The New Normal

For non-partisan discussion ONLY. This policy will be strictly moderated and enforced. For those with eyes wide open, visionaries, lunatics, humorists (definitely!)

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

The New Normal

Post by SquidInk » 03-30-2012 09:54 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/nyreg ... .html?_r=2
It makes sense to be humble in the presence of conflicting accounts. The White Plains public safety commissioner declared this a “warranted use of deadly force”; the shooter was later put on modified assignment. Mr. Chamberlain, in the commissioner’s telling, had withstood electric charges, grabbed a butcher knife and charged the officers.

It's the new normal, everyday humdrum story. The message: be afraid of everything. Wait until they roll out the drones, and the miniature quad-rotors.

To protect and serve, indeed.

Related: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/atk-se ... _news_stmp
ATK Wins Five-Year, Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Contract for .40 Caliber Ammunition from DHS, ICE --Additional .40 Caliber Ammunition Contract with 450 Million Round Potential Demonstrates ATK's Leadership in Ammunition Manufacturing
Also related: http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/03/25 ... rsity-1-4/
America’s newest college major may well be Drone Studies.

Amid a worldwide boom in unmanned aerial vehicles, a handful of U.S. colleges have begun offering classes and even four-year degrees for students looking for jobs in the fast-growing field where even newcomers can earn six-figure salaries.

Jeb Bailey, 28, who has taken every drone-related course at Northwestern Michigan College, said one of his fellow students at the Traverse City, Mich., school recently landed a job operating unmanned aerial vehicles for a private military contractor overseas. “He got like 0,000 per year,” Bailey said. “And he didn’t even finish his associate’s degree.”
Sweet. Land of the free, home of the brave.

Also related: showthread.php?threadid=46054

I know. If I'm not doing anything wrong, I have nothing to worry about, right?
Last edited by SquidInk on 03-30-2012 10:23 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-31-2012 06:54 AM

I dont believe in the word "Normal",its a BS word meant to be used by a group of ppl to justify what they think is right or wrong...

IT MEANS NOTHING!!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-31-2012 07:57 AM

Normal is only normal to the normal person who judges their actions, and others, as normal. What seems normal to one is foreign to others. It's sort of like children, what is a nice chocolate pie is actually mud in pan.

I'm never amazed at what some people see as normal, ethical, or responsible.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Pirates and Skeptics -P&G, etc”