No Discussion on Mar 11-12?

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

frater_grandis
Pirate

No Discussion on Mar 11-12?

Post by frater_grandis » 03-16-2004 10:17 AM

I thought that was a great show, was going to check out the discussion from that night but dont see one.

Nobody listened?

frater_grandis

civilian
Pirate

The show was off the hook!

Post by civilian » 03-16-2004 11:46 AM

Must of been a potential of over 5,000 views, the biggest night of the Forum, that night Coast was receiving over 14 million hits an hour, Alex got over 5 miilion hits!
It was censored for some reason.
We are still scratching our heads.
Glad I recorded the whole night to DVD, including this website and all the posts!
Collectors item for sure now!:D

jeri sexton
Pirate

Re: The show was off the hook!

Post by jeri sexton » 03-16-2004 11:58 AM

civilian wrote: Must of been a potential of over 5,000 views, the biggest night of the Forum, that night Coast was receiving over 14 million hits an hour, Alex got over 5 miilion hits!
It was censored for some reason.
We are still scratching our heads.
Glad I recorded the whole night to DVD, including this website and all the posts!
Collectors item for sure now!:D

Civilian" :D
You have just become the historian, and Secreatry of State on this matter...

As far as i can remember this has never happened before.
I for one, being that it was a red letter night, a night that reflected many events...
Aleast would like to hear from Spike Mike, WHY?
Why?
Does it hurt to question or ask?... and can we take a vote on it...

Spike Mike' .. Why?
What is the reason you took down the whole thread?

...and can Civilian repost it? If some posts were on the verge of liable can they be deleted?
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

Post by Guest » 03-16-2004 02:54 PM

If you notice immediately after that night where the thread was closed and then deleted, YC has never returned - is that a co-incidence? There were numerous personal attacks against Hoagland in that tread, I'd say that was the reason. Compare to last night's ORR with Hoagland - the attackers were gone and everything was nice and calm, the ORR is back to normal now thank goodness!

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 03-16-2004 03:46 PM

Yes. Thank goodness. No one questioning the status quo, no screeching voices of dissent. Everything as it should be.

Everythings fine. Just fine.

Seen the Stepford Wives lately, Bad Boy?

alphacentaura
Pirate

Re: Re: The show was off the hook!

Post by alphacentaura » 03-16-2004 04:08 PM

jeri sexton wrote: Civilian" :D
You have just become the historian, and Secreatry of State on this matter...

As far as i can remember this has never happened before.
I for one, being that it was a red letter night, a night that reflected many events...
Aleast would like to hear from Spike Mike, WHY?
Why?
Does it hurt to question or ask?... and can we take a vote on it...

Spike Mike' .. Why?
What is the reason you took down the whole thread?

...and can Civilian repost it? If some posts were on the verge of liable can they be deleted?
Jeri.....am totally with you.

Guess, I could say that since I rarely participate in the ORR, that likely I should have nothing to say.....yes, likely that's true.

Yet, we are the Pirates of the night....are we not? Debate, digression, out right hostility on some occasions, should be expected as par for the course....one could think.....freedom of speech and expression IMHO, always under both a Pirate and personal flag, provided it does not effect and infringe on the owners of this ship, relative to lible and legal issues. We are emotional and intense people here....what else would we expect?

This show in particular with Alex Jones was both a historical and informational, as well as a political and informational coup and change for Coast. To have the FF dialogue deleted, supressed or manipulated in any way, IMM counters everything and anything I ever thought this forum stood for. ( with exception of course, to the/any above mentions issues).

Yes, BB.....it is extremely interesting how YC has slid off the sideboards....bow, stern....heck, I don't know anything about ships... on this ship....specifically when RCH was on last night, facing adversity....you'd think he'd be in the face and gloating with glee.

His absence to me represents a number of possibilities: either he was planked privately....which is none of our business and o.k., because I always felt personally that he was a debunker of the ENTIRE genre, not just RCH and his/her motive was just one of upheaval and turmoil in a knowledgeable, intelligent and psychological vein, or he left feeling very satisfied and gratiated for the havoc, deliniation and reaction he seemed to have cause here.....a total debunker of everything...an yeah, I've reread most of all his/her posts and that's what I think.

