Are you out there?

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-27-2010 10:54 PM

squirt wrote: Whatever happened to Capt. Kundalini? anyone know?

Sure he is out there in cyberspace somewhere, he may have taken a long walk on a short pier.:D

squirt
Pirate

Post by squirt » 03-28-2010 10:15 AM

OK. Thank You, I think.
I used to enjoy some of his stories, many years ago.
Last I knew of him, he was ill.

Have a nice day, Shirleypal.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-28-2010 09:57 PM

Hi, squirt. Welcome to the forum.

Capt Kundalini was a great contributor here for years, and well liked. Things kind of took a turn for the worse a while back when some really vicious comments regarding Art Bell were made on the forum here - and, well - CK got planked.

Sorry to hear he has been ill, and I wish him well.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 03-28-2010 10:00 PM

Linnea wrote: Sorry to hear he has been ill, and I wish him well.
I do too !

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 03-29-2010 10:45 AM

Ahoy and count me here.

Another Pirate I wish would check in and let us know he's alright is Last Martian. I love his wit. His sense of humor and timing are so fine tuned that one could almost hear the ba-da-ba-(rim shot) at the end of his post.:D

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-03-2010 03:01 AM

Live365' :)

Just passing thru'...

Memories' Yes'

Of all the pirates lost at sea....

I remember them well, all of them, and all of you's...

With Love~

No excuses here... I've just been lost in time.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-03-2010 04:17 AM

Hey, Jeri. :)

Sure have missed you...

DisneyFreak96
Pirate

Post by DisneyFreak96 » 04-03-2010 08:31 AM

I'm out there...actually I'm back. Won't be around as much but do catch Ian and will be posting here in the Radio Room on Saturday nights/Sunday mornings.

Life has taken some unexpected but good turns. I have received my Associates degree in Political Science after switching majors from Computer Science, moved to a nearby town (first time since my birth I've left), gone on many trips to Disneyland (both day and overnight) and survived four fires within fifteen miles of my home, including one that caused a four day evacuation (and I don't even live in a fire zone).

I went back to get my BA but the school was small and the administration (which I dealt with several times a week) was so full of games it was not worth the useless Liberal Studies BA. The courses were all similar to 101 classes in various disciplines. It drove me crazy.

I'm considering going to a college an hour away to complete a BA in Political Science, but currently don't have reliable transportation for the daily trip.

Currently I'm debating whether to go to a California Bar Association school in town or get the BA and work twice as hard to get a good score on my Law School Admissions test and attend courses out of town at an American Bar Associated school. If I go to a CBA school I can never practice out of state. On the other hand, I've never lived out of state!

Also in the last two years I lost two cousins I spent my summers with as a child and a very good friend.

I think I got everything in my catch up. Thanks for reading and missed you all!
Last edited by DisneyFreak96 on 04-03-2010 08:42 AM, edited 1 time in total.
signing off,
DisneyFreak96

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 04-06-2010 10:17 AM

Or think of you and miss you.

Please check in. Please!
--
{{{Live :)}}}
racehorse

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 04-06-2010 10:42 AM

racehorse wrote: Or think of you and miss you.

Please check in. Please!
--
{{{Live :)}}}
What Race said :)

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 04-06-2010 01:28 PM

Race and Linda, one reason I’m able to be on the Ship right now is that I recently learned my car loan was paid off two months ago, but the credit union is still taking the payments out of my paycheck. I get paid 2x a month, so this isn’t an insignificant amount of money. I’m on hold, because so far they can’t figure out to make the computer stop doing it. This is the week I’ve been having, on top of taxes. Remember when the world used to be simple?

Also – and I know you two can appreciate this – Saturday was the one year anniversary of legalization of gay marriage in Iowa, and there was a bunch of stuff surrounding that. We have a unique situation here in that the two states – Nebraska and Iowa – are connected by a “pedestrian bridge” over the river, so a group from IA and a group from NE were able to meet in the middle of the bridge over the state line and have a rally to support the Iowa ruling and peacefully protest continued discrimination in NE. It was quite possibly one of the kewlest things I’ve been able to do in my life so far. Below is some local coverage if yer interested!

http://www.ketv.com/news/23045521/detail.html

Other than that, posting malaise as the general doldrums of the world continue. I’m starting to wonder if the times are gonna get interesting soon again, though. Like everyone, I check in to the Ship four to five times a day!!

Love you Guys……….
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 04-06-2010 02:40 PM

Hey, Live, that is very kewl about the human bridge!:)

I paid off a vehicle last month and (so far) they haven't taken what would be this month's payment,,,crossed fingers. Did the creditor send you a last payment statement? FMC sent me a last "bill" stating that March 2010 was my last payment, wouldn't I like a new, yadda yadda. When they took their money I documented it on the statement so if they try to take it again I have verification and will hotfoot it to the bank.;)

Almost all my bill are on auto payment and I cannot remember a creditor whether it be the Public Utility or a credit card that you cannot go to their website, sign in and shut off auto payments! :(
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 04-06-2010 04:19 PM

PW, see if this applies to yer situation and helps: I got my loan through a credit union where I had an account, so when the loan was paid, the automatic-deduct computer still took out the payment, but the loan-computer wouldn't accept the money, so automatic-deduct computer put it into my savings account at this credit union. So, even though I was on hold 30 mintues to find this out, the $$ had not disappeared, as I'd feared. I realize now it was my responsiblity to get this handled, but I've had the opposite experience of you!! Whenever something gets paid, the computers know to stop taking the $$. 'Course, I never paid off a loan this big before.

Also, I guess you have to call them to get the title to the car sent to you! But I'm sure you knew that (I didn't!).
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 04-06-2010 06:49 PM

My loan was through Ford Motor Credit...my sweet truck.:D
As soon as I took the papers home after buying the truck, I set up the automatic deductions on the FMC website and Wells Fargo just honored them. I've done that with all my bills except for a few locals that I either pay in person (the gal at the garbage collection company is my bud and I go in just to yak with her) or write a check.

Good thing your CU didn't pay themselves what they weren't entitled to. And that it's safely in your savings.
:D

And yeah, when I bought a car through my CU several years ago, I had to apply for the title. FMC is so huge they just let WA State know the thing is paid off and the State will mail me the title. Be sure and let your insurance know too. You no longer are required to carry comprehensive (replacement $$) unless you want to...could save you some bucks.;)
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 04-06-2010 07:17 PM

Live365 wrote: It was quite possibly one of the kewlest things I’ve been able to do in my life so far.

:)
Live365 wrote: So, even though I was on hold 30 mintues to find this out, the $$ had not disappeared, as I'd feared.

:D :)
racehorse

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”