Moderation, Rules and Policies

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 06-14-2008 10:27 PM

Jon-Marcus wrote: Repeatedly as in twice now. Why go for round two, you ask? Because round one was NEVER resolved.

Yes. So you intentionally started round two. Thank you for your honesty. You were not a victim at all, but a knowing perpetrator pretending to be a victim. And see, we knew this because we're apparently smarter than you give us credit for.

I really had it right with my kitties duelling picture, didn't I? You want a duel with Joe. You know, I read your words and I could just picture you slapping Joe across his face with your glove. That flashed right through my head. And you know we women simply never could understand that mentality that seems to be so common with you men. You see it in every movie where there is a duel, with the ladies trying so hard to stop it before it starts and then sobbing afterwards, and they are the ultimate losers. But the men never seem to consider the wife and child they'll leave behind to fend for themselves. All that matters is their pride.

Another angle... do you think there might be some shades of the young bull/old bull rivalry here? Does Joe remind you of your dad or something? Because this reminds me of that, too. A whole lot of grown up men at some point decked their dad when they were teenagers -- out arm wrestled him or something. It's like a rite of passage. Reminds me of the joke about the old bull and the young bull standing on the hill overlooking the herd of cows. Do you know that one?

I'm just trying to understand because see, I wouldn't think it was fair to Linnea and everyone else here to cause all this grief and stress, which is undoubtedly hardest on Linnea who is suffering MUCH more than Joe is from what we can see. And of course you knew it would cause grief because you already "been there, done that" and you also are far from stupid.

Jon-Marcus wrote: If you will recall, I tried, Iris. But good old Joe would not stand up and answer me. Most everyone else put their two pennies in, But not Joe. And just like then, lots of people are putting pennies in the pot this time... and some are expecting to get change back. Meanwhile, Joe sits back and says nothing. again. So no resolution then, and none now.
Sorry, Iris, But until Joe finds enough brass to fight his own battles this won't be resolved.

Well... remember that saying about the deffinitiuon of insanity being that you do the same thing over and over expecting different results? How about that? You're not going to do the same thing a third time, are you? I mean, really.

Jon-Marcus wrote: Girl, I'm glad you don't expect all that stuff you said up there. Cuz I ain't rich. Got about 200 bucks in the bank, payday is friday and the rent's due. Sorry, but no pony this year.

I got to saying what I wanted and you know what they say -- if you're going to wish, wish big. So I wished you were filthy rich and I could just see your face beeming happiness as we carried you around on that chair.

I guess I'll just have to settle for really nice and happy and not disruptive on the board, and that would still be a really, really good thing. And a good post on the subject matter at hand would be delightful from time to time if you feel inclined.

Jon-Marcus wrote: Btw, I am not and never have been "after" Lady Linnea, in any way shape or form. I did however let my temper get the better of me and made some comments that easily could be seen that way. Anger and frustration, unfortunately, does that to me from time to time.
I have discussed this with her in a private e-mail. We understand each other and she has my apology. And that's all I'm going to say about it. It was private.

I'm really glad to see that because Kaz said it right. Linnea doesn't deserve what she's gotten in the last few days. See, I don't know how it is for Linnea, but I own a big email list and it's my "baby" and when something bad is happening on it, my stomach ties up in knots and does flip flops and I'm very agitated, you know, pacing around the room, if not in actuality in my head, and I'll get to feeling physically ill if it's bad -- until the situation is resolved. I hope it's not that bad for Linnea but I imagine it may well be.

So I hope everyone here will think of her in the future and treat her tenderly because she doesn't have to do this for any of us. She does it for us out of her goodness. And that doesn't mean we always have to agree with her or we can never feel angry, but we need to remember the basics here.

Can we have an alternative ending please?

You know, sometimes one guy wants a duel and the other guy says no. Then no duel happens. You see that in the movies all the time too. It's an okay way for a movie, or a life to go.

