Music and Medical

For music-related discussions

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Music and Medical

Post by voguy » 01-09-2016 03:46 PM

This is kind of an interesting story which blends music with medicine.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs ... story.html
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Fan
Lady with a

Re: Music and Medical

Post by Fan » 01-09-2016 04:12 PM

very interesting, I just read this the other day which is pretty cool and along the same lines http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 010616.php
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

voguy
Pirate

Re: Music and Medical

Post by voguy » 01-09-2016 08:10 PM

RMIT's method of going after the disease reminds me of what they are doing up at one of the research centers in SE Michigan. They are taking three, concentrated microwave beams, about the width of a pencil lead, and then focusing it at a tumor or cancer cells. One beam passing through tissue doesn't hurt the patient, but at the convergence of all three, the frequency of each beam is shifted and the resulting heterodyne forms a new frequency which makes heat. Sensors consisting of US, and MRI keep the focus on the spot, and they can program it to work a track of disease. A fellow I know was in the trials of it and said he only felt a little warmth, but it sure beats being cut open for surgery. The team at Wayne State University Medical Center think this will be wonderful for brain and deep prostrate cancer correction. For women it means they can go back deep into the chest and there will be zero scars.

There is another group which is work on a variant of this based on diathermy to see if they can correct for arthritis in joints. So far they say they can target areas as small as .5mm.

I'm for anything that doesn't require scalpels or chemo. The only evasive thing done to the patient is they are sedated so they don't move accidentally.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Music”