RIP Paul Kantner

For music-related discussions

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

RIP Paul Kantner

Post by kbot » 01-29-2016 12:20 PM

Oh man....!!!!!!!!!

Some of my fondest memories (OK, I can hear the line already - "If you can remember it, you weren't really there") were listening the Jefferson Airplane and then Jefferson Starship.

RIP Paul.....

Marty Balin Remembers Paul Kantner: 'He and I Opened New Worlds'

Marty Balin, former vocalist of psychedelic rock pioneers Jefferson Airplane, has issued a funny, poignant statement about band mate Paul Kantner, who died Thursday at age 74. "So many memories rushing through my mind now. So many moments that he and I opened new worlds," Balin wrote on Facebook, accompanied by a vintage picture of the two musicians.

"He was the first guy I picked for the band, and he was the first guy who taught me how to roll a joint. And although I know he liked to play the devil's advocate, I am sure he has earned his wings now. Sai Ram 'Go with God.'"

Kantner died Thursday of multiple organ failure and septic shock after suffering a heart attack earlier in the week. The Jefferson Airplane guitarist/co-founder had been battling health problems in recent years and was struck with a previous heart attack in March 2015.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20160129
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Re: RIP Paul Kantner

Post by kbot » 01-29-2016 12:31 PM

There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Return to “Music”