Dreams

For non-partisan discussion ONLY. This policy will be strictly moderated and enforced. For those with eyes wide open, visionaries, lunatics, humorists (definitely!)

Moderator: Super Moderators

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Dreams

Post by Live365 » 09-05-2009 07:46 AM

I caught a bit of George’s interview Thursday night with someone named Laurie Nadel talking about precognitive dreams, and wondered if this thread might be a good idea. Unlike hundreds of thousands of people across the planet, I didn’t have any September 11th precognitive dreams, but I did have one about the anthrax attacks in July of 2001. Fortunately, I write my dreams down when they’re really compelling, so I know I didn’t “make this up” after the fact. It’s right there in my diary. I walked into a classroom full of people, and my co-worker at the time was standing at the podium in front. He held up a letter, and said “Laura received this in the mail”. He dumped the contents out on a table, and I described it at the time as a “white, crystalline substance”. The entire audience gasped in fear at the sight of it. “We think it’s methamphetamine” my co-worker went on to say, “but we have to send it to the lab to be sure. We’re also worried that other people have received these letters”. The only other possibility from the same time frame was a very disturbing, ugly dream where several “dark complected men” – at the time I interpreted it as Hispanic or European, but I wonder now if they may have been Arabic – turned an FBI agent into hamburger and fed him to a dog. I still shudder at the memory of that dream.

One of the most memorable dreams of my life was also years ago, circa 2002-2003. I was standing out on my deck, and the full Moon in the eastern sky was on fire. There was obviously nothing mankind could do about it, except wait and see if it meant the destruction of our Moon, and then possibly Earth, but I just stood on my deck alone and quietly watched. I knew that the instant I went into my living room and turned on CNN that none of our lives would ever be the same, and I wanted to stay in my life as I knew for as long as possible. So, in the dream, I just stood there and watched the Moon burn. Fortunately, however, nothing ever seemed to come of that one!

At any rate, this Laurie Nadel said that she’s once again getting a lot of people having troubling, suspiciously precognitive dreams, and cited in particular something about people seeing huge, black clouds on the horizon, except that they’re not clouds but something else. Yet, no one can figure out what they are in their dreams. I’m getting nothing – I’m in a phase where, if I dream at all, it’s about work or the fact that I need to defrost the refrigerator – so I’m intensely curious to see if you guys are getting something. Even if it’s a dream from the past that you can connect to something, please share.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 09-05-2009 08:03 AM

I just thought of another one, but it's kind of a stretch. In 1998 I had a job opportunity...well. It wasn't an actual "job opportunity", but a posting in the back of a scientific journal. I applied for it, but I think they used my application materials to test out their new paper shredder -- in New Orleans, and overnight became instantly infatuated with the city, so much so that I would dream about it. In one, I shared an apartment with a roommate, and one day I came home to find everything under two feet of water. Particularly in the bathroom, there was a fan floating around, and my roommate screamed "don't touch it! You'll be electrocuted!" She then looked at my quietly and said "I warned you that there was a lot of water in New Orleans." Since the two things -- the dream and Hurricane Katrina -- were seperated in time by seven years, I can hardly call it a ding. But I can't believe dreaming that the city of New Orleans was under water was a complete coincidence, either....
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 09-05-2009 11:38 AM

I had a dream in 1986 that I was walking down a street in an unknown town. It was very detailed. I found my way to a very large museum, and inside their were all sorts of medieval artifacts. A year later, I had forgotten the dream, and took a trip to London, and was looking for the British Museum. I suddenly realized I had been there before, and remembered the dream well enough that I was able to guide myself to the museum.
Anchors Aweigh!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-31-2015 10:59 PM

I think it would be neat hooking up a VCR type thing to our minds when we goto sleep and then when we wake up,we can play back the dream! (Sound and video)

Ah man!!

Return to “Pirates and Skeptics -P&G, etc”