Prelude: Face full of bullets

For non-partisan discussion ONLY. This policy will be strictly moderated and enforced. For those with eyes wide open, visionaries, lunatics, humorists (definitely!)

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-22-2012 04:05 PM

The Rich Mormon I can believe
Obama and Bush were elected by people who believed - turns out both were liars in the end. Do you think Romney is different (honest) because he's a mormon? Because his ad record reflects differently. http://www.politifact.com/personalities/mitt-romney/ as does the incumbent's: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/ Both are lying sacks of..well, I'll just say they're politicians and leave it at that.

These are power-hungry politicians that say what they need to to lead in the polls. If it's true - all the better, but lies aren't off the table..they just spin them with political double-speak nonsense, smile real big and make a v-is-for-Victory/peace sign and hope no one is keeping track.

When listening to these bozos I question everything they say - even from the religious family man like Mitt. Especially from them as they serve more than one master and have taken vows prior to their elected office's oath.

WTF ever happened to that smart, old country doc from TX that was running..? I couldn't find where he'd lied to his electorate at all -- or made promises he wasn't going to every effort to fulfill. Now him I could vote for.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-22-2012 07:18 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: Obama and Bush were elected by people who believed - turns out both were liars in the end. Do you think Romney is different (honest) because he's a mormon? Because his ad record reflects differently. http://www.politifact.com/personalities/mitt-romney/ as does the incumbent's: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/ Both are lying sacks of..well, I'll just say they're politicians and leave it at that.

These are power-hungry politicians that say what they need to to lead in the polls. If it's true - all the better, but lies aren't off the table..they just spin them with political double-speak nonsense, smile real big and make a v-is-for-Victory/peace sign and hope no one is keeping track.

When listening to these bozos I question everything they say - even from the religious family man like Mitt. Especially from them as they serve more than one master and have taken vows prior to their elected office's oath.

WTF ever happened to that smart, old country doc from TX that was running..? I couldn't find where he'd lied to his electorate at all -- or made promises he wasn't going to every effort to fulfill. Now him I could vote for. [/B]

None of my opinions of Governor Romney have anything to do with his being Mormon. His religion has no influence on me one way or another.

The world diplomatically and economically has become increasingly complicated and I think Governor Romney is infinitely more capable in every way than the current President.

I could have voted for Ron Paul as well - he just couldn't get there.
A man's character is his fate

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 08-22-2012 08:07 PM

Diogenes wrote: None of my opinions of Governor Romney have anything to do with his being Mormon. His religion has no influence on me one way or another.

The world diplomatically and economically has become increasingly complicated and I think Governor Romney is infinitely more capable in every way than the current President.

I could have voted for Ron Paul as well - he just couldn't get there.
Get where? Why do 'natural born' presidential contenders have to 'get' somewhere besides year 36 of their lives?

Is it because a war mongering political cartel has usurped power, and is holding the entire nation in a death grip?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartel

George Washington himself refused to join any political group, and tried to warn us against the destructive nature of political affiliation. Is Romney (and his so-called 'party') infinitely more qualified than Washington to define American values?

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/washing.asp

Shall we drop down and pay our respect to those party adherents who idolize Ayn Rand - a true sociopath who found the personification of her “ideal man” in a notorious serial killer who dismembered young girls for fun?

The whole thing is sick.
Last edited by SquidInk on 08-23-2012 08:29 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 08-23-2012 01:54 AM

Well, call me crazy, but I still believe President Obama has and will be a good President. I don't think McCain could have done any better - except that he would have had support from the House and the Senate because he's white and he's a Republican. There is still a lot of racial bias out there, and some around here... We live with it every day in our neighborhood, partly because Rod's new doormat now says, "WELCOME (unless you're a Republican)." Even our gardener turns it upside down, and he's gay.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 08-27-2012 11:39 PM

SquidInk wrote: Why do 'natural born' presidential contenders have to 'get' somewhere besides year 36 of their lives?

Is it because a war mongering political cartel has usurped power, and is holding the entire nation in a death grip?
I ask again.

Related: http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/po ... -delegates
Later that same day the RNC Rules Committee voted 63-38 to create a new party rule granting the the ruling cabal — and by extension their candidate, Mitt Romney — unchecked power to change the party’s rules.

At the urging of the Romney campaign’s chief attorney, Ben Ginsberg, the new rule allows the RNC to re-write the party's rulebook without the approval of the full Republican National Convention.

The new scheme is an unprecedented power grab that gives the GOP’s presumptive nominee power to control the party and to effectively prevent any dissenting man or message from penetrating the thick veil of control draped by the Establishment over the nominating process.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-27-2012 11:46 PM

The new scheme is an unprecedented power grab that gives the GOP’s presumptive nominee power to control the party and to effectively prevent any dissenting man or message from penetrating the thick veil of control draped by the Establishment over the nominating process
That's even more power than Limbaugh has! :bigmouth:

Return to “Pirates and Skeptics -P&G, etc”