Justice Thomas' Wife Asks Anita Hill To Apologize

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

Justice Thomas is a pig !

Post by SETIsLady » 10-20-2010 02:19 AM

There is nothing more disgusting to me than someone that victimizes a person over and over again. Justice Thomas has no business on the bench he is a disgrace. I watched the hearings and he was guilty how dare his wife 20 yrs later victimize Anita Hill again.

Justice Thomas' Wife Asks Anita Hill To Apologize

In a truth-is-stranger-than-fiction twist, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas earlier this month left a voicemail message for Anita Hill, asking Hill to apologize for her 1991 testimony accusing then Supreme Court nominee Thomas of sexual harassment.

Virginia Thomas has confirmed through a spokesman that on Saturday, Oct. 9, she left a voicemail message at Hill's Brandeis University office. News organizations, including <em>The New York Times</em> and ABC, have reported that they heard the recording, which said: "Good Morning, Anita Hill. Its Ginni Thomas. I just wanted to reach across the airwaves and the years and ask you to consider something. I would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my husband. So give it some thought and certainly pray on this and hope that one day you will help us understand why you did what you did. OK, have a good day."

Professor Hill told <em>The New York Times</em> she had nothing to apologize for since she had told the truth in 1991 when she testified that Clarence Thomas had sexually harassed her when she worked for him at two federal agencies.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =130688438

20 Yrs later, these Tea Party people are out of control. Joe Miller and his Gestapo this week and now this.

This is totally inapprioriate for a Supreme Court Justice wife, but typical of the Tea Party movement from what I have seen this week they are lacking brains.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 10-20-2010 02:25 AM, edited 1 time in total.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-20-2010 02:30 AM

Mrs. Thomas has long been active in Republican and conservative politics. But over the last year, she has assumed a more prominent role, founding a group called Liberty Central, which advertises itself as linked to the Tea Party and raising funds from anonymous donors to oppose what Virginia Thomas has called the leftist "tyranny" of the Obama administration and congressional Democrats.
Justice Thomas needs to step down and it should be tomorrow he is NOT an impartial judge.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-20-2010 02:36 AM

His wife just made him impartial with her call. Thomas has spent the last 20 yrs defending something he said he didn't do. Anita Hill has been silent and still refuses to apolgize that speaks volumes.
She can't ask for an apology without suggesting that I did something wrong, and that is offensive."
~ Anita Hill

HB3

Post by HB3 » 10-20-2010 10:23 AM

Sorry, it's too late to destroy Thomas based on trumped up, meaningless charges.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-20-2010 11:39 AM

I watched those hearings and there is no way this woman was lying. Why would a woman, who is as esteemed as Anita Hill is, want to put herself through that grueling process in front of the world unless she was telling the truth? She came across as quite sane to me. Thomas and his wife are pure evil.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-20-2010 12:29 PM

I think many of us watched the hearings. Anita Hill is a class act . For the life of me I don't understand why she called her after all these years. Also, the way this is phrased is odd
would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my husband.

What did she do "with" her husband ? It would make more sense if she said why did you do what you did to my husband.

:confused:

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-20-2010 06:54 PM

Its getting more bizzare, another woman comes forward ....wonder what she is going to put in her book.
But Lillian McEwen, a former Senate Judiciary Committee lawyer who said she dated Clarence Thomas from 1979 through the mid-1980s, told The Washington Post in an interview that Hill's long-ago description of Thomas's behavior resonated with her.

"The Clarence I know was certainly capable not only of doing the things that Anita Hill said he did, but it would be totally consistent with the way he lived his personal life then," said McEwen, who is writing her own memoir but has never before publicly discussed her relationship with Clarence Thomas.

McEwen also told the Post she was not surprised that Virginia Thomas would leave Hill a message, even after all these years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 07062.html

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-20-2010 07:39 PM

Reports that two Supreme Court Justices have attended seminars sponsored by the energy giant and conservative bankroller Koch Industries has sparked a mild debate over judicial ethics.