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 06-14-2008 10:28 PM

Jon-Marcus wrote:
By the way, I'm not going anywhere. Try not to lose any sleep over it.

Hmmmm... I kinda miss Divornimus. HE at least would fight his own battles.
Itchy posting finger on moi. I am glad you're not going anywhere, JM. And I too REALLY miss Div.
:D
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-14-2008 10:46 PM

Jon-Marcus wrote: By the way, I'm not going anywhere.
I am glad to hear that Jon :)

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 06-14-2008 11:06 PM

Iris,
If I ever need a psychoanalysis, rest assured, I will not call you.
You seem to have an amazingly vivid imagination. Fine. You go right ahead and believe whatever you want to believe.

Yes I know the joke about the two bulls.
You know the saying about opinions, don't you?

No need to reply. It was a rhetorical question.
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 06-14-2008 11:20 PM

LOL! Didn't like that one huh?

Well, you're not going to do it again here are you? Just how about that part? I mean, Joe obviously isn't suffering but others are.

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 06-14-2008 11:47 PM

Iris wrote: LOL! Didn't like that one huh?

Well, you're not going to do it again here are you? Just how about that part? I mean, Joe obviously isn't suffering but others are.

I'll be blunt; Here as in the galley?
No.
Will I ever call for his head on a platter? No.
Call for him to be banned?
No.
Will I ever call for a mod?
No.
Bust his chops in P&G?
Hell yeah.

And I'll thank you in advance to never compare him and my deceased father again.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 06-14-2008 11:49 PM

I'm gonna leap to Jon's defense once again and say that form of armchair psychoanalysis was really uncalled for.

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 06-14-2008 11:56 PM

HB3 wrote: I'm gonna leap to Jon's defense once again and say that form of armchair psychoanalysis was really uncalled for.

Thanks, but there's no need.
I think I know what she's up to.
Won't work.
Good try though.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 06-15-2008 12:02 AM

Hey man. Silence=consent.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 06-15-2008 12:03 AM

I'm up to trying to help steer the FF into calm waters so that everyone can have more fun here. Devious, huh? Nyeh, heh, heh!

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 06-15-2008 12:04 AM

HB3 wrote: Hey man. Silence=consent.

Good point.
G'night, HB. :) ;)

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 06-15-2008 12:07 AM

Iris wrote: I'm up to trying to help steer the FF into calm waters so that everyone can have more fun here. Devious, huh? Nyeh, heh, heh!

Another time, another place. G'night. Some folks have to work tomorrow morning.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 06-15-2008 12:10 AM

Jon-Marcus wrote: Another time, another place. G'night. Some folks have to work tomorrow morning.

Sweet dreams. :)

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-15-2008 12:22 AM

Hey Iris, thanks for your comments. I am happy you are back on board the ship !!! :)

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 06-15-2008 12:31 AM

Kaztronic wrote: So, go lay your cards on the table. No need to be coy, most of us know who, and what you are talking about.

Go ahead and request/demand my suspension already.

State your case, request a response to it, and let's move on. Or, do you intend to never move past this if you don't get the results you desire?

Look, you'll either get your wish, or you wont. This issue is not nearly as black & white as you are trying to portray it.

Sorry Kaz. The issue I was talking about IS black and white. I haven't been 'coy'. That's your job. I too would like to move on. I would just like to know if there are some who get a 'get out of jail free pass'. Know what I mean? You've posted some good things. So have others, and so have I. I only want fair judgement. You are very cognizant, and when you post in a 'clever' way, you know full well what you are doing. You have baited, and you know when you are doing it. You have a clever way with words. I don't dislike you. I just dislike the slick way you have of making some people angry, and then pretending you are innocent, or then apologizing quickly to make yourself look 'clean'. It's been a good tool of yours. We've had some good posts together. I just wish things were different. I don't have any hope that I will 'get my wish'. You don't understand what 'my wish' is. You are safe. Don't worry. I on the other hand, may be skating on thin ice here... But... Oh well!!!
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”