American Democracy Is Doomed

For non-partisan discussion ONLY. This policy will be strictly moderated and enforced. For those with eyes wide open, visionaries, lunatics, humorists (definitely!)

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

American Democracy Is Doomed

Post by Riddick » 03-03-2015 05:29 PM

The breakdown of American constitutional democracy is a contrarian view. But it's nothing more than the view that rather than everyone being wrong about the state of American politics, maybe everyone is right. Maybe Bush and Obama are dangerously exceeding norms of executive authority. Maybe legislative compromise really has broken down in an alarming way. And maybe the reason these complaints persist across different administrations and congresses led by members of different parties is that American politics is breaking down.

FULL STORY

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-03-2015 09:36 PM

This past Sunday I had afternoon tea with good friends, who are old like me. We started out the visit swapping stories about how we are all dealing with our arthritis; diet, exercise, meds, etc. And then the conversation turned to politics. As we continued chatting, my mind harkened back to my kid days and remembering my grandparents sitting around the house with their cronies complaining about their aches and pains and bitching about the Government and how (according to my grandmother), "The world has gone to hell in a hand basket." So I related this thought to my old cronies and we had a helluva good laugh.

We have morphed into our grandparents, perish the thought. :D

Do I get one point for an early bird post? :)
Last edited by Raggedyann on 03-03-2015 09:45 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-04-2015 12:51 AM

Raggedyann wrote: Do I get one point for an early bird post? :)
What, start off our March Madness tourney by showing favoritism to a fellow teammate? Being inclined not to jeopardize everyone's trust in me as scorekeeper, I should think not. But you do get the Early Bird consolation prize, a nice juicy worm.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

A good thread riddick!!

Post by Dude111 » 03-04-2015 01:37 AM

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-04-2015 06:50 PM

Riddick wrote: What, start off our March Madness tourney by showing favoritism to a fellow teammate? Being inclined not to jeopardize everyone's trust in me as scorekeeper, I should think not. But you do get the Early Bird consolation prize, a nice juicy worm.

:D :D :D
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Return to “Pirates and Skeptics -P&G, etc”