Free Alternate Radio Online

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Iris
Pirate

Free Alternate Radio Online

Post by Iris » 04-21-2007 04:12 AM

I listen to Alex Jones quite a bit. I think you all know who he is. He streams 24/7 so you can listen at any time of day to his most recent show. You can pause it, but you can't back it up to hear what you've missed, or skip it forward to avoid an advertisement. Good listening. It's on: http://prisonplanet.com/
and also on: http://infowars.com/
Just click on "listen live" and follow the links.

I used to listen to Rense and one other source, but they've become pay sites.

What do you listen to, how can we find it, and what are the particulars?

mudwoman
Pirate

Re: Free Alternate Radio Online

Post by mudwoman » 04-21-2007 07:00 AM

Iris wrote: I listen to Alex Jones quite a bit. I think you all know who he is. He streams 24/7 so you can listen at any time of day to his most recent show. You can pause it, but you can't back it up to hear what you've missed, or skip it forward to avoid an advertisement. Good listening. It's on: http://prisonplanet.com/
and also on: http://infowars.com/
Just click on "listen live" and follow the links.

I used to listen to Rense and one other source, but they've become pay sites.

What do you listen to, how can we find it, and what are the particulars?
Rense is still free, my friend. I will send you a link to a whole host of free live, and archived online radio sites, and programs. It's in html on my website, and I am sorry I don't have time to reformat it for posting hear.

L
S
:)

cherry
Pirate

Advertising on Streaming Audio

Post by cherry » 04-21-2007 08:36 AM

Iris wrote: You can pause it, but you can't back it up to hear what you've missed, or skip it forward to avoid an advertisement ....
I quit listening to Dreamland when Whitley added so many commercials on his weekly show. There must be some other way to fundraise.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Re: Advertising on Streaming Audio

Post by Shirleypal » 04-21-2007 10:39 AM

cherry wrote: I quit listening to Dreamland when Whitley added so many commercials on his weekly show. There must be some other way to fundraise.

Yes Cherry you can subscribe to his website and download the shows commercial free, it is on;y $19.75 for six weeks plus you get access to all shows for the past three years and his special interviews and much more.

Iris
Pirate

Re: Re: Free Alternate Radio Online

Post by Iris » 04-21-2007 07:20 PM

mudwoman wrote: Rense is still free, my friend. I will send you a link to a whole host of free live, and archived online radio sites, and programs. It's in html on my website, and I am sorry I don't have time to reformat it for posting hear.

L
S
:)

Thank you Sandy. I think you have to listen at a particular time, though, right? I'm lousy at that. I usually get time to listen after midnight. I used to listen to False Flag News all the time and loved it, but Daniel seems to have stopped broadcasting. I don't understand the changes they've made to the site that hosts all those programs.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-21-2007 08:22 PM

Iris there is a sticky in the Coast to Coast deck to post alternative radio programs, you might want to post it there also.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Rick Fisher

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-07-2007 03:12 PM

The spirits of radio
Local paranormal researcher hosting Internet call-in show

By CARLA DI FONZO, Staff
Intelligencer Journal

Published: Jul 07, 2007 12:26 AM EST

LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa. - Do you see dead people?

Or perhaps you've seen a peculiar light in the sky that left you wondering if we're all alone in the universe.

If so, then meet Rick Fisher, local paranormal investigator, author and field researcher.

He'd like to take your call.

Fisher, a Columbia resident, has written books, guest-starred on TV shows such as the Travel Channel's "Supernatural Destinations" and lectured all over the mid-Atlantic paranormal conference circuit — but now he's branching out into uncharted territory with his own live Internet radio show.

"Paranormal PA Radio with Rick Fisher" airs at 6 p.m. Mondays. Callers can talk to Fisher live by dialing (646) 716-7327. Listen here

His first show, featuring him and a friend, aired Monday, and Fisher said he has special guests lined up "until October."

"I was the first guest for the first show," he said, laughing. "That part made me a little nervous, because I thought, 'If no one calls, I'll have to talk the whole time.'

"But it went well," he went on. "I had callers that night, and in between calls my friend was there to ask me questions about my research."

Fisher's work has earned him some notoriety. In 2004, he was honored at the first National Paranormal Awards in Baltimore, where he was given the Special Achievement Award.

Producers from "Survivor" contacted Fisher last year to star in a special haunted version of the popular reality TV show — an offer he had to turn down due to scheduling conflicts.

Fisher is cautiously optimistic about his new venture.

"I don't know how popular the show might become yet," he said. "But who knows? There's definitely an interest out there."

Radio personality Art Bell began his own supernatural talk show, "Coast to Coast AM" during the '80s at a Las Vegas-based radio station. Some people thought it was a strange little venture, others just loved it — even skeptics looking for something unusual on the airwaves. Now the show (hosted by George Noory) is broadcast on more than 500 U.S. radio affiliates and throughout Canada.

And while Fisher's show is only in its infancy, there are plenty of local legends that listeners can phone in about — such as the alleged sightings of short, hairy creatures known as albatwitches around Chickies Creek or the mysterious Lady in Gray at the Fulton Opera House.

But since Fisher has more than his share of contacts in the world of paranormal research, his guest list will feature experts from across the country.

"Some of these people I'm friends with after having met them on the guest lecture circuit," Fisher said. "So, you can say I know people."

This month, "Paranormal PA Radio" will feature:

Monday: Author/researcher Ed Okonowicz will speak about ghosts based in Annapolis, Md.

July 16: Psychic Karl Petry will talk about his experiences with the supernatural and take listeners' calls.

July 23: A special show will feature Alexandra Holzer, who will discuss growing up with her famous father, Hans Holzer. Hans Holzer, now retired, has written more than 100 books on the supernatural and occult as well as scripts for films and documentaries, and has hosted his own television show.
Fisher said the elder Holzer's books meant a lot to him as a child, especially after he saw a ghost in his grandparents' home.

"I always wanted to meet Hans. He was like an idol to me, especially as a boy," Fisher said.

"A few years ago in New Jersey, we were both scheduled to speak at the same convention — Hans on Saturday, me on Sunday.

"I don't usually prepare a lot of notes for my lectures, but I did that time, because I wanted to impress Hans," he said. "Unfortunately, he got sick and had to cancel. I told this to Alexandra, and she thought it was all very sweet, and later Hans said we should meet sometime in person."

Fisher said fans can download the episodes as podcasts after they are broadcast.

"So, you can listen to it live or whenever you want," he said. "People have been downloading the show already. There were about 78 hits for the first episode."

Fisher said everyone is invited to listen.

Read more about it here
Last edited by HurricaneJoanie on 07-07-2007 03:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 07-07-2007 03:17 PM

Thanks HJ :)

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”