"Art Bell's Dark Matter"

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 08-17-2013 10:52 PM

A bit of good news:

Art just announced on Facebook that as SiriusXM is giving him "complete freedom" with the show, the 3-hour timeframe per program is apparently flexible, and Art is planning to often run 4-hours instead.

The first two weeks will be "favorite guests", and then it sounds as if we're in for some new blood. As Art puts it, after the kick-off with old faves, he is going to "climb new mountains".

I think he is really invigorated to make this new show as good as the old C2C was, and that we are in for a treat! :)
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 08-17-2013 11:17 PM

Kaztronic wrote: A bit of good news:

Art just announced on Facebook that as SiriusXM is giving him "complete freedom" with the show, the 3-hour timeframe per program is apparently flexible, and Art is planning to often run 4-hours instead.

The first two weeks will be "favorite guests", and then it sounds as if we're in for some new blood. As Art puts it, after the kick-off with old faves, he is going to "climb new mountains".

I think he is really invigorated to make this new show as good as the old C2C was, and that we are in for a treat! :)

Allowing Art complete freedom will make for a happy Art and when Art's happy, we are all happy. :)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 08-18-2013 01:36 AM

Kaztronic wrote: A bit of good news:

That's excellent news! There are a few programs on sat that they give time freedom to if there is no live show following. If he ran way over they might cut it off on the final replay. Guess it depends on what's on next.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

LeslieV
Pirate

Post by LeslieV » 08-18-2013 04:01 PM

Looking forward to hearing Art back again. Working on ways to listen due to finances and as usual the night hours and a day job don't work well together.

Am planning a road trip in the near future so will be doing a lot of night driving so maybe a nice SiriusXM portable will work just fine along with Internet subscription on top.

Welcome back to the Master of the Night ! :)

Atheen
Pirate

Post by Atheen » 08-18-2013 04:29 PM

Just found out the good news! So happy to have my favorite radio show coming back.

I haven't accessed this site for some time, so excuse my awkward navigations! I just wondered what the button labelled "Buddy" did, and now it seems I am yours. whoops.
Last edited by Atheen on 08-19-2013 09:33 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Daneel
Pirate

Welcome back, Art!

Post by Daneel » 08-19-2013 06:07 AM

This is so awesome!

I wonder if JC will call in the first show? If you haven't already (I'm sure you have) check out his new site at artbell.com. There is a whole page of the old-school bumper music.

Wonder if guests will be all-new or the usual suspects? Hoagland, Moulton-Howe, Marrs, etc.? I hope a combination of both.

Hopefully, Snoorey doesn't interfere with Art's ability to get guests.

Atheen
Pirate

Post by Atheen » 08-19-2013 09:27 AM

Read somewhere online that the first week would be old regular guests and the second week new guests! Glad he isn't going to be totally retro as there are so many new things to look at. !!!Can't wait!!!

Atheen
Pirate

Post by Atheen » 08-19-2013 09:29 AM

BTW, I don't think Snoory will be a problem for Art; more the reverse. To paraphrase Walter White in Breaking Bad - ART will be the danger. Ha! About time!

LeslieV
Pirate

Post by LeslieV » 08-19-2013 09:41 AM

Art mentioned he will have some of the old regulars on the first week or so then off into new material.

I agree, Art will not have a problem with noodle brain it will be the reverse which is why things seem to be picking up a little there but will not equal Art.

We'll get to hear good then mediocre following but keep in mind that Art will replay on SXM after the show and will be available on the SXM Internet stream for us during the day.

Daneel
Pirate

Post by Daneel » 08-19-2013 12:21 PM

Check out this picture of young Art!

Here's the article:

https://thecoastnews.com/2013/08/inside ... -for-some/

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-19-2013 06:47 PM

I'm a frigging geek. I'm looking at the picture thinking, "yeah that's Art, but look at the Gates console he's at. Oh, and there's a Potomac phase monitor for an AM station with two tower. OH! check out the ITC cart machines." ((deep sigh))

I'm sorry, it's an incurable disease.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Glop
Pirate

Post by Glop » 08-19-2013 11:07 PM

alleyrulez wrote: the best news I have heard all year.

Art Bell.

uncensored.

count me in.

Me too...
hell yeah, I got chills!

Glop
Pirate

Post by Glop » 08-20-2013 12:01 AM

docnaz2 wrote: Thanks, it is awesome to be back! .
Yo, 'SUUUUP ??? Damn, girl we gonna be all up in this!!
How's The Ranch? Good to see you, I just logged in for the first time in a SPACE age , very surprised I remembered my log-in!!

docnaz
Pirate

Glop!

Post by docnaz » 08-20-2013 12:43 AM

Glop wrote: Yo, 'SUUUUP ??? Damn, girl we gonna be all up in this!!
How's The Ranch? Good to see you, I just logged in for the first time in a SPACE age , very surprised I remembered my log-in!!

Hey, buddy. Was up with you! Those were the days, weren't they. maybe they will be again. Good to see an old friend:cool:

LeslieV
Pirate

Post by LeslieV » 08-20-2013 09:20 AM

voguy wrote: I'm a frigging geek. I'm looking at the picture thinking, "yeah that's Art, but look at the Gates console he's at. Oh, and there's a Potomac phase monitor for an AM station with two tower. OH! check out the ITC cart machines." ((deep sigh))

I'm sorry, it's an incurable disease.

Geek here also VOGUY and saw the Gates board as I was at one in the early 60's before going off into other adventures. The cart machines, we had a bunch. Remember the time Art broke the cart machine in his studio, got out the super glue and glued his lips together? I sure could feel for that one as am familiar with the carts and have done the super glue trick a few times.

We only had a single stick so no need to phase monitor. It was fun but I got into more excitement along my life. :)

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”