Barack "I am not a dictator" Obama

Moderator: Super Moderators

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 03-14-2013 02:20 PM

Illegals are not supposed to be able TO VOTE! Only legal citizens are LEGAL to vote in the USA....or supposedly, but think we all know that in a lot of places illegals HAVE been voting.

It is one reason I am FOR legal photo ID in order to vote.

Its like saying - we should all go to their countries and vote for their rulers and laws. I'd like to see some American try to go to Mexico (for example) and try to vote. Not happening!

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-14-2013 02:26 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Illegals are not supposed to be able TO VOTE! Only legal citizens are LEGAL to vote in the USA....or supposedly, but think we all know that in a lot of places illegals HAVE been voting.

Its like saying - we should all go to their countries and vote for their rulers and laws. I'd like to see some American try to go to Mexico (for example) and try to vote. Not happening!

OF course, I mean all rational folks get it.
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-14-2013 02:59 PM

kbot wrote: Yeah, his inability to connectat time does shine through, doesn't it?

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 03-14-2013 03:56 PM

I can't help but chuckle a bit whenever I see topics like this one. Five or six years ago Obama was such a great guy. The "Yes we can" man. Going to bring "change". Damn near the second coming of Christ.
Now he's neck and neck with Bush. Just the same old same old.
Sometimes I hate being right. Not always. Just sometimes.
For the record, I'll say it again;
"We" do not elect presidents. The Electoral Collage does.
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-14-2013 05:24 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Illegals are not supposed to be able TO VOTE! Only legal citizens are LEGAL to vote in the USA....or supposedly, but think we all know that in a lot of places illegals HAVE been voting.

The U.S. has had a vote regarding who leads in other parts of the world but not by using a traditional voting method. The word "covert" springs to mind.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-15-2013 05:38 AM

Jon-Marcus wrote: I can't help but chuckle a bit whenever I see topics like this one. Five or six years ago Obama was such a great guy. The "Yes we can" man. Going to bring "change". Damn near the second coming of Christ.

I heard on the radio that a ercent poll showed his popularity numbers dropping like a rock. Just goes to prove that the adage about familiarity breeding contempt is probably true after all.......

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 03-15-2013 07:10 AM

kbot wrote: I heard on the radio that a ercent poll showed his popularity numbers dropping like a rock. Just goes to prove that the adage about familiarity breeding contempt is probably true after all.......

Yep!
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-15-2013 12:15 PM

Jon-Marcus wrote: I can't help but chuckle a bit whenever I see topics like this one. Five or six years ago Obama was such a great guy. The "Yes we can" man. Going to bring "change". Damn near the second coming of Christ.

He has always been transparent - just needed to pay real attention.:(

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-15-2013 02:04 PM

He has always been transparent - just needed to pay real attention.

I always had a "sense" about O, never went into "his" corner. Saul Alinsky, Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright, really the only things to slip out at that time. Boy! Did I ever take the "heat", then most who gave me a bad time started saying I was right. It's nice to be "right", but not in this case, it is the saddest "right" I have ever experienced.

But, what I have found most interesting is those who still drink from the "fountain" of "O" refuse to read his books, find out who is "friends" are, who his family is, or just basically don't want to know. That is so "odd" to me.

:huhsmile:

Riddick
Pirate

A Dictator, or just a Dick?

Post by Riddick » 03-15-2013 04:04 PM

Talk about popularity dropping like a rock and familiarity breeding contempt, that ain't the half of it...You REALLY know it's all catching up to him when even the dictator's dictator has a problem with the President!

(Granted, he's the most upset over Obama getting nowhere on the Fegelein issue; just as it is, I've never heard one single thing being reported about it! Must be one helluva massive MSM cover-up there.)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-15-2013 04:53 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_S ... _Directive

Yawn. Remember the past and all that... fool me twice, won't get fooled again, etc.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-15-2013 06:55 PM

Fan wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_S ... _Directive

Yawn. Remember the past and all that... fool me twice, won't get fooled again, etc.

:D :D :D
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-15-2013 07:19 PM

Fan wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_S ... _Directive

Oooh! Whatta sensahumor - didya notice in the directive, there's that word "continuity" again - although it's ostensibly applied to the idea of "Enduring Constitutional Government"?? Yeah, right, never mind the directive itself runs contrary to the idea of the three branches being separate and equal.

More than a little too late for that kind of continuity, IMHO - paraphrasing my earlier pun regarding rule of law, it seems Americans as a people possess neither the endurance or the constitution for it anymore.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-15-2013 08:38 PM

Doka wrote: I always had a "sense" about O, never went into "his" corner. Saul Alinsky, Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright, really the only things to slip out at that time. Boy! Did I ever take the "heat", then most who gave me a bad time started saying I was right. It's nice to be "right", but not in this case, it is the saddest "right" I have ever experienced.

But, what I have found most interesting is those who still drink from the "fountain" of "O" refuse to read his books, find out who is "friends" are, who his family is, or just basically don't want to know. That is so "odd" to me.

:huhsmile:

Some folks just can't admit when they are incorrect- denial.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-15-2013 11:45 PM

We all know the US has a history of 'intervening' in the internal affairs of foreign nations - although at the same time, non-intervention in the case the overthrow of democratically-elected governments can be problematic for Presidents as well (AND no less revealing of the 'continuity' between administrations of different parties!)...

FLASHBACK - To Meddle, Or Not To Meddle: Is That The Question?
  • President Obama hit back at critics who say the U.S. not doing enough for Honduras following a trilateral meeting with President Calderon of Mexico and Prime Minister Harper of Canada in Mexico today.

Mr. Obama said those complaining that America has not done enough following the military coup that resulted in the overthrow of the government of President Manuel Zelaya on June 28 "can't have it both ways."

"The same critics who say that the United States has not intervened enough in Honduras are the same people who say that we're always intervening and the Yankees need to get out of Latin America," said Mr. Obama.
    Canadian Prime Minster Stephen Harper supported the statements made by Mr. Obama, suggesting that "If I were an American, I would be really fed up with this kind of hypocrisy."

"You know, the United States is accused of meddling except when it's accused of not meddling," Harper said.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”