Yeah, move on.
72%
No, we can keep sailing.
28%

Total votes: 18

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-15-2015 02:55 AM

Fan wrote: My server had an account on it this week that was being attacked and misbehaving, which could well have affected the performance of the database.
Yah, I can see that. An out of phase electronic entity slipping through a cybernetic crack from a neighboring dimensional disruption? Sounds like something someone could write a Sci-Fi story about.
Fan wrote: I can 100% guarantee that if we did an upgrade you would be finding bugs like that every day until we ironed them out. Not making an argument against it, I just know from long experience that any large upgrade means major instability while the new software gets broken in and we slowly fix all the broken crap.
I'm OK the way it is. Odd occurances can and do happen. And when they're explicable, all the better. As you say bugs are always there... as any arise if not persistently annoying or a bother, who cares?

There's something to be said with visitations from phantoms few and far between, why invite more eh!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 01-22-2015 06:06 AM

Riddick wrote: So, is an upgrade gonna happen[/B]?
The site IS FINE where she has been..... Why does everything have to become bloated crap with heavy graphics,etc.........

I hope not..... The site is fine.......

I love this site probably more than most any other site for many reasons..... DONT MESS WITH WHATS WORKING!!

Please.......Danke :)

I think in large,this site is fine.

It loads fast. The software just works. Its not overloaded with bells and whistles.

Perhaps it can use some updates to the code,perhaps some new themes can be created to make it look better for those who like that,some tweaks here and there but in large: this website is fine. I dont need OR WANT a flashy website to discuss things. (This site is a haven to get away from the trash of today)
Last edited by Dude111 on 01-23-2015 10:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”