Our "North Korean Allies"

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 11-29-2010 03:55 PM

Cynthia Lynn, I wanted to be clear I wasn't mocking you. I realized after I made my post that you might think that.

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 11-29-2010 05:16 PM

SETIsLady wrote: Cynthia Lynn, I wanted to be clear I wasn't mocking you. I realized after I made my post that you might think that.

No, not at all. I understood.

Some threads just become weird, don't they? :)

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 11-29-2010 05:25 PM

Cynthia Lynn wrote: No, not at all. I understood.

Some threads just become weird, don't they? :)

I know I'm not the most edjumakated individual by far, but when I have to start referencing a dictionary to get the jist of some posts, then ya I have to agree 100%.:D
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 11-29-2010 08:38 PM

Thank you RA. But Noooo Saharaka, if you do that the North Koreans have won! Or something like that. This topic has got me confused :) (and yes that's a joke, I am not calling anybody here a North Korean, of course in case you are but than you are not the crazy leadership kind lol)

CK your comments certainly got my attention, and I respect you and know you don't complain a lot so I definitely looked what did I say that would hit such a nerve with you. I re-read it and for the life of me I don't know where on earth you got that I have a problem with somebody being outdoorsy or even a Conserv women? Heck I don't think I mentioned a single word about her intelligence. With all due respect, what I think you did there was translate Sarah Palin (and her crew) claims reasons of why "Libs don't like her" (don't have an elitist degree, enjoy wildlife, being a parent?) instead of actually what people are writing/saying. Please read my third paragraph of my previous post, where it has anything to do with, hunter or non-hunter or Conserv & Lib. It has to do with her as a person, he actions, her contradiction, the manipulation of any event or anybody for her own personal political gain. That is what I am talking about.

You talk about family, I will tell you right now there are great families everywhere, suburban, rural, urban. Coserv, Lib. I don't think there's any section that holds the "Values" of the nation (something Palin is all too quick to say her side does) And the things you mentioned you do in the outdoors, even though it might not be my cup of tea, I don't think any less of you. But may I also ask? Have you run around and complain about the evils of media (or personalities) focusing on your family but then parade them in front of the cameras to do a reality show just because your ego can't handle not being in the spotlight. If she wanted to make a documentary about herself, or even a reality series fine, but for me don't bring the family in, especially when they can't really decide for themselves if they want to (at least Kate and whatshisface did it because they needed the money) what is Sarah reason?

CK, I am pretty confident in saying, just by reading your stuff here, that you are a better person than her. I am confident that if you did have a special needs family member you would not utilize him/her for your own personal or political gains. You would not take them out like a pawn piece to play when your "opponents" say something like the R-word, you can loudly claim how offended you were and want them fired. But when a powerful person on your side says the same word half a dozen times and you explain it off as "slang or satire" when asked personally about it and do interviews and be friendly with him, that shows exactly what type of woman or family person she is. That incident upgrade her from being just a member of the Political hall of shame (which there are a lot of members in) to having her own wing. Look for me there's a lot of Repubs who I find to have negatives, heck a lot of negatives. But when she did that, it shows she is on this different level than everybody else (yes even other Repub I don't like). This isn't a gender, or a rural or a political thing. It's a person thing. I know most people wouldn't stoop to that, but she has no problem in doing so.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-29-2010 08:44 PM

I believe it was this:
I personally can't find a single redeeming quality of her anywhere, politically, morally, intellectually and personally.
Ie, the total negation of any possible value as a human being, including wife and mother.

Pretty simple.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-29-2010 08:46 PM

Fortunately, you responded with some additional insults focused particularly on her as a wife and mother, so I'm sure that cleared that up.

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 11-29-2010 09:02 PM

Can anyone on this thread please respond to me and explain why they believe Sarah Palin would be a good leader for this country? Specifically what can she do for America? Not a challenge just want to understand what others see in her that I might be over looking.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-29-2010 09:39 PM

Saharaka wrote: Can anyone on this thread please respond to me and explain why they believe Sarah Palin would be a good leader for this country?
[/b]

I don't think anyone here believes that.
Specifically what can she do for America?

Well, like I say, some people see her as a flashpoint. And I can see where they're coming from. And to repeat, some people on the right get really excited about her when they see how much fear and loathing she inspires from the left. They conclude, erroneously of course, that she can therefore do no wrong.

