Why Do You Hate How Pictures Of Yourself Look?

Show it off

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Why Do You Hate How Pictures Of Yourself Look?

Post by Riddick » 01-08-2015 03:40 AM

Science agrees the mirror is to blame, but not for the reasons you think. FULL STORY

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-14-2015 12:15 PM

makes sense, and interesting...
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 01-30-2015 03:46 AM

I think we're just more critical of ourselves, especially as we grow older, because we don't like seeing our relatives reflecting back at us.

The time I had my eyelids corrected, it was solely because I looked in the mirror one morning and saw my mother staring back at me - minus her 5 chins!!! Oh, SHUDDER!! That was terrible. So, for my 50th birthday, Rod gave me the money for an eyelid reconstruction. (My mother never forgave me for getting one; she rather liked seeing that at least something about me didn't look like my dad's side of the family anymore.) Then, some 15 years later when I was developing a turkey neck and small jowls, for Christmas Rod paid for one of those micro-lifts. Mom had a hissy-fit about that, too... and a month later she died. I never felt guilty about the minor changes I've made that make me look less worn-out but don't make me look younger. I consider minor upkeep just another way of aging gracefully.

For the young people who begin cosmetic changes when they're under 25? Unless they have a real and necessary reason for such actions, I think it can become a habit. If a young woman keeps having nips & tucks every two or 3 years, sadly she will find that her children look less like her as they grow up. And, she will develop a fear of natural aging which can cripple her when she's my age.
Last edited by Bobbi Snow on 01-30-2015 03:49 AM, edited 1 time in total.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 01-31-2015 03:10 PM

I'm a short, plump (not fat), old phart. Not a pretty picture me thinks.

Return to “Photography”