Two Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-17-2013 12:21 PM

just to note that 4chan is not necessarily anonymous, there are hundreds of thousands of users there, but point taken.

I agree with you Squid, but I also am not going to just throw my hands up and say it is impossible. That is not my nature. If we can spot actors then that is still something. If we are just looking at a simulation then so be it, what else do I have to do?

I assume you enjoy perusing http://cluesforum.info ? They are on the same page as you (and I) :)

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-17-2013 12:21 PM

Fan wrote: The kooky thing is that I think this event is one of the few that I could believe is not managed or staged, and yet it seems like the entire internet thinks it is. Even those who were not conspiracy believers are coming and asking me what I think about this.

It scares me because I was always the crackpot, but now everyone is a crackpot.
Truthers, podcasters, youtubers, the Pauls, etc are having an influence. And congress is about as hated as they've ever been, maybe more. Folks are broke and jobless and having rights yanked away every day..they might be showing some real Pioneer, Free, AMERICAN spirit - at least the ones paying attention.

Most aren't, unfortunately.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-17-2013 12:22 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: Truthers, podcasters, youtubers, the Pauls, etc are having an influence. And congress is about as hated as they've ever been, maybe more. Folks are broke and jobless and having rights yanked away every day..they might be showing some real Pioneer, Free, AMERICAN spirit - at least the ones paying attention.

Most aren't, unfortunately.

I think they are trying to draw out the fringers.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 04-17-2013 12:32 PM

BREAKING NEWS: 04-17-2013 camera video show "dark-skinned individual" -- suspect..

more coming...

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-17-2013 12:35 PM

Fan wrote: I think they are trying to draw out the fringers.
Could be - read some of the tweets? Either those are plants or the tweeters will be rounded up. There was some pretty brash stuff I read. Nothing anyone would say face to face - no one that I know anyway.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 04-17-2013 12:37 PM

Related:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transparent_Society

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sousveillance

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLOxUVvcjwE

This is the crescendo we are building towards, without a doubt, no matter what the source of these incidents turns out to be. You will live transparently, or live like the 'unibomber' - black/white - no middle ground.

There are, however, interested parties who understand the revenue potential of a transparent & networked consumer pool, and know a few controlled thrusts in this direction or that will get us there all the more quickly. This is the lens through which I view every major event now. Especially this kind of high strangeness, where joggers are bombed

I've never seen http://cluesforum.info/, thanks for the link.
Last edited by SquidInk on 04-17-2013 12:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 04-17-2013 12:39 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: Could be - read some of the tweets? Either those are plants or the tweeters will be rounded up. There was some pretty brash stuff I read. Nothing anyone would say face to face - no one that I know anyway.
Do you have a link, Dale? Do I #hashtag something?:D

edit to add: oh, wait, I found a few 'tweets' ... http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/48 ... arathon-on

... more exceptional every day. :rolleyes:
Last edited by SquidInk on 04-17-2013 12:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-17-2013 01:03 PM

Sorry - see ya found some.

I think the ones I saw were in a post by Fan yesterday..but twitter and facebook both have to be full of that stuff.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 04-17-2013 01:10 PM

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

If you like wikileaks, you'll love this

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-17-2013 01:10 PM

Speaking of anonymous..
Anonymous raises ,798 through Indiegogo to kick-start its dedicated news site for Your Anon News

An Indiegogo campaign set up by Anonymous to expand its news coverage through a dedicated site, rather than its existing Twitter and Tumblr services, has closed with over ,798 in crowd-sourced funding.

Anonymous launched the project with an initial funding target of ,000, which the hacktivist collective said will be used to fund parts of the development process and initial hosting.

The news site will be used to bring together breaking news, reports and blogs from independent reporters online under its Your Anon News branding. Anonymous’ original campaign video said that it would provide a space for people on the ground, or ‘citizen journalists’, to be able to livestream events as they were taking place.

While the initial funding target was undoubtedly set well below the group’s predicted support, the money it has received from 1,309 backers means that it should have more than enough investment to build a news site with considerable influence.

Anonymous is never far from mainstream news due to its various demonstrations and hacking exploits. The group accessed several prominent North Korean sites earlier this week, including central news and information outlet Uriminzokkiri.com.

It has also criticized the mainstream media, in part because of its traditional structure and inherent constraints, but also for publishing what it describes as “political and celebrity gossip.”

Anonymous is a movement and set of ideals, which makes it increasingly difficult to identify the size and hierarchy of its operations.

A news site for Your Anon News could be like nothing the Internet has ever seen before, if it chooses to avoid many of the ethics and principles endorsed, but sometimes forgotten, by traditional journalists.

Backers can expect to receive their appropriate perks, such as buttons, coffee mugs, t-shirts and the like, by June this year.
Competition..the American way.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-17-2013 02:10 PM

Every pressure cooker I have ever seen has an important safety device, a pressure valve that releases when the pressure is too high. So, they disabled this? On the pots I have seen the only way to do that would be to dismantle the valve and weld the hole shut.

Wouldn't it be easier and more deadly to use a pipe bomb?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-17-2013 02:26 PM

Fan wrote: Every pressure cooker I have ever seen has an important safety device, a pressure valve that releases when the pressure is too high. So, they disabled this? On the pots I have seen the only way to do that would be to dismantle the valve and weld the hole shut.

what is crazy is in all the speculation I have read no one else has mentioned this... am I missing something?

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 04-17-2013 03:25 PM

Just speculating here for a moment. What if we discover the bombs were placed in Boston by a middle eastern faction. Does this mean we go to war for another 10 years? Or if they identify someone with middle east ties and arrest and imprison them does that one person become completely culpable? I guess what I am trying to say (and not too well, mind you) is how we would deal with the organization behind the bombings.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-17-2013 05:02 PM

Fan wrote: Every pressure cooker I have ever seen has an important safety device, a pressure valve that releases when the pressure is too high. So, they disabled this? On the pots I have seen the only way to do that would be to dismantle the valve and weld the hole shut.

Fan wrote: what is crazy is in all the speculation I have read no one else has mentioned this... am I missing something?
I gave this a little thought too.

Why take it apart if you can force thread a metal screw in to plug the hole.

But even if the hole is left unplugged, even black powder would expand fast enough to overwhelm any small hole pressure release allowing the container to fail catastrophically enough to cause an explosion. Many reports I've seen said these were on the weak side and could have been much worse in the same size package.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-17-2013 05:03 PM

Fan wrote: Looks like 4chan found the bombers... http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA

Imagine how these guys would be feeling if they had nothing to do with it? :eek:
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”