People showing how great their turntables sound...on YouTube

For music-related discussions

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-05-2011 07:45 PM

voguy wrote: I use wireready/NSI broadcast automation for my player, using (2) Delta 44 audio cards. Literally one song is playing out, with another one starting, and a voicetrack is playing over both.

They could easily add FLAC support, but I suppose they have no reason to... still, the decoding is done in their software, not by your card as far as I can gather.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 12-05-2011 11:14 PM

If you have the codecs,ANY PLAYER WILL PLAY ANYTHING :)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 12-06-2011 08:30 PM

Fan wrote: They could easily add FLAC support, but I suppose they have no reason to... still, the decoding is done in their software, not by your card as far as I can gather.

I've yet to see one for the broadcast folks. Might be a new business model for someone looking to do that. Prophet does play MP3, but they usually have to use higher end machines to play large files. Oh well.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 05-31-2018 04:50 PM

Fan wrote:FLAC is like WAV it will simply preserve exactly the original material. If you record an LP into it you will have analog sound,
I do not think that is technically possible... Once you record it to digital the quality is lost....

Digital IS NOT TECHNICALLY POSSIBLE to make analogue quality,it just isnt!!

I have a record from 1979 (Chicago 13) that doesnt sound very good.... Sounds like it was digitally recorded by the studio and then put back on analog media (The record I have) ... THE RESULT IS CRAP!! (It doesnt sound thin like straight digital on record does but it doesnt sound AS GOOD as earlier 70s Chicago records I have that I know are 100% analogue)

I hope that isnt why it doesnt sound as good but i dunno..... Every song on that album is good!

Return to “Music”