Fantasy Vacation

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 04-28-2013 11:55 AM

Fan wrote: I spent 5 days in Nairobi, the murder capitol of the world. We drove by the public beach and the driver explained that the guillotine and gallows right there on the beach was only to remind people that they used to dehead criminals.

That's Detroit on any given week-end.:D

Have you looked into Zihuatanejo, Mexico?
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-28-2013 11:57 AM

megman wrote: That's Detroit on any given week-end.:D

Have you looked into Zihuatanejo, Mexico?

Mexico is definitely on the possible list... I assume winter is a better time to go down to these areas?
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 04-28-2013 12:13 PM

Fan wrote: Mexico is definitely on the possible list... I assume winter is a better time to go down to these areas?

It depends on the area. If your doing the coastal areas it's best to avoid them during big holidays like Cinco de Mayo or Semana Santa as everyone from the interior is hitting coastal villages.

Mexico City is the place to be during Semana Santa as so many people leave, the traffic is 1/4 and you can actually see a snow covered mountain 100 miles away as the smog lifts. The city sits in a bowl at 6600'.
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-01-2013 11:42 PM

I would love to explore ruins like Teotihuacan or Palenque, but it seems that it is quite hard to get to them, ie it is hard to find a decent room near them.

I am very into ancient sites, this is a big draw for me.

I also geocache, so a place that forbids GPS like Jamaica becomes less attractive.

Europe seems attractive to me. I was born in Spain but have never returned, never seen where i was born. Is this important? It feels like I won't know until I get there. But, since I feel like I want to get there in order to know I assume it is important.

I also have high-level embassy contacts in Greece, but now seems like a really bad time to go there.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-02-2013 12:06 AM

Gee Whiz, here is my un-asked-for 2 cents. Fan, you have to go to Spain! I have a friend that went to Spain and she found it wonderful. I also think she spent a day on Gibraltar. :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-02-2013 12:11 AM

I was born on the shore facing Ibiza, a very famous party spot. It is a beautiful place, and very well could be the fantasy vacation.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 11-13-2013 01:53 AM

It is still tipping towards greece. England and France quickly too.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-28-2014 11:29 PM

Fan, I know you went on vacation, did you get to go where you wanted to go? Are you willing to share? Not mandatory by any means. :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 01-28-2014 11:53 PM

I hope ya had a good tyme Fan :)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-29-2014 09:44 AM

I went nowhere yet :( I am just super busy these days with work. We are going this August most likely.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 01-31-2014 01:22 AM

Monaco GP Week.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 01-31-2014 01:32 AM

Fan wrote: I went nowhere yet :( I am just super busy these days with work. We are going this August most likely.
OOOPS I am sorry buddy :(

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-31-2014 12:16 PM

My wife and I went on a cruise in the Mediterranean a while back. Started in Barcelona, went to Majorca, Nice/ Arles/ Monte Carlo then Florence/ Pisa, on to Rome, then Naples/ Amlafi Coast, then on to Sicily ending in Venice. If you don't mind cruises, and not haviong to continuosly pack/ unpack, then this is a very good trip. They have variations on this sorta trip - some go to the England/ Scotland/ Denmark route, some Denmark to Russia......

We're looking at one of the river cruises. A coworker just returned from one. They flew into Paris, caught a flight to Nuremberg, boarded the boast there and went to a string of inland cities. They timed the trip to coincide with the various Christmas festivals that occur throughout the area - moving from Nuremberg on to Budapest ending in Vienna. There are options here as well, in France and up into Holland. You get to see the noncoastal cities this way, and are not constantly packing/ unpacking.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-31-2014 07:26 PM

Any nude beach. Except one that allows 50 and over.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-31-2014 07:53 PM

kbot wrote: My wife and I went on a cruise in the Mediterranean a while back. Started in Barcelona, went to Majorca, Nice/ Arles/ Monte Carlo then Florence/ Pisa, on to Rome, then Naples/ Amlafi Coast, then on to Sicily ending in Venice. If you don't mind cruises, and not haviong to continuosly pack/ unpack, then this is a very good trip. They have variations on this sorta trip - some go to the England/ Scotland/ Denmark route, some Denmark to Russia......

We're looking at one of the river cruises. A coworker just returned from one. They flew into Paris, caught a flight to Nuremberg, boarded the boast there and went to a string of inland cities. They timed the trip to coincide with the various Christmas festivals that occur throughout the area - moving from Nuremberg on to Budapest ending in Vienna. There are options here as well, in France and up into Holland. You get to see the noncoastal cities this way, and are not constantly packing/ unpacking.......

I've seen the ads on TV for the river cruises and this really appeals to me.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”