On Tuesday evening, the New York Times reported that an upcoming meeting in Palm Springs of "a secretive network of Republican donors" that was being organized by Koch Industries, "the longtime underwriter of libertarian causes." Buried in the third to last graph was a note that previous guests at such meetings included Supreme Court Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, two of the more conservative members of the bench.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/2 ... 69843.html

From the New York Times:

To encourage new participants, Mr. Koch offers to waive the $1,500 registration fee. And he notes that previous guests have included Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas of the Supreme Court, Gov. Haley Barbour and Gov. Bobby Jindal, Senators Jim DeMint and Tom Coburn, and Representatives Mike Pence, Tom Price and Paul D. Ryan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/us/po ... =cse&scp=2

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 10-20-2010 08:48 PM

HB3 wrote: Sorry, it's too late to destroy Thomas based on trumped up, meaningless charges.

Sorry, it's too late to try to spam over this thread based on trumped up, meaningless posts.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 10-20-2010 10:31 PM

Thomas makes me SICK. I'm glad that idiot woman's voicemail made it all the way to the FBI. Maybe her disgusting "parnter" will serve her up a can of Coke in between prank phone calls. :p

Anita Hill: one of the bravest women of the twentieth century.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-20-2010 10:40 PM

Anita Hill: one of the bravest women of the twentieth century.

Couldn't agree more HJ.

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 10-21-2010 01:35 AM

How is this not considered harassing? Unless you are calling up drunk, I can't understand any explanation for it.

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 10-21-2010 03:11 AM

Raggedyann wrote: Reports that two Supreme Court Justices have attended seminars sponsored by the energy giant and conservative bankroller Koch Industries has sparked a mild debate over judicial ethics.

On Tuesday evening, the New York Times reported that an upcoming meeting in Palm Springs of "a secretive network of Republican donors" that was being organized by Koch Industries, "the longtime underwriter of libertarian causes." Buried in the third to last graph was a note that previous guests at such meetings included Supreme Court Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, two of the more conservative members of the bench.

From the New York Times:

To encourage new participants, Mr. Koch offers to waive the
Originally posted by Raggedyann
Reports that two Supreme Court Justices have attended seminars sponsored by the energy giant and conservative bankroller Koch Industries has sparked a mild debate over judicial ethics.

From the New York Times:

To encourage new participants, Mr. Koch offers to waive the $1,500 registration fee. And he notes that previous guests have included Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas of the Supreme Court, Gov. Haley Barbour and Gov. Bobby Jindal, Senators Jim DeMint and Tom Coburn, and Representatives Mike Pence, Tom Price and Paul D. Ryan.

,500 registration fee. And he notes that previous guests have included Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas of the Supreme Court, Gov. Haley Barbour and Gov. Bobby Jindal, Senators Jim DeMint and Tom Coburn, and Representatives Mike Pence, Tom Price and Paul D. Ryan.

Justices Thomas and Scalia are arrogantly thumbing their noses at the citizens of this country.

It is their duty to maintain some semblance of independence and impartiality (although many would argue that fell by the wayside on December 12, 2000).

Can you imagine the outrage if Justice Ginsberg, Justice Sotomayor and/or Justice Kagan attended a seminar funded by George Soros and his friends?

(And the antics of Virginia Thomas are disgraceful.)

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 10-21-2010 09:15 PM

Didn't I also read that Glenn Beck & his wife attended the last one?

And yes, Ginnie Thomas should have let sleeping dogs lie... but she's not too bright, or she wouldn't have married Clarence. Now she's stirred up a hornet's nest to detract from their affiliation with the Koch Brothers' seminars.

It doesn't appear to be working as well as she had hoped...
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 10-21-2010 11:23 PM

Bobbi Snow wrote: Didn't I also read that Glenn Beck & his wife attended the last one?

{snip}

Yes, Mr. Glenn "Everyman" Beck (who is an average Joe just like his viewers) attended.

It was held in June at the St. Regis Resort in Aspen.

Beck gave a speech entitled, "Is America on the Road to Serfdom?" :rolleyes:

It's been reported many places.

Here's one article that mentions the meeting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/us/po ... wanted=all

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”