum

Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Join its free! Calendar Find other Pirates Frequently Asked Questions Search Home Logout
Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum > ON THE AIR ~ AM/FM/XM RADIO > Ian Punnett/Saturday Host > Ian rocks!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LochNessMonster
Pirate

Post #: 1

Ian rocks!

I really enjoy listening to Ian Punnett. He's warm and intelligent and I find his guests to be more interesting.
Does anyone know if he chooses his guests? His language use is a tad odd but fun when he uses phrases like "let's unpack this" when he means to ferret out the details. Oooopsie, I typed "ferret". Ian's f-word. Remember when the called him "ferret-face?
Big Episcopalian Hugs to you Ian!
Your friend,
The Loch Ness Monster

Old Post 10-12-2011 10:14 PM
LochNessMonster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LochNessMonster Click here to Send LochNessMonster a Private Message Find more posts by LochNessMonster Add LochNessMonster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fan
Lady with a

Post #: 2

hehe I used to like Ian, way back in the olden days. I doubt very much he picks his guests often, but he probably has a say in it, and maybe veto power His religiosity doesn't really rub me the wrong way, although I know it does majorly for some people.

Old Post 10-13-2011 02:37 PM
Fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fan Click here to Send Fan a Private Message Visit Fan's homepage! Find more posts by Fan Add Fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diogenes
Pirate

Post #: 3

I used to enjoy him much more initially and to me the guests were more interesting.

He is pretty smart and his religion doesn't bother me at all - funny I get the feeling he is choosing all of his own guests.

Old Post 10-13-2011 03:18 PM
Diogenes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Diogenes Click here to Send Diogenes a Private Message Find more posts by Diogenes Add Diogenes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SquidInk

Post #: 4

To me Ian represents the transition of C2C - away from being a platform for exploration of the unknown(Art Bell, late '90s), to more of an entertainment venue.

Too much enthusiasm for pop culture topics. But he seems like a nice guy, kinda.

Old Post 10-13-2011 05:45 PM
SquidInk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SquidInk Click here to Send SquidInk a Private Message Find more posts by SquidInk Add SquidInk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diogenes
Pirate

Post #: 5

Yes that is it -

Old Post 10-13-2011 06:08 PM
Diogenes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Diogenes Click here to Send Diogenes a Private Message Find more posts by Diogenes Add Diogenes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
voguy
Pirate

Post #: 6

I think Ian has some good shows, and is more "researched" on the topics for his show.

However, I wish he would break out of his morning show mold and quit trying to talk about himself, or interrupting the guest to do some humor.

Too bad George Knapp can't give him some pointers in basic interview.

Old Post 10-14-2011 01:55 AM
voguy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for voguy Find more posts by voguy Add voguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote