Growing Scientific Consciousness Revolution

The endless frontier. Mind, matter, consciousness

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Growing Scientific Consciousness Revolution

Post by Linnea » 08-12-2009 05:00 PM

from the peoplessvoice dot org:

Science will surely remain one-eyed and lacking in depth-perception until it acknowledges the equal validity of subjective, sensory and spiritual experience. And it will continue to record the letter of mere mechanics, and miss the true spirit that brings it all to life, until it comes to recognize the universal urge to unite ~ even within the molecule itself ~ as being the universal attractive force of love:

There is a growing consciousness revolution going on in science ~ a genuine paradigm shift. While mainstream science remains generally materialist and seeing through one eye ~ a growing number of scientists are supporting and developing a paradigm based on the primacy of consciousness. I'm one of them but I'm concentrating on spiritual psychology and the realm of soul consciousness ~ which permeates the unseen sub-atomic world as well as the world of our physical sensory experience.

No one describes this growing scientific impasse more tellingly than Lincoln Barnett, author of The Universe and Dr. Einstein:

"A theoretical concept is emptied of content to the degree that it is divorced from sensory experience ~ for the only world man can truly know is the world created for him by his senses. Beyond that point he stares into the void ."

In other words, our consciousness determines what we see. Dr John Hagelin, one of the world's leading pioneers of theoretical physics also believes we are really talking about worlds of consciousness ~ " If you scratch below the surface and get to the molecular atomic and sub-atomic levels, you find that these worlds are not material worlds. They are worlds of intelligence and ultimately worlds of consciousness."

more:
http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Voi ... ss-revolut

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-12-2009 05:42 PM

Interesting article Linnea, I believe our future is in consciousness....hard science will be a thing of the past. SETI is looking in all the wrong places in my opinion, the answers to all our questions are within.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 08-12-2009 06:27 PM

YES! What a great article. Thanks so much for posting this, Linnea.

I agree that our future, and indeed, perhaps even our very survival, lies in this direction, Shirley.

I have also seen a lot of encouraging signs, especially in the realm of physics, of a merging of science and spirituality that promises a more holistic view of ourselves and the universe in which we are immersed. There has been much written in recent years by physicists, cosmologists, and spiritual leaders as well, that is lending credence toward this merging. I, for one, welcome it. :)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 08-12-2009 09:29 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Interesting article Linnea, I believe our future is in consciousness....hard science will be a thing of the past.

Hardly.........

It's common practice in England to ring a telephone by signaling extra
voltage across one side of the two wire circuit and ground (earth in
England). When the subscriber answers the phone, it switches to the two
wire circuit for the conversation. This method allows two parties on the
same line to be signalled without disturbing each other.

Anyway, an elderly lady with several pets called to say that her telephone
failed to ring when her friends called; and that on the few occasions when
it did ring her dog always barked first. The telephone repairman proceeded
to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog.

He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the
subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring. He tried again. The dog barked
loudly, followed by a ringing telephone.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. A dog was tied to the telephone system's ground post via an iron
chain and collar.
2. The dog was receiving a 90 volt signalling current.
3. After several such jolts, the dog would start barking and
urinating on the ground.
4. The wet ground now completed the circuit and the phone would ring.

Which shows you that some problems can be fixed by just pissing on
them.
:cool:
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-12-2009 09:32 PM

Guess you don't take this seriously megman.:D

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 08-12-2009 09:34 PM

Joolz wrote: YES! What a great article. Thanks so much for posting this, Linnea.

I agree that our future, and indeed, perhaps even our very survival, lies in this direction, Shirley.

I have also seen a lot of encouraging signs, especially in the realm of physics, of a merging of science and spirituality that promises a more holistic view of ourselves and the universe in which we are immersed. There has been much written in recent years by physicists, cosmologists, and spiritual leaders as well, that is lending credence toward this merging. I, for one, welcome it. :)

Interesting article, Linnea. :)

On this, I completely agree with Joolz. ;)
racehorse

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 08-12-2009 09:39 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Guess you don't take this seriously megman.:D

Sure I do. But there will always be a necessity and place for hard science. That's where all the grunt work takes place.;)
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-12-2009 09:40 PM

You bet megman.:)

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 08-13-2009 02:21 AM

What fascinates me is, we are all working with the same range of variables, and our minds bend in different directions. As though there was a distinct polarity operating here. Some move toward the direction of embracing studies as these, and others take an opposite tack. There is not much 'middle' here.

Seems it's either: 'hmmmm....that's worth exploring'

or

'that's touchy, feelie BS'

Return to “Quantum Physics/Edge Science”