Richard Moore in tough...

For non-partisan discussion ONLY. This policy will be strictly moderated and enforced. For those with eyes wide open, visionaries, lunatics, humorists (definitely!)

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Richard Moore in tough...

Post by Linnea » 01-06-2010 05:09 PM

Yep. Know how you feel Richard. And a merry christmas to you as well.

;) heh heh. Hang in there!

"Hi xxx,

I agree that we've reached the point of diminishing returns on the climate topic. I'll be starting something new, but I'm not yet sure what it will be.

However, the climate discussion has very much been about escaping the matrix. Escaping the matrix is not about adopting some particular set of beliefs, such as 'elites are running things'. Escaping the matrix is about learning to think for yourself. I was hoping that with a simple scientific topic it might be possible to get people to think for a change. I suppose I should have known better. The nearly universal response of the warming believers was to refuse to look at any of the evidence.

Another reason for the topic was that I myself wanted to learn about climate. I learned a lot, but I don't know whether or not anyone else learned anything. Until I started the topic on Dec 11, I had always assumed warming was a problem and Co2 was the cause. Once I began investigating, I found that all the evidence is on the other side. The only case for the warming argument comes from computer models that are programmed in advance to assume that warming is a problem and that Co2 is the cause. In fact, we are at a relatively cool time historically, and we are in danger of dipping into a new ice age. Even before the industrial era began, this was the longest inter-glacial period for hundreds of thousands of years. If Co2 does have a strong warming effect, and the evidence indicates otherwise, it might delay the next ice age, which would be a very good thing.

Yes, peak oil, water shortages, and elite power are all problems that face us. And all of those problems have been successfully marginalized in public discussion by means of the warming propaganda. The liberal sheep have been herded into that enclosure, where they bleat "Copenhagen", not knowing that the only purpose of that agenda is to consolidate elite power into a global government.

So where do we go from here on cyberjournal? The goal of getting people to think seems utterly hopeless (apart from those of you who already think). As Heinlein said in one of his stories, "Man is not a rational animal, he is a rationalizing animal". That has been thoroughly demonstrated in our belief thread, in the warming thread, and in our earlier discussions about Obama. The fact that so many people still think Obama is on their side is clear evidence that rationality plays no role in beliefs.

I'm not interested in trying to be a counter-propagandist. Alex Jones and others are doing a great job of that, with a lot more resources and audience than I have. And with all their efforts, they cannot compete with the mass media for the liberal mind. In some sense, the biggest problem we face is the susceptibility of liberals to mass-media propaganda. I've posted several good analyses of that, from a psychological perspective, but everyone thinks it applies to everyone but them.

As I've said many times, the only path to transformation involves coming together in our communities around local issues, and learning to listen to one another and work together for our common local objectives. But very few people have any interest in talking about that or following up on that. When I try to get cyberjournal interested in that topic, it's met mostly with silence. I even started another list devoted to that topic, the 'new world roundtable', and discussion petered out after a few weeks. There are lots of people working locally, but not because of cyberjournal or anything I say.

If you have any ideas about what might be useful on cyberjournal, please let me know.

merry christmas,
richard"

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 01-06-2010 08:27 PM

Who is Richard Moore?

I googled him and came up with a variety of Richard Moores.:)
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 01-06-2010 11:26 PM

R.K. Moore - Cyberjournal

We used to have this active on the FF:

http://www.fantasticforum.com/cyberjour ... index.html

Links there to current cyberjournal and mailing list groups.

Return to “Pirates and Skeptics -P&G, etc”