Two Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-15-2013 11:47 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: They want to question their leader but can't find him/her. Very suspicious..

But seriously, anyone claim responsibility? I 've not been following for awhile.

9:02 PM – Today

Big Police Presence For Search Warrant In Revere, Mass., According To Reports

News reports from Revere, Mass., said a large police presence was focused on an apartment complex in the Northeast Boston suburb in the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombings.

A Boston Fox News affiliate reported that police officers pulled over a person of interest who was seen "driving past the State Police barracks a number of times." CBS affiliate WBZ-TV reported that an apartment was the target of a search warrant, and that federal agents, firefighters, and local authorities were on the scene.

The Boston Herald reported that the uniformed officers in Revere included members of the FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and Homeland Security. The officers did not speak to reporters on site.

Huffpost
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-16-2013 05:19 AM

WBZ radio just reported that a number of pieces of evidence were just removed during the overnight hours from an apartment complex - don't know if this was from the Revere location or another site.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-16-2013 05:31 AM

The Wall St Journal has been reporting that an additional five bombs have been located scattered around the racecourse area. This would bring the totday (so far) to 8, possibly nine if the JFK Library fore proves to have been caused by an explosive device,

Fox News had a segment on early this morning where a commentator noted that the first explosive device may have had a shape charge, which might have been inteneded to direct the blast in a particular direction, but something went wrong - eitehr the device didn't work as planned, it was a case of luck in the the blast was somehow directed upward rather than towards the street, or the bomb was crudely constructed. In any event, the people in Boston along the route were lucky that more people weren't hurt.....

Also, the Boston stations are running news that the military personnel shown entering Brighman & Women's Hospital were inspecting suspicious packages that were just lying around the hospital.

Late last night I was able to get hold of my boss. Her husband had just finished the ace and they were planning to meet someno from corporate who is involved in purchasing for the hospital group. The plan was to meet at a restaurant very close to the finish line for a meal, but they decided to just get on the-T and head home. She had called her friend to let him know what their plans were, but he missed the call. So, he left the restauarant a few momments before the bomb went off and blew out teh windows of the restaurant. Apparently they were on the last train to leave the station, and they shut down the trains shortly after.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 04-16-2013 10:02 AM

Was watching several channels from the first bomb report - and all the various newscasters with their different "takes" on what 'happened'.

Two bombs went off, believed to be triggered by cellphone connection? At least 4 or 5 bombs - depending on news source were involved, two exploded. A third was found intact within "a few minutes". Others were found in different areas (?).

The explosion at JFK library was said to be something in the basement but later last night was said to be electrical?? The time was so close that one still wonders.

Hospital reports a lot of ball-bearings removed from patients, along with glass shards and ... depending on news sources - other things. Several amputations were required.

According to one hospital report some of the later injuries reported were ear-drums from the concussions.

===
On a personal note, three locals had already completed the race and are okay.

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-16-2013 10:30 AM

Hi folks'

This horrible, pure evil event, that has happened in the streets of Boston', in the Spring of 2013, has truly blown my mind.
As I'm sure it has for most decent folks here in America.

The Boston marathon represents the best in a personal sport', here in this country.
Health minded folks that take personal pride in running a 'special race.

This year's race also being deicated to yet another personal horrific event'.
The Sandy Hook massacre... Still fresh in our mind's...

In the beginning.
Our forefather's shared in a dream, in a vision.

That there should be a land, a country, a place in the sun, blessed by God', which with that blessing' should be able to build a great nation.

A nation open to folks, for folks, that searched for peace and a personal freedom from oppression by the power's that be...

That place we call, America.

Much of that dream, that vision, took place in a town called Boston.
Boston, Mass.
Hallowed ground in our history.

I feel that our time has come, once again.... that we as Americans must stand and be counted.
Yes', one by one, shoulder to shoulder, that we' the desendent's of the dream, of that vision.

Must' !!

Must not lay down our arms, for we are in a battle, in a war against pure evil.

Which side are you on... ?

Well, our time on this world stage.... it has come.

I pray to God, it is not too late' to save what once was a great nation.
To restore what we, as people, let go foul.

Knowing that freedom is not free, and the price we will pay...

Will be the greatest price a nation in history, has ever been called'.
Will we, as a people' come together' and make that stand..?

