Fantasy Vacation

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-01-2014 02:52 PM

So with cruise ships in the news... how may of you are ready to go on a cruise?
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-01-2014 05:25 PM

How about a Riverboat Cruise? On the Columbia and Snake Rivers, 7 days. Now I know those who do this really love it.

I also think that they offer cruises on other rivers.

Queen of the Westhttp://www.americancruiselines.com/small-river ... f-the-West
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-01-2014 07:40 PM

The vacation I would like to take is "The Canadian", a train which I could board in Toronto and take all the way out to British Columbia. Expensive as hell, but everyone I know who has done it has said it met up to their expectations and then some!
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 02-01-2014 08:13 PM

voguy wrote: Any nude beach. Except one that allows 50 and over.

Any one except for the ones that would have us.:cool:
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 02-03-2014 04:22 PM

voguy wrote: The vacation I would like to take is "The Canadian", a train which I could board in Toronto and take all the way out to British Columbia. Expensive as hell, but everyone I know who has done it has said it met up to their expectations and then some!

Done it, and been to BC 4 times. Drove it too. One of the best trips anyone can do in my opinion. Make sure to keep at minimum a week to see BC (and really you need a month).

One of my buddies was a porter on that train for many years.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-03-2014 04:58 PM

VOguy [/i] [B]Any nude beach. Except one that allows 50 and over. [/quote] [quote][i]Originally posted by BenSlain wrote: Any one except for the ones that would have us.:cool:

Yeah, I guess that would stifle the fun. I admit, I'm a letch. I could spend a whole day watching pretty things running around while sipping on some wine. Life would be good.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-03-2014 05:07 PM

Fan wrote: Done it, and been to BC 4 times. Drove it too. One of the best trips anyone can do in my opinion. Make sure to keep at minimum a week to see BC (and really you need a month).

I've seen home video, and there is one video called "The Canadian" which I think was shot in 1999 by what was the Canadian Learning Channel. It's pretty good. Reminds me, I need to find another Canadian address so I can get a new sat box. I enjoy your sat service better than the choices on DirecTV or DishNetwork.

I think we could probably drive up to the Soo and then east to Sudbury Jct and pick it up there. I have friends in Prince Rupert, and I'm not sure about the trip from Jasper to Prince Rupert and if it's decent passage. Full service for a couple seniors is $4,954.00 round trip with a cabin. I think I would make a go of it.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 02-03-2014 05:29 PM

voguy wrote: I've seen home video, and there is one video called "The Canadian" which I think was shot in 1999 by what was the Canadian Learning Channel. It's pretty good. Reminds me, I need to find another Canadian address so I can get a new sat box. I enjoy your sat service better than the choices on DirecTV or DishNetwork.

I think we could probably drive up to the Soo and then east to Sudbury Jct and pick it up there. I have friends in Prince Rupert, and I'm not sure about the trip from Jasper to Prince Rupert and if it's decent passage. Full service for a couple seniors is ,954.00 round trip with a cabin. I think I would make a go of it.

Be cheaper to go from Winnipeg to Vancouver and you don't miss much... http://www.railtraveltours.com/content/ ... -vancouver

edit: those prices are for some other package, but the general info is the same.

If you go one way and fly out of Vancouver it would be cheaper too.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-03-2014 05:34 PM

voguy wrote: Any nude beach. Except one that allows 50 and over.
Oooohhh..... went to one of those once. Wasn't pretty...... :eek:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-03-2014 05:35 PM

Raggedyann wrote: I've seen the ads on TV for the river cruises and this really appeals to me.

Yeah, you get to see a lot of the non-coastal areas without the bus travel
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 02-03-2014 05:36 PM

One of the best nude beaches in the world is in Vancouver, lots of very pretty people. Very relaxed, party atmosphere. It is basically on the UBC campus.

http://www.wreckbeach.org/

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-03-2014 05:37 PM

voguy wrote: The vacation I would like to take is "The Canadian", a train which I could board in Toronto and take all the way out to British Columbia. Expensive as hell, but everyone I know who has done it has said it met up to their expectations and then some!

Love the train rides!!!!! Been on a few short trips in Connecticut, Cape Cod and New Hampshire. There are a few good books out there on railroads - the two I have are related to the railroads in southern New England and Northern New England - that also includes some information on the Canadian lines. They're mostly historical, but are great for planning trips.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-03-2014 05:40 PM

Fan wrote: Done it, and been to BC 4 times. Drove it too. One of the best trips anyone can do in my opinion. Make sure to keep at minimum a week to see BC (and really you need a month).

Had some friends that decided (a long while back now) to just chuck it all in- retire early and took a mobile home on a trip from SE Mass, through upstate New York, into Canada, over the Great Lakes heading west, down along the west coast through California, then headed back along the southern route. They had a blast........

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 02-03-2014 09:54 PM

Fan wrote: One of the best nude beaches in the world is in Vancouver, lots of very pretty people. Very relaxed, party atmosphere. It is basically on the UBC campus.

http://www.wreckbeach.org/

UBC, totem pole and down the hill.......
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-04-2014 06:05 PM

Long video, and commercially produced, but if you like trains....

and from the past....

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”