The endless frontier. Mind, matter, consciousness

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Time Travel

Post by voguy » 12-30-2015 08:26 PM

Is there a possibility of time travel?

http://www.moreideas.net/2015/12/08/phy ... -possible/
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Great SCOTT!

Post by Riddick » 12-31-2015 02:55 AM

Time travel's one of my favorite areas of scientific conjecture, especially in the fictional realm where possibilities are endless, such flights of fancy at times playing fast and loose with the laws of time and space even as we ask exactly how DOES existence tick?

Insofar what "reality" for back and forth time travel exists outside quantum considerations, even if possible, I dunno how practical it'd be. If one truly ponders the "Back To The Future" trilogy, with all the resultant alternate timelines it's one helluva messy business --

OTOH rather than physical travel, as a notion transferal of a subject's consciousness back in time, while limiting the range to within one's lifetime, would at least avoid the issue of excess instances of a subject co-existing: Other in-film factors aside, signs suggest this as the mechanism being used in "Retroactive", a fairly recent find of mine that's now on my all-time time-travel flick faves list...

FULL MOVIE
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

BTTF Part IV : The Future Ain't What It Used To Be

Post by Riddick » 01-01-2016 03:39 AM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Quantum Physics/Edge Science”