Mitchele Bachman And Vets

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shazam
Pirate

Mitchele Bachman And Vets

Post by Shazam » 06-29-2011 03:40 PM

I Have voted conservative all my life Michele but I will not vote I will stay at home if you are the GOP Nominee.....why you ask? I am a Disabled Veteran and I just read that you introduced a bill that would cut my benefits I recognize we need to get our nations Physical house in order but in no way shape or form do we need to do it on the back of those who VOLUNTEERED to serve or nation we are NOT welfare cases we EARNED this supporting the TROOPS mean supporting ALL troops not just those that are still able bodied enough to fight America`s wars....

joan roberts
Pirate

Post by joan roberts » 06-29-2011 05:33 PM

Why doesnt she cut her own salary and benefits and those

others she is associated with, what does moulder say...

"trust no on:)

HB3

Post by HB3 » 06-29-2011 07:03 PM

She won't be the nominee. It'll probably be Romney. He should name her as his VP after the dust settles. He's kinda lame, though, so he probably won't.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/16 ... -hampshire

Shazam
Pirate

Post by Shazam » 06-29-2011 07:46 PM

Well HB3....After finding this out I am not sure I want her anywhere near the Presidency if she wants to balance our budget on the backs of our disabled veterans. It`s Blasphemy

HB3

Post by HB3 » 06-29-2011 07:50 PM

I doubt that's the case, but who knows.

I too was disappointed in some of her recent statements, like about the war in Afghanistan. She revealed herself as just another neo-con.

Nevertheless...think of the consequences. Don't vote for Romney -- vote against Obama.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 06-29-2011 08:53 PM

While were on the topic of budget cuts, a question I'd like to throw out there to those who feel we need to make drastic budget cuts to bring America's financial house in order (I am admittedly one of those people):

What programs would you see cut to gain back the trillions of dollars necessary to balance our books?
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 06-29-2011 09:33 PM

Start with most of the rumored 1.2 trillion dollar defense/'security' budget (- source ). Then move on to corporate subsidies - in fact, eliminate the 'corporation' as a business formation altogether (it has been abused in the extreme), let those people form general partnerships, and pay their taxes like the rest of us - or allow me (regular guy) to create a strawman, with all of the abilities of a corporation. Thirdly tax all imports, just as we did for 200 years previous to the modern era.

Let's see where we are then.
Last edited by SquidInk on 06-29-2011 10:18 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 06-29-2011 10:14 PM

lol
Tom Petty has told US presidential candidate Michele Bachmann to stop using one of his songs as part of her campaign, insisting he did not give the rightwing politician permission. Within 24 hours of the televised launch of Bachmann's 2012 campaign, Petty's lawyers reportedly pounced on the press-conference soundtrack, which used the song American Girl as exit music.

"Petty isn't pleased," reported NBC's Kelly O'Donnell, while Rolling Stone confirmed the singer's lawyers had sent the Minnesota congresswoman a cease and desist order. It's not even the first bump of Bachmann's campaign: during her announcement speech, the Tea Party supporter confused the birthplace of actor John Wayne with that of serial killer John Wayne Gacy.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/ju ... e-bachmann

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 06-30-2011 02:00 AM

That is just stupid. How would a campaign think they could get away stealing a song to use?

Did they think because they paid their $1.29 to get it on their iPod they had the rights to use it for her theme song? Even pirates on the 'net know better than that.

American Girl doesn't seem too fitting anyway..she seems more like a, Hey Mickey! type

Shazam
Pirate

Post by Shazam » 06-30-2011 08:06 AM

Kaztronic wrote: While were on the topic of budget cuts, a question I'd like to throw out there to those who feel we need to make drastic budget cuts to bring America's financial house in order (I am admittedly one of those people):

What programs would you see cut to gain back the trillions of dollars necessary to balance our books?

As long as they leave the EARNED VA benefits alone Kaz ...

Sinner
Pirate

Post by Sinner » 06-30-2011 12:49 PM

Kaztronic wrote: While were on the topic of budget cuts, a question I'd like to throw out there to those who feel we need to make drastic budget cuts to bring America's financial house in order (I am admittedly one of those people):

I am fairly certain there will never be many budget cuts , no cuts which will mean anything anyway.

