Welcome Aboard :: Art Bell Dark Matter Chat at the Fantastic Forum

Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Join its free! Calendar Find other Pirates Frequently Asked Questions Search Home Logout
Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 Fantastic Forum the Original Art Bell's Dark Matter and Coast to Coast AM Forum > FANTASTIC PUB > Music > Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Fan
Lady with a

Post #: 1

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

Another of my favourites. I have seen them live at least 10 times.

The world's best banjo player with arguably the world's best bass player, and definitely the world's best Drumitar player (the Wooten brothers).

Bela Fleck has received Grammy nominations for performances in the jazz, bluegrass, pop, spoken word, contemporary Christian, gospel, classical, and country categories—more categories than any other musician.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A..._the_Flecktones

I was at this show!! Part 1 of 2, part 2 below with insane bass solo.

Hear Victor Wooten rip up a bass solo on Sinister Minister, one of their early hits.

and in case you are saying yeah he is funky but not musical (yes he is playing the theme in harmonics)

Victor Wooten is consistently ranked as one of the best bass players alive.

A beautiful Bela solo piece

Old Post 03-08-2012 05:02 PM
Fan is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Fan Click here to Send Fan a Private Message Visit Fan's homepage! Find more posts by Fan Add Fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote