Deported man may be Houston-born citizen

Moderator: Super Moderators

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 06-25-2010 02:39 PM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/fac ... 77166.html

Immigration officials are reviewing whether a 19-year-old man deported last week from South Texas is actually a U.S. citizen born in Houston. Luis Alberto Delgado said he and his older brother were stopped last Thursday by a Jim Wells County Sheriff captain, who called the U.S. Border Patrol.

Despite carrying a birth certificate showing he was born at Houston's Ben Taub Hospital, a state of Texas ID card and a Social Security card, Delgado said he was taken into Border Patrol custody, questioned for eight hours and pressured into signing paperwork that cleared the way for his removal to Mexico.

Delgado, who returned to Houston three years ago after spending much of his childhood in Mexico, said immigration officials were suspicious because he spoke very little English. He said they kept saying, "No, these papers aren't yours."

"What they did to me was discrimination," Delgado said in a telephone interview from Reynosa. "I don't understand why they did this."
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-25-2010 07:16 PM

:(

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 06-26-2010 02:17 AM

SEE?? THIS is what happens when States create a climate of distrust of anyone who speaks broken English and has brown skin. The truck driver from California, who was the one stopped and held at a weigh station, the very day the Governor signed the Law (even though it wasn't in affect, yet) has lost his job because now he refuses to drive through Arizona. Another person on the unemployed list - for which now there won't be more unemployment checks - and he's an American-born Citizen.

We need to put the blame for our economical downturn where it belongs... not on the back of people who may or may not be legal citizens. It's OUR faults. WE voted for the idiots who sold us out to the overseas jobs and the large corporations.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 06-26-2010 09:42 AM

Look, if you are poor in the last days of the 'Merikan Empire, you are not only an illegal alien and a terrorist, but you are ugly as well.

As the Empire sinks under the waves, it will still be screaming: "Show me da money!"
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-26-2010 10:00 AM

We will see a lot of anchor babies getting caught up in this situation.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”