Art Calls it Quits... Again

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Re: Art Calls it Quits... Again

Post by Doka » 12-17-2015 07:16 PM

I enjoyed the show last night, till I fell asleep that is. Heather is doing a very good job, she is getting "squished" by taking on being in the "middle" of a Bellstorm. Last night was Alexandre Tannous all about sound, tones and how it effects the human body. Tonight is Ron Cherry, a very interesting