Obama to Saudi Dictators: I've got your back, friend

For non-partisan discussion ONLY. This policy will be strictly moderated and enforced. For those with eyes wide open, visionaries, lunatics, humorists (definitely!)

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

Obama to Saudi Dictators: I've got your back, friend

Post by SquidInk » 09-13-2010 10:28 AM

Hope and change by the bucketful. This guy is totally different than his predecessor. It's like night and day.

I'm sure the defense industry was as shocked as the rest of us to hear of this potential windfall.
The Obama administration is set to notify Congress of plans to offer advanced aircraft to Saudi Arabia worth up to billion, the largest U.S. arms deal ever, and is in talks with the kingdom about potential naval and missile-defense upgrades that could be worth tens of billions of dollars more.

The administration plans to tout the billion package as a major job creator—supporting at least 75,000 jobs, according to company estimates—and sees the sale of advanced fighter jets and military helicopters to key Middle Eastern ally Riyadh as part of a broader policy aimed at shoring up Arab allies against Iran.

The talks between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia have been widely known for months, but many new details are only now coming into focus. These include the number and type of aircraft involved, how much the Saudis intend to spend in an initial installment, and the ongoing negotiations to also upgrade the kingdom's navy and missile defense. - source
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Riddick
Pirate

Obama Administration’s $1 Billion Arms Deal Aids Saudi Brutality In Yemen, Lawmakers Say

Post by Riddick » 09-16-2016 11:08 AM

Congressional Republicans are squaring off against the Obama administration’s proposed $1 billion weapons deal with Saudi Arabia, which lawmakers say will embolden Riyadh with enough firepower to continue its brutal intervention in the ongoing civil war in Yemen.

The deal would provide Saudi forces with over 150 M1A2 Abrams battle tanks, along with supplies of ammunition and various shipments of small arms, to replace equipment lost in the Yemen war, according to the White House.

Administration officials notified Congress of the pending sale in August. Reaction from Capitol Hill was swift and confrontational.

More than 60 House Republicans and Democrats sent a letter to President Obama shortly after the announcement, demanding that the White House provide details on how the administration planned to pressure Riyadh to limit civilian casualties in Yemen.

Over 6,000 Yemeni civilians have been killed and hundreds of thousands more wounded in fighting over the past year between Yemeni government forces and Houthi rebels.

The Houthi, a Sunni separatist sect in the country, forced President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi from power in 2015. Since then, government factions loyal to the deposed Hadi regime, backed primarily by Saudi forces, have been battling Houthi forces for control.

But Riyadh’s heavy-handed strategy to defeat the Houthis has generated outrage among human rights groups. A devastating aerial campaign has reportedly included the use of cluster bombs, which have been banned under international rules of war.

“As the humanitarian crisis continues to deteriorate, anti-American sentiment is spiraling as the local population blames the U.S. for the thousands of civilian deaths resulting from the Saudis’ bombing campaign,” Sen. Christopher Murphy, Connecticut Democrat, said in a statement.

“This will come back to haunt us,” he said. “It’s time that we put real conditions on our military aid to the Saudis.”

Mr. Murphy and Sen. Rand Paul, Kentucky Republican, are pushing legislation to block the weapons sale to the Saudis until the Obama administration puts such conditions in place.

Their legislation was introduced late last week. But with the legislative calendar quickly coming to a close, it remains unclear whether the bill can get enough traction before the end of the congressional session.

FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Obama to Saudi Dictators: I've got your back, friend

Post by Doka » 09-19-2016 06:28 PM

The Saudi's a friend to no one, that's just the way our president likes them. The Saudis , who have the money, land and accommodations to take every refugee, that's being shipped all over the world, away from their homeland. Have taken in 0. That's the way our president likes it. (And Soros) :twisted:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Re: Obama to Saudi Dictators: I've got your back, friend

Post by Doka » 10-21-2016 10:24 AM

"My faith guides me and I feel like it is going well in the transition of using freedom of religion in America against itself."
Valerie Jarrett 1977

I always read the "comments" and sometimes they are much more "Interesting" than the Article it's self.

This is a conversation regarding Huma Abedin(Weiner) and Valerie Jarrett. Valerie has been called the "most powerful woman" in the White House, but not a "Peep" out of her.
Just What does she do? I believe they are both active operatives for The Muslim Brotherhood or something worse. And are INVITED into the White House to do the Real work , making sure the the Radicals Are In the country. If anyone knows where the "Terror Cells" are ,they would, because I believe they put them there!

What can we do? NOTHING?. Our lives are already changed for ever. You and for generations to come will be responsible for your own safety, when you go to the grocery store or any kind of event, be aware of what is going on around you, it will be up to your own vigilance , the degree of safety you enjoy. Our "Childhood" is over.
============
I know.  So would I.  I cannot understand why she is the most important woman in the entire administration yet has zero outside contact.  Never before has there been a presidential gatekeeper who has no presence, no activity, no "there" there.  The invisible Rasputin.  It's as if she doesn't exist to the Democrat MSM.
============

Nor has there been one born in Iran. Neither has there ever been a deputy chief of staff to a US Secretary of State who grew up in Saudi Arabia and whose parents are heavy hitters in an organization funded by the Saudis and known to have given money to terrorist organizations. Factor in HRC's Pay to Play empire and what do you have at the highest level of government?  Start here, with Mrs. Weiner:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=351_1476878619

Next check out this quote from Valerie Jarrett. Read it a couple times, let the words sink in.

"I am an Iranian by birth and of my Islamic faith. I am also an American Citizen and I seek to help change America to be a more Islamic country. My faith guides me and I feel like it is going well in the transition of using freedom of religion in America against itself."

Valerie Jarrett, Stanford University 1977

"using freedom of religion in America 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=003_1477024079
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Pirates and Skeptics -P&G, etc”