Regardless, the Pirates that participated in this historical first appearance of Alex Jones on Coast, in the comments and reaction, should be heard/read as recorded....IMO, excluding whatever could hurt the longevity, and existance of FF.

If not, as Jer states....then why?

Humbly with my BIG opinion, which is just that.....

alphacentaura
Pirate

Post by alphacentaura » 03-16-2004 04:29 PM

Dixie Butcher wrote: Yes. Thank goodness. No one questioning the status quo, no screeching voices of dissent. Everything as it should be.

Seen the Stepford Wives lately, Bad Boy?

Hmmmm, yup is it, or it isn't.....selective acceptance or reasoning, on or off topic.....selective, subjective or objective.....topic, person, reason motive.....fun or serious.....compassion, passion, interest, power....favoritism, closed eyeism, annoyancism, interestism, rejectionism.....powerism, acceptancism.... spin it all around....Stepfordian...hope not.....human conditionism....maybe, sub societyism....hmmm....all the same isms on a different scale....yup looks quite likely.

Compassionims, allowancisms, freedoms of expresson and thought isms, emotionalisms, wander of mindisms, passionisms.....hmmmm.....

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-17-2004 01:27 AM

Have not wanted to weigh in on this, but will. Actually do not like being taken to task on each and every miniscule issue and/or decision made by moderators/board owners.

Spike Mike did not remove the ORR thread. That was a decision by FF owners. The thread was saved to PDF and deleted. Reason: defamation of a public figure. 'Defamation is that which tends to injure reputation; to diminish the esteem, respect, goodwill or confidence in which the [party] is held, or to excite adverse, derogatroy or unpleasant feelings or opinions against [the party]'. Blacks Law Dictionary. Now, look up torts. Also read rules of posting and/or FF mission statement [main website page]. Defamation is different from discussion of issues and ideas. If you don't know the difference - you shouldn't be posting on public forums.

There is a difference between conflict of opinion/discussion - and confrontation. There is a difference between needling and heckling - and flowing, friendly discussion and disagreement.

There is a difference in having a fun and open forum - where posters enjoy the interaction - and in having a miserable situation and an ambience of 'gotcha' and posters walking around on egg shells. Some people enjoy parsing and bitch sessions. Others want to get on with it and not be overly concerned with 'rules and guidelines'. Pirates onboard the 'ship' used to synchronize more and exhibit more common sense and goodwill. Bend a little, give way a little - in a spirit of community and comraderie. Sacrifice the small stuff for the greater good.

The Fantastic Forum is moving up on a fourth anniversary. Will it survive? Should it survive? A forum is what the posters make of it. You decide. What is important to you. The original group that gathered here were creatures of the night. Avid listeners of the Art Bell show. People interested in talk radio and things that go 'pahrump' in the night. It was also a group of night riders who were set adrift and found a home here - a place to gather together around these common interests. As we move away from that bond and those common interests - we are weakened and without direction.

We will be here as long as you want to be here - in the spirit of the creatures of the night, the riders of the night - in the 'Bellian' meaning of those terms. Why else would we be here? Everything else on this forum, flows from this common core - should flow from this common core.

*note - we are in the processing of determining the value to this forum community - of PMs [private messaging system]. We are leaning toward suspending this feature. Will be posting a discussion on this in the FF Community thread.

*further note - this thread will be moved shortly, to the FF Community thread.
Last edited by Linnea on 03-17-2004 01:34 AM, edited 1 time in total.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 03-17-2004 01:39 AM

Dixie Butcher wrote: Yes. Thank goodness. No one questioning the status quo, no screeching voices of dissent. Everything as it should be.

Laughin' me arse off at my sister-in-sarcasm!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-17-2004 01:47 AM

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-17-2004 01:54 AM

Let's try this again. Wrong picture. Cindy - oh hell yes! Screeching voices of dissent is what it's all about.

'Friendly - and sarcastic' screeching voices of dissent ;-> ;)

I like this one - :D

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 03-17-2004 02:15 AM

Well, that's all that was asked.. Thanks for the answer.
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-17-2004 03:26 AM

Hey, jeri. Just blowing the ballast :rolleyes: No big deal.

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”