Look out Canada, iHeart is Coming

Ham Radio/SW DXing. Get involved! Let's take back America's Radio Waves! What's going on in ham radio in America...

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Look out Canada, iHeart is Coming

Post by voguy » 01-08-2016 08:31 PM

If anyone in Canada had sense, they would stay as far away from these people as possible.

http://www.insideradio.com/free/iheartm ... 6355f.html

From the people who brought you Premiere Radio, and the TelComm Act of 1996.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Fan
Lady with a

Re: Look out Canada, iHeart is Coming

Post by Fan » 01-09-2016 08:54 AM

I don't know who listens to these things. I understand commercial free music stations, but other than the CBC who wants to listen to local radio unless you are in that locality? And even then, they all have internet facing streams as well.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

voguy
Pirate

Re: Look out Canada, iHeart is Coming

Post by voguy » 01-09-2016 03:16 PM

Fan wrote:....other than the CBC who wants to listen to local radio unless you are in that locality?
Exactly. I'll listen to a stream, occasionally, when weather is bad or something is happening locally. But typically I ignore it.

For me, it's handy at times to listen to a stream from, (for example), the Sarnia, or Ste St Marie stations if I'm driving north and I'm curious about the weather. But other than weather, everything else is pretty much irrelevant. Then again, iHeart/Clear Channel, is putting all its focus into their apps and streams.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 11-12-2016 04:50 AM

Fan wrote:I don't know who listens to these things. I understand commercial free music stations, but other than the CBC who wants to listen to local radio unless you are in that locality? And even then, they all have internet facing streams as well.
Yes and who wants to listen to it on that garbage??

THEY CUT OUT THE COMMERCIALS AND AIR THIER STUPID INTERNET CRAP...... I love canadian streaming because THEY DONT MAKE A BIG STUPID DEAL ABOUT COMMERCIALS GOING OVER THE INTERNET!!

Return to “Ham Radio/DXing”