Is the BP Oil Spill going to Cost the Repubs November?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-08-2010 03:29 PM

Live - indeed - heard so many "stories" and/or "rumors" with what caused the leak - let alone the explosion and fire. I totally agree - get it fixed. Get enough people for cleanup and get to work on cleaning and keeping it cleaned --- especially what has leaked out of the pipe and hit shores and sanctuaries.

The only thing i would say that Obama could have done - should have done - minute they knew there was a leak at gulf bed area - get on tv and ASK for help. YES say BP was working on trying to stop the leak - but all help would be appreciated -- and numbers to call -- and ask the WORLD not just USA people.

lazarus long
Pirate

Post by lazarus long » 06-09-2010 03:09 AM

ck i don't want to sound disrespectful or caustic, but that's terribly simplistic of you. who would such a message be aimed at? the masses who don't really know that much about oil, either its acquisition or its properties? what good would that do? and who exactly would be sitting at these phone banks, listening to joe sixpack tell of how he once cleaned an oil spill by urinating on it? would these be experts in the field? they would almost have to be to know who was crazy and who was on to something. and if they were experts, wouldn't their time be better spent brain-storming with other experts?

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 06-10-2010 07:37 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/10281079.stm

Just this morning I read that BP's stocks are tanking on Wall Street amid penalty fears, as worries mount that other British interests may be threatened as a result...

To what else is BP connected? And are the American people being set up for another "too big to fail" scenario? Will the American people even give a damn about the situation?
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-10-2010 09:17 AM

laz - you made me chuckle as you got pretty far out in some guy pissing on stuff. Did make me laugh a lot.

When disasters happen, leaders do ask for help...especially when they lack personal knowledge. Asking for help from experts in major oil leaks doesn't mean just experts in fixing the busted pipe. Oil cleanup of water, shorelines - etc was also needed. (still is)

lazarus long
Pirate

Post by lazarus long » 06-11-2010 05:38 PM

ck, after reading your response and your original post, i must apologize for missing your point. please excuse me.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”