Paranoia Will Run Deep. Current Headline on Drudge

Moderator: Super Moderators

Lore
Pirate

Paranoia Will Run Deep. Current Headline on Drudge

Post by Lore » 07-10-2013 02:05 AM

OBAMA ORDERS FED WORKERS: SPY ON EACH OTHER

Link

Watch lifestyles, attitudes and behaviors...
Odd working hours, unexplained travel...
Monitor co-workers stress, divorce, financial problems...
Track online activities...
Those failing to report face penalties, criminal charges...

Come on people now spy on your brother
Everybody try to watch each other right now, right now, right now

Let the witch hunts begin.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-11-2013 06:33 PM

Didn't they try this in German and the USSR. I say "they" because it's all the same party.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-11-2013 11:46 PM

voguy wrote: Didn't they try this in German and the USSR. I say "they" because it's all the same party.
This is SO not at all like that! From the article:
  • “Anyone is an amateur looking at behavior here,” said Thomas Fingar, a former State Department intelligence chief who chaired the National Intelligence Council, which prepares top-secret intelligence analyses for the president, from 2005 to 2008.

Co-workers, Fingar said, should “be attentive” to colleagues’ personal problems in order to refer them to counseling, not to report them as potential security violators. “It’s simply because they are colleagues, fellow human beings,” he said.
See it's not spying! It's all about humans attentively looking out for each other's well-being.

Such caring confined to federal workers only? We're ALL brothers and sisters under the sun. This is too good to keep a lid on!

Obama outta Executive Order a Universal Family Mandate.

Lore
Pirate

Post by Lore » 07-12-2013 01:31 AM

I would like to think that I am the judge of whether I need counseling or not.

There are terrible things that happen to us from time to time, divorces, illness of a loved one, a family member that becomes a drug addict or starts to show criminal activity.

I consider most of these types of things nobody's business, at least as far a fellow workers are concerned.

Anybody can go through stuff like that, become secretive about their personal life and it doesn't mean they are going off the deep end as far as work related secrets are concerned.

But I tell you what, spying on someone just might make a person angry enough to want to strike out against an employer.

What I really liked about the bullet points was that if you don't turn in someone, you too, are a traitor. So if you aren't nosy and just mind your own business you can get in trouble.

Of course, I don't know what anyone expects out of a guy that has never had a job outside of politics.

I don't think the man has enough compassion to be an effective leader.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-12-2013 10:29 AM

Totally crazy! but what else can we expect from this administration??

Its been one thing after another...

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-12-2013 11:08 AM

Did I just hear a semi-lubricated latex glove snap against some "investigator's" hand?

Seriously, from the article......

"Although agencies and departments are still setting up their programs, some employees already are being urged to watch co-workers for “indicators” that include stress, divorce and financial problems"

Geez, this could apply to a LOT of people...... sounds like that old MIAC report where virtually everyone in the country could be classified as a "terrorist".......

Someone needs to have his meds adjusted.....:rolleyes:

kbot
Pirate

Re: Paranoia Will Run Deep. Current Headline on Drudge

Post by kbot » 07-12-2013 11:11 AM

Lore wrote: OBAMA ORDERS FED WORKERS: SPY ON EACH OTHER
Come on people now spy on your brother
Everybody try to watch each other right now, right now, right now

Let the witch hunts begin.

In other societies where spying on one's neighbor/ co-worker came with a list of perks - kinda like the Nazi's and communist's answer to S&H Green stamps. Turn in so many people, get a week in a Black Sea dacha or something.

Wonder what Obama's offering?

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Re: Paranoia Will Run Deep. Current Headline on Drudge

Post by Riddick » 07-12-2013 02:41 PM

kbot wrote: In other societies where spying on one's neighbor/ co-worker came with a list of perks - kinda like the Nazi's and communist's answer to S&H Green stamps. Turn in so many people, get a week in a Black Sea dacha or something.

Wonder what Obama's offering?
Don't tell me collective attentiveness isn't its own reward? Really, it's the ULTIMATE perk isn't it. You, me; she, he; looking out for the well-being of our sisters and brothers in EVERY way shape and form, we ALL benefit.

What's wrong with spreading caring and concern to each and every corner of America? Reject evil, embrace universal niceness! It's the only way to go.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-12-2013 04:28 PM

Riddick wrote: Such caring confined to federal workers only? We're ALL brothers and sisters under the sun. This is too good to keep a lid on!

Obama outta Executive Order a Universal Family Mandate.

This post seemed disturbing. So I reported you as an enemy of the state. Go willingly, please.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-12-2013 04:56 PM

voguy wrote: This post seemed disturbing. So I reported you as an enemy of the state. Go willingly, please.
Thanks for caring, bro.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-12-2013 06:10 PM

Riddick wrote: Thanks for caring, bro.

No problem. Glad to be what Washington considers a patriot. ;)

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”