Arizona: Woman Arrested for Speaking at City Council Meeting

Moderator: Super Moderators

whskyfan
Pirate

Post by whskyfan » 07-10-2011 10:37 AM

Interesting story behind this, take a look at the Mayors website at the link below for more info.

Mineshaft.com
1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 704D4P7 70 CH4NG3.
-573PH3N H4WK1NG

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-10-2011 12:31 PM

Sounds like this could be the sequel to that town in California where half of city government was indited.

Sad fact is most local governments, due to lack of oversight and public concern, are routinely used by employees for personal funding.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 07-10-2011 12:45 PM

Geesh... That's scary! I had to stop for gasoline, in Quartzite, on my way back from Phoenix, three months ago... I'm sure glad I didn't break any traffic Laws; no one might have ever heard from me, again.

And the first town to fall under corrupt leadership was Bell, CA. Now several others in that strange little area are under severe scrutiny for the same reasons.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-10-2011 12:54 PM

Thanks for the reminder on "Bell CA", Bobbi. Was having a brain fart and couldn't remember the name.

A study in our region showed that 72 out of 88 counties all had corruption ranging from people using police departments to get back at other people, or filing false or misleading information to the feds for the purpose of causing someone emotional distress.

However, it also noted that county and city funds were also plundered from everything from buying kids school supplies, to a source for one county employee to pay for auctioned real estate, which he would then sell and put the money back, but in the course of one year he made millions.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 07-10-2011 03:12 PM

I think there has always been corruption, and there will always be corruption... We can't possibly weed out everyone who takes unfair advantage of an opportunity.

And, as we're seeing in some States these days, corruption is being legalized to benefit votes for political parties.

Nothing is really "fair & balanced" anymore.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-10-2011 06:00 PM

True, Bobbie, but I guess my take on it is that the larger and more complex the system gets, the more prone it is to corruption.

It's sort of like having a problem with a medication made by big pharma. If you have a problem, chances are they are more willing to try to hold you at bay, or deflect even the the smallest problem than to help you. Contrast that to a local, small town pharmacist who works at the compound level and know people in the community, if you have a problem, he's likely to sit with you immediately to understand the problem and fix it.

I believe that many forms and offices of government have gotten so large that they are essentially untouchable. And when caught, like big pharma, their whole goal is to prevent collateral damage which might be caused by knowledge that people knew it was going on, that multiple people have their hands in the till, and that the system is running wild without checks and balances.

I think the proof of this is all the effort that has been made to audit the fed, as well as the inability of the people to get many of those on the government worker roles to live by the same rules as we do. No better proof of that comes than a few years back when the health care issue was raised and both Congress and Senate went to great measures to make sure they were exempted. Also I don't know about you, but I've not seen a raise in years, yet both houses have enjoyed numerous raises and added perks.

I just think if the system was smaller, then we the people could monitor, and correct for bad behavior. As it is now, many are simply out of the reach of the judicial system unless they do something so weird that public opinion casts them from the position.

Oh well..

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 07-10-2011 06:49 PM

I remember the old town doctors who used to come to our homes when I was a young child. And there are still compound pharmacists, today... we use one for our ol' man cat (who is 18); a special salve is mixed to be rubbed into the bare insides of his ears, to control his thyroid.

I noticed, just the other day, there is a house call doctor in the N/W part of Los Angeles. I was surprised... Perhaps what came around before is coming around again.

If so, let's hope that there's a revival from the ground roots up... and that a couple of the Supreme Court Justices decide to retire in the next few months, giving way to a more balanced Court System that can favor business AND the middle class/lower class workers, objectively.

Lore
Pirate

Post by Lore » 07-10-2011 07:40 PM

Sounds like real problems in that town. Scary
Last edited by Lore on 07-10-2011 07:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-10-2011 08:38 PM

Bobbi Snow wrote: I noticed, just the other day, there is a house call doctor in the N/W part of Los Angeles. I was surprised... Perhaps what came around before is coming around again.

I'm wondering if the old time GP is coming back. We've seen a few towns go to med students who are looking at something different, and they are offering them some pretty steep incentives to become sort of the town doctor, including a cash "finders fee" if they can attract others who will commit.

I think the generation in the mid 30s, to 50s are recognizing the Walmart style of clinic medicine is not working. People want to be themselves, and not numbers. When they go in, they want the doc to know them, and their family. So, yes, I think there is a rebirth of the general practitioner.

FWIW, here in our town, to fill the void, many of the GPs are using nurse practitioners for small cases just to handle the patient load. Personally, I don't see that as a problem if I'm coming in for something routine. That's much better than 15 years ago when the doc would give you 4 minutes, and sort of guess.

Ironically, I was in urgent care today, (fell and mashed my shoulder), and the NP that was on duty asked if my bronchitis was any better. That was three weeks ago, and she remembered me, and what I was in for. That's better than the "who are you" type of service before.
:D

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 07-11-2011 12:04 PM

No such thing as FREE SPEECH anymore :(

Disgusting isnt it??

Shazam
Pirate

Post by Shazam » 07-11-2011 12:17 PM

When governments no longer fear the people we get this.....Surf-dome

whskyfan
Pirate

Post by whskyfan » 07-11-2011 08:56 PM

Update.... From World Net Daily

Update
-573PH3N H4WK1NG

whskyfan
Pirate

Post by whskyfan » 07-11-2011 09:05 PM

Here is another story from Phoenix (AP)

Is this is what we are all looking forward to??

This says it all...
Foster said a woman from England sent him a note with just one line: "How could America be considered a beacon of democracy in the world when freedom of speech does not exist in Quartzsite, Ariz.?"

More here
Last edited by whskyfan on 07-11-2011 09:08 PM, edited 1 time in total.
-573PH3N H4WK1NG

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Martial Law Declared In Arizona City After Video Of City Hal

Post by Dude111 » 07-12-2011 05:09 PM

http://www.wnd.com?pageId=320829
The Arizona town that's become a YouTube sensation for its police department hauling away a woman speaking at a town-hall meeting declared a state of emergency this afternoon, leaving many local residents in fear of what officers dressed in full riot gear might do. [more]
I cant believe so many ppl are taking a stand that they felt the need to do this!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-12-2011 06:08 PM

More people need to stand up to these thugs, then agree to make them disappear.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”