Cats

Show it off

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-03-2014 04:12 PM

Diogenes wrote: RA,

How can we get him to you?

I don't think he'd like that as I don't have a gorgeous furry purry chick with Betty Davis eyes around here.

I had a wild one hanging around outside that I was feeding and then it made the mistake of going inside my neighbors cat door to rob their kitty's food, so the lady trapped it and off to the shelter it went. They would surely have put it down. I couldn't get near the poor thing. She also traps racoons and relocates them out to the forest. I've had those guys come in my dog door to get the pet food while I'm right there watching TV. The Mom's and babies come in and make a big huge stinky mess when I'm not home. Little beggars!
Last edited by Raggedyann on 05-03-2014 04:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-04-2014 08:37 PM

Raggedyann wrote: Fan, is the stray kitty still outside? Do you have a shelter close by where you can take him? He is so sweet looking he would get a home in no time.

I keep an eye on him, I think he probably lives somewhere. I have checked with neighbours and they see him around other places... I'lll take care of him if he asks, I have left food and a sleeping box out for him. We'll see.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-04-2014 10:01 PM

Fan wrote: I keep an eye on him, I think he probably lives somewhere. I have checked with neighbours and they see him around other places... I'lll take care of him if he asks, I have left food and a sleeping box out for him. We'll see.

I wondered if he might have a home nearby. I guess he's just in love at the moment. :)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-06-2014 02:17 PM

Raggedyann wrote: I wondered if he might have a home nearby. I guess he's just in love at the moment. :)

The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Nurse cat lends a paw to vets at Polish animal hospital

Post by Raggedyann » 04-16-2015 06:27 PM

With no formal medical training, a 9-month-old Polish cat has become one of the most celebrated healthcare workers in the world right now.

Meet Rademenes the "cat nurse" — a shelter kitty who spends his time comforting sick animals with cuddles, kisses and even massages.

Polish news channel TVN Meteo reports that Rademenes was brought to the animal shelter in Bydgoszcz, Poland, with a severe respiratory infection when he was only two months old.

Staffers were doubtful that the tiny black kitten would survive, but decided to begin treatment when they heard him purring.

Half-a-year later, Rademenes is fully recovered thanks to the efforts of veterinarian Lucyna Kuziel-Zawalich, who named him the shelter's mascot and gave him a place to live.

According to the friendly feline's "co-workers," Rademenes started befriending other animals within the shelter shortly after he got his strength back, paying special attention to those who were recovering from surgery.

Shelter director Izabella Szolginia told TVN Meteo that Rademenes provides both cats and dogs with "hugs" when they appear to be sick.

He's even been spotted cleaning other animals' ears by staff members who now jokingly call him a "full-time nurse."

More with pictures
http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/nurse-c ... -1.3036196
Last edited by Raggedyann on 04-16-2015 06:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-17-2015 07:35 AM

isn't that a great story?

Return to “Photography”