Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by kbot » 11-30-2018 06:29 PM

Anyone see Bohemian Rhapsody?

Saw it twice with my wife.

GREAT soundtrack. Sad story........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by Riddick » 12-01-2018 01:31 AM

I'd like to see it but I'll wait 'til I can catch it at home. I've just about given up going to the theater for flicks.

What can I say? Reserved seating sux.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-01-2018 03:35 AM

I would like to see the movie too. But, I just can't sit through a movie any more. Will wait, to see it at home, where I can sprawl out, ungracefully.

Freddie Mercury was a facinating guy, I really like his music. But, I never saw him perform, so had to go watch some YouTube. Then, I could not stop watching and listening to him . The Teeth, he had big teeth. Did you know the guy that played him was given a set of Teeth a year before the movie was filmed, so he could get used to them?

Freddie Mercury

http://www.freddiemercury.com/en/biography
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-02-2018 03:01 PM

Yeah, I saw that the prosthetics took a while. But, if you catch any of the interviews, you'll see that they attempted a second-by-second, move-by-move re-enactment of Queen's last big concert at Live Aid. Seeing both the YouTube version of the event as well as the movie, they succeeded very well.

Mercury was an incredible talent and even after his passing, he's continued to effect millions though the foundations started by him.

After the funeral he was cremated and only one person knows where his ashes are - his common law wife. And she's kept the secret all these years......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-02-2018 03:04 PM

Riddick wrote: 12-01-2018 01:31 AM I'd like to see it but I'll wait 'til I can catch it at home. I've just about given up going to the theater for flicks.

We just buy the tickets ahead of time - no lines, no waiting. Go in with a large Dunkin' iced coffee and edibles........ Get a couple of senior citizen discounts. Seat are recliners.......... Some have the middle arm fold-up to make a loveseat. I love it.......

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-02-2018 03:25 PM

kbot wrote: 12-02-2018 03:04 PM
Riddick wrote: 12-01-2018 01:31 AM I'd like to see it but I'll wait 'til I can catch it at home. I've just about given up going to the theater for flicks.

We just buy the tickets ahead of time - no lines, no waiting. Go in with a large Dunkin' iced coffee and edibles........ Get a couple of senior citizen discounts. Seat are recliners.......... Some have the middle arm fold-up to make a loveseat. I love it.......
Dining and reclining is nice. What's not nice around here is there's only 2 locations in the Milwaukee area movie theater market I know of that don't have reserved seating (a specific designated spot for you to sit)

If people engage in out-of-place behavior (like talking on their phones or to each other beginning to end) and asking them nicely to stop gets you nowhere, it tends to degrade the experience, especially when you can't move to another seat away from the cacophony

Alerting management isn't the answer. Having culprits kicked out is only an invitation for them to stay outside to get back at you with even more grief when you leave. Who needs the trouble? Not me
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Top 10 Things Bohemian Rhapsody Got Factually Right & Wrong

Post by Riddick » 12-02-2018 07:04 PM

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-03-2018 04:44 AM

Riddick wrote: 12-02-2018 03:25 PM
kbot wrote: 12-02-2018 03:04 PM

Dining and reclining is nice. What's not nice around here is there's only 2 locations in the Milwaukee area movie theater market I know of that don't have reserved seating (a specific designated spot for you to sit)

If people engage in out-of-place behavior (like talking on their phones or to each other beginning to end) and asking them nicely to stop gets you nowhere, it tends to degrade the experience, especially when you can't move to another seat away from the cacophony

Alerting management isn't the answer. Having culprits kicked out is only an invitation for them to stay outside to get back at you with even more grief when you leave. Who needs the trouble? Not me
I hear ya, but what we have here at least is that if the show isn't sold out, people just get up and move. We have our share of idiots - usually some dolt next to me i=with their cell phone on.....

Return to “Music”