What Boehner REALLY thinks!

Moderator: Super Moderators

IronsGold
Pirate

What Boehner REALLY thinks!

Post by IronsGold » 04-04-2011 06:53 PM

Speaker of the House John Boehner claims that the “poor and lazy” caused the current economic crisis during an interview Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone. Boehner stuck to Republican Party talking points during the interview until Taibbi during a coffee break asked Boehner about today's young people. Apparently unaware he was still on record, Boehner, let Taibbi know how he really felt about poor Americans:

"Can't pay your student loan? Face it your parents were lazy and you couldn't afford college. The world needs ditch diggers and you were born into a family of them. Can't pay your mortgage? Your house was too expensive and you couldn't afford it."It's not going to happen in the US. The kids here are too fat, too lazy, to addicted to TV, fast food, cheap credit, and facebook.” I have news for you- there are plenty of jobs out there- the unemployed don't want them. Today's college student feels entitled to make at least $24 right after college. I'm not worried for this country- there are a few of them who actually want to work, take Mark Zucker(sic). You don't build a site like facebook out of thin air- it takes talent and hard work. I went to a community college and all I saw were people sitting in front of computers typing away, their eyes were fixed. Probably just facebooking away."

http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz- ... -s-beliefs

I don't know what to say...
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 04-04-2011 07:14 PM

With the recent actions of the GOP I absolutely believe this is how they feel.

I know plenty of people that could afford their homes and it wasn't until economy crashed did they start having problems. This was Wall Streets financial terrorism that caused this melt down. Not ONE person in jail, his comments are sickening ! The only people suffering are the victims and it certainly isn't anyone on Wall Street.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 04-04-2011 07:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.

IronsGold
Pirate

Post by IronsGold » 04-04-2011 07:45 PM

Note:This story originated on Rumorville.com and regardless of whether or not it's true, it's safe to say it's not a stretch from how the Republican's view the poor and middle class.

Which is why I don't know what to say.

Personally, I believe every word.
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 04-04-2011 07:51 PM

I knew where it came from however, but the proofs in the pudding and we have plenty of it, huh IG.

I also read elsewhere that Matt Taibbi, was asked about it will give a full account in the Rollingstone. We will see, I guess

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 04-04-2011 08:30 PM

Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-04-2011 09:20 PM

I'll take this one with a grain of salt until it is vetted. Seems doubtful to me that Boehner would hold these positions or opinions, especially as he himself comes from a large working class/middle class family background. As a career politician - it would be political suicide to air opinions as these - and especially to Matt Taibbi.

imo

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 04-04-2011 09:48 PM

I guess we have to wait until June for the article. Somehow I have a feeling this will be in full news cycle by tomorrow though.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-04-2011 10:43 PM

Another thing Linda, I just noticed - is the comment about Facebook/facebooking and Mark Zucker(?) Sounds a bit tech oriented for Boehner. I know the movie is out there, but I kinda doubt Boehner went to see it. heh

Well, we'll see what's up...

;)

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 04-05-2011 01:45 AM

One thing is certain about the "Crier..." He cries for a reason. Is it alcoholism? Is it because he was abused as a child? Or is it because he knows he's risen to his status on the backs of good people who deserved better than what he's done to them, to get where he is?

He can't control the Tea Party any better than President Obama can negotiate with the present GOP.

This country is split three ways, now, and I'm not sure - short of another, bloody Civil War - it will be unified in my lifetime.

Thank you, Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann... you've done more to dismantle this fine country in 3 years, than anyone else has been able to do in a century. I hope you are proud of your stupidity and your arrogance, and that you personally reap what you have so intentionally sown.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”