A Hearty "HI-HO" Welcome Mat Greeting To New Membe

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

A Hearty "HI-HO" Welcome Mat Greeting To New Membe

Post by Riddick » 03-27-2014 01:46 AM

Would you believe the sentiments in the subject line are certainly something I'd like to express now or at anytime?

So much it's fact over time any forum is bound to experience a degree of attrition I'd happy to say we've not seen anything all too extraordinary in that regard recently, aside from the Clique and assorted others forever swearing off the place and moving to The Deuce - now nearly 3 years later having all the appearances of a ghost ship, if not for the three that still post regularly... As it is I tend to post there only occasionally yet interestingly enough? I'm in striking distance of 8th most frequent all-time FF2 poster, moving well ahead of some who were heavy hitters here!

I'm also glad to see in the time since that schism the original FF has maintained a more or less regular contingent of a size sufficient to keep the ship here from being 3 members away from being a seafaring phantom. Still, all said I'd be ecstatic if we saw any number of inactive pirates return on a regular basis along with non-members who see the mostly laid-back and respectful atmosphere here, seriously want in on it, and enlist for an open-ended tour of duty.

Anahoo, to HB3 and Dale and any other pirates who've been away for some while and are reading this, as well as any prospective new members? If and when you're up a heapin' helpin' of FF hospitality, please do join in. (Btw I'm extending this open invitation on my own initiative. Hope nobody has any ARRGHguments with that knowhutImean!)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-27-2014 08:18 AM

:D

Did you say "Rom"?
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-27-2014 08:49 AM

As I have said many time, all former pirates are welcome, as well as any new ones. Our decks are not closed to anyone.

People move on, drift off, mutiny, etc... but I hope they know that the ship still sails, always. You can always come home.

Things will pick up I am sure, there are often doldrums where the sails go slack, but then the winds of change pick up again and blow us off to the next adventure.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-27-2014 04:28 PM

kbot wrote: :D

Did you say "Rom"?
I'd not thought to include the ever-bombastic Romster in with my off-the-top mention of HB3 and Dale, but even so, I'll say right now for my part my invite here was and still is intended to be in NO way exclusionary...

That said? So much as a generally respectful laid-back environment isn't for everyone, I can understand if any agitated folk feel reluctant to dive right in under all that pressure.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-27-2014 04:30 PM

Fan wrote: As I have said many time, all former pirates are welcome, as well as any new ones. Our decks are not closed to anyone.

People move on, drift off, mutiny, etc... but I hope they know that the ship still sails, always. You can always come home.

Things will pick up I am sure, there are often doldrums where the sails go slack, but then the winds of change pick up again and blow us off to the next adventure.
All very true, Fan! Still, I was thinking a welcome mat thread of sorts might serve as a quick visible reminder to absent friends and prospective pirates there's plenty opportunities for engaging conversation and great gobs of camaraderie all yet to be had here. Like they say, "It Never Hurts To Advertise" -

Fun! Adventure! All That And More At The One And Only Original FF! Accept No Substitutes.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-27-2014 04:55 PM

A hearty grog awaits ye at the FF!

:pirateboa

(thread stickied)
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 03-27-2014 05:07 PM

yarrrrrrr!
Image Image
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

LeslieV
Pirate

Post by LeslieV » 03-28-2014 05:45 PM

SquidInk wrote: yarrrrrrr!
Image Image

Been out working in the garden so a large GROG is what is needed right now. :)

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 03-29-2014 02:01 PM

As a seaperson just above recruit, I would also like to welcome newcomers. I sure would like to pass on this thread bare deck mop!

fos

Rintarou
Pirate

Post by Rintarou » 03-29-2014 04:14 PM

I'm a newcomer and I want to be welcomed!

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-29-2014 05:05 PM

Rintarou wrote: I'm a newcomer and I want to be welcomed!

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 03-29-2014 05:26 PM

Welcome aboard Rintarou! Free grog and rum in the Galley to celebrate our new crew member.

:grog:
:pirateboa

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-29-2014 07:21 PM

Welcome Rintarou! :wave:
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-30-2014 01:14 AM

Hey Now Ri! Seein' I was late to acknowledge your arrival in the First Time Posters thread, I feel obliged to repeat myself here, so here's another hale and hearty "Welcome to the FF" from Yours Truly!

Btw, as I said in the other thread I didn't know what the galley grub situation was like when I posted just then. As it is I've had no time since to do any baking myself, dessert or elsewise - yet why fret about food prep when hot and tasty pie from the oven is only a quick call and delivery away eh...? In other words NEVER FEAR, Domino's is here!

Dig in to your heart's content FFolks - There's always more where that came from :D

Rintarou
Pirate

Post by Rintarou » 03-30-2014 06:04 AM

Thanks! :P Well, now I'm hungry... I'll eat some pizza haha
If you always welcome newcomers like this, I'm gonna be here often huh!

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”