So it's all about her status as a uniter of people against the left more than any specific plan. (I had no idea that some critics have been arguing that she's "divisive," which seems to be a typical, Orwellian inversion of language and reality.) You could even argue that this is more threatening than any specific plan. To some people.

It's all archetypes and symbols. Pretty weird.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 11-30-2010 12:05 AM

HB3 wrote: It's frequently been hypothesized that she's a flashpoint, a standard, representing the "old," "traditional," or "reactionary" America, depending on your point of view.

I think this is correct. What I find frustrating is that she is not representing traditional America. She's rep'ing a new narrative - 30 years in the making, max. The weird part is, I don't think she realizes it - she has jamoked a crapload of people, including herself into believing she has the answers.

She can't possibly believe that.
HB3 wrote: An Obama/Palin 2012 matchup sounds vomitous.

Vomitous. Yeah. Futile.
Last edited by SquidInk on 11-30-2010 12:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-30-2010 12:17 AM

OMG -- it was the "redeeming" qualities that just struck a nerve. Doesn't happen that often - but was just one of those times.

Special needs children have "special needs" - one of which is to be close to a parent more often and exposed to life - ie: treated as a normal child. I would rather see her with her son and hiding him away with some sitter-care taker.
{{on a side note - during college I did work with some special needs children - it was amazing to see their personal growth as individuals who 'came alive' by people simply caring for them, exposing them to life and going things together....over the two yrs one of the downs children - little girl who had not spoken, often hid - just came alive in beautiful ways.}}

===
Now I do not know if I could see her as president, but I have a feeling she would be very outspoken and unique in House or even the Senate. Just a feeling, but then I've met her and not in a political situation. I know several others who have met her - away from any stage or 'soap box' speech and were also quite impressed with her humanity.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-30-2010 12:55 AM

Cherry Kelly wrote: {{on a side note - during college I did work with some special needs children - it was amazing to see their personal growth as individuals who 'came alive' by people simply caring for them, exposing them to life and going things together....over the two yrs one of the downs children - little girl who had not spoken, often hid - just came alive in beautiful ways.}}

I agree that special needs kids should have the same exposure to people and life as non special needs kids. But I don't think it would have hurt this little guy to have had his sister or another family member take of him when she was on stage stumping hundreds of times. All of the kids were over exploited. Too phony!

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 11-30-2010 03:09 AM

Raggedyann wrote: I agree that special needs kids should have the same exposure to people and life as non special needs kids. But I don't think it would have hurt this little guy to have had his sister or another family member take of him when she was on stage stumping hundreds of times. All of the kids were over exploited. Too phony!

Well, I have to say I was disappointed that she ditched her special needs child while taking her other children on outings in Alaska via her television program. The only time Tripp was shown was at home or being left with grandparents but not allowed to attend the same outings with the rest of the family. With the proper supervision there is no reason he could not have gone with the family as far as I am concerned. I am suggesting "supervision" because some of the activities, boating, shooting, fishing etc can be hazardous but again, he should have been able to go. But then Sarah would have actually had to caretake him instead of grandstanding. And yes, I do believe she exploits her children.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 11-30-2010 11:12 AM

So now a Republican is commenting on her, and this is not Joe's first time.

Joe Scarborough tells GOP to man up and confront Sarah Palin
Republicans have a problem. The most-talked-about figure in the GOP is a reality show star who cannot be elected. And yet the same leaders who fret that Sarah Palin could devastate their party in 2012 are too scared to say in public what they all complain about in private.

Enough. It’s time for the GOP to man up.

Everybody knows that Palin is a busy woman. The former half-term governor of Alaska stays so busy these days that one wonders how this mother of five manages to juggle her new reality show, follow her eldest daughter’s dancing career and launch her latest frenetic book tour while still finding the time to insult a slew of revered presidents and first ladies.

You’ve got to admit hers is a breathtaking high-wire act.

Rest of the article at link.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45687.html

BTW, did anyone read the tweet that she put out about Wikileaks, before she took it down. The one that made her look like she is clueless again. What a small little world she lives in.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 11-30-2010 11:32 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-30-2010 11:55 AM

Raggedy Ann - yes she could have had a sibling take him and she did on many occasions. But there is one other little thing about young children - no matter if they are special needs or not - they want mama and only mama. I do believe any parent can relate to those times.

====
Saharaka - some of the previews do show Tripp with the family on outings.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-30-2010 11:57 AM

Seti - Joe Scarborough might be a GOP - but I don't like him. Perhaps he should use his time for other pursuits.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”