God, I hope so.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-16-2013 10:33 AM

Physicians treating the patients are saying that injuries range from ball bearings to glass, shrapnel, other types of metal....... Local radio and tv is saying that the area is completely blocked off and many people who live in the area are having a difficult time getting to and from their apartments. The area around Copley Square is usually very heavily travelled with the Boylston St, Mass Ave, Commonwealth Ave and Huntington Ave major thoroughfares throgh the city - lots of restaurants, shops and colleges in the area - as well as apartments.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 04-16-2013 10:59 AM

Bomb squad was running "controlled explosion" on the same day

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039926_Bosto ... z2Qdp3E2uf

I know that some don't like this site, but it is not the only one that has reported this. Also, on another site, they where saying that the police, where telling everyone "to be calm" BEFORE any bombs went off. Seems to be a lot of cell phones and tweeters around. OK, now I am really going to go around the "rabbit hole", what if there was a leak about the test. Opportunity knocks for some "terrorist" to turn it live. Who knows? :eek:

PS thanks for the "get betters", much appreciated! I either have stomach flue or ate something my body didn't like, just like everything else, who knows? :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-16-2013 11:00 AM

Yeah, I was just reading Alex Jones' website and how he said that this administration would be crafting the dialogue to show that it was the extremist right wing fringe element that was behind this.

For my part, I still believe that it's far too early to be focusing on any particular group, althouhg the Tea Party certainly has to be considered - all things being equal.

However, the government has known for years now that there are active terrorist cells in Massachusetts and the state also has a history of violence committed by terrorist cells, although the last case was a while back. Allegedly the government has been tracking Middle Eastern terrorist cells inside the Commonwealth since 9-11.

Still think it's too early to lay any blame.......

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 04-16-2013 11:30 AM

I agree Kbot, way too early to tell. But, I seem to have gone "paranoid" enough to consider that what ever the "powers that be", are not going for any conclusion, that is not "politically" advantages. :(
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

HB3

Post by HB3 » 04-16-2013 12:12 PM

NYT....
Representative Michael McCaul, a Texas Republican who heads the House Homeland Security Committee, said authorities believe the explosive may have been a “pressure-cooker device,” similar to improvised explosive weapons that have been used against American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Mr. McCaul, a former federal prosecutor who received briefings Tuesday morning from the F.B.I. and Homeland Security officials, also said that authorities still did not know whether the attack was a foreign or domestic plot.

An explosive device fashioned from a pressure cooker was also used in the attempted bombing of Times Square in New York in 2010.

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-16-2013 12:22 PM

Just a thought here ...
Korea not in the headlines...
The biggest gun (NUKES) being aimed at the U.S interests and the west coast.

The nut case, kim, threating to lite them off..
...and Obama on the phones today looking for support for gun control...

Who's side is he on?

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 04-16-2013 12:51 PM

Waverider wrote: Just a thought here ...
Korea not in the headlines...
The biggest gun (NUKES) being aimed at the U.S interests and the west coast.

The nut case, kim, threating to lite them off..
...and Obama on the phones today looking for support for gun control...

Who's side is he on?

Wave,

I have stated this before- I don't know that this President is really that smart. I know President Bush was the dumbest man on the planet :( but as all who have worked for a living know there are all different types of smart and frankly IMHO this President doesn't appear to even have the basic skill set down of priortizing issues - great and small.

I also think he is a sprinter and not a long distance type of individual.

Psycho babble????? Perhaps but again just my observations after years of working.
A man's character is his fate

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 04-16-2013 12:55 PM

I DEMAND THAT OUR GOVERNMENT BAN PRESSURE COOKERS!

:goodevil:
KARMA RULES

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-16-2013 01:19 PM

Doka wrote: I DEMAND THAT OUR GOVERNMENT BAN PRESSURE COOKERS!

Yep! Are you listening to Rush?
Funny, and a crying shame at the same time.

Pressure cooker control.
If you have one in your kitchen you're considered a terrorist!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-16-2013 01:30 PM

Doka wrote: I DEMAND THAT OUR GOVERNMENT BAN PRESSURE COOKERS!

Yup, I can see this coming. Pretty soon the government will be authorizing Macy's, JC Penny's, Sears, K-Mart and WalMart to provide them with all credit card transactgions flagging pressure cooker purchases......

I'm sure it'll be added to the MIAC/ FBI "Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities" list that was being distributed across the country.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”