We can start with military spending which arguably puts the US and its citizens at risk.

Retirement age will need to be raised to at least 75 yrs of age.

Subsidizing foreign Countries needs to be halted which also arguably puts the US at risk.

Until I see all of these budget cuts in place I will not take anything politicians propose seriously.

The reality in my view is when my life comes to a close the debt will be at least a 100 trillion and I never had a chance to retire in any capacity.
-Sinner

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 06-30-2011 02:12 PM

Shazam wrote: As long as they leave the EARNED VA benefits alone Kaz ...

Everything else is OK then?

Medicaid?
Medicare?
Social Security?
School lunch programs?
Food stamps?
Defence spending? (This is the one I want to see cut dramatically)
Welfare?
Infrastructure programs such as road maintenance?
Food inspections?

The point I am trying to make is that when push comes to shove, every single program that needs to be cut is going to be protested by some.

Conservatives speak of major budget cuts, but must understand, they are going to feel those cuts as well. Cuts will have to happen to the programs they view as sacred. They do not enjoy one party rule, and do not make up a majority of the US population.

Personally, I don't think Conservatives have the stomach for this when push comes to shove - because in the end, you can't simply cut big city social programs that impact only those who arent neighbors of Middle America. Their isn't nearly enough money in those programs alone to reach the budget cut goals spoken of by Conservatives.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Shazam
Pirate

Post by Shazam » 06-30-2011 03:32 PM

Kaztronic wrote: Everything else is OK then?

Medicaid?
Medicare?
Social Security?
School lunch programs?
Food stamps?
Defence spending? (This is the one I want to see cut dramatically)
Welfare?
Infrastructure programs such as road maintenance?
Food inspections?

The point I am trying to make is that when push comes to shove, every single program that needs to be cut is going to be protested by some.

Conservatives speak of major budget cuts, but must understand, they are going to feel those cuts as well. Cuts will have to happen to the programs they view as sacred. They do not enjoy one party rule, and do not make up a majority of the US population.

Personally, I don't think Conservatives have the stomach for this when push comes to shove - because in the end, you can't simply cut big city social programs that impact only those who arent neighbors of Middle America. Their isn't nearly enough money in those programs alone to reach the budget cut goals spoken of by Conservatives.

It all works for ill never see social security anyway LOL

Sinner
Pirate

Post by Sinner » 07-01-2011 10:40 AM

Actually road maintenance is supposed to be financed through gas and road tax.

My property tax is broken down to pay schooling for my children same as garbage pickup etc. These should not be cut or eliminated as I am paying for them directly and locally.

I do not rely on the Government in any way which I am not directly paying for. I have already conceded my wife and I will not have SS so we will pay all all our lives for something we will never have.

Our Government will never be fiscally responsible, under no circumstances should we allow them to be trusted with any more of our money, they have proven themselves to be incompetent and fraudulent.

I am just wasting my energy though, nothing will ever change.
-Sinner

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-01-2011 06:35 PM

Sinner wrote: I do not rely on the Government in any way which I am not directly paying for. I have already conceded my wife and I will not have SS so we will pay all all our lives for something we will never have.

I mentioned to one of our state chairs that I would like to see a law to make a mandatory accounting, provided to the citizens, 90-days before taxes are due, to detail ever expense being paid for by tax dollars.

I think if the public had any clue what they paid for, and that 57-cents of every dollar is swallowed up in administrative expenses, then the whole nation would be looking at a new revolution.

I don't mind paying for safety, security, fire, and military. I do mind paying for idiots at the TSA. And I wish this nation would accept responsibility for taking care of it's soldiers while serving and after discharge.

The problem in a nut shell is that people who have no investment in our tax dollars are deciding what to spend.

Also, I think a Congressman and Senator's pay should be a base, then merit pay based 1/3 on the yea/nay of the people, 1/3 on the prosperity of the area represented over debt, and 1/3 on the amount of people working in the district. Base pay them at $40k, then let them earn the money by voter approval of the job, if the area is debt free and making gains, and they get a final sum based on the percentage of employed.

IE: if all the pay comes to $100,000 and 10% of the people are unemployed, then they only get $90,000.

They need some motivation to perform their jobs in the interest of the people, rather than letting us be their cash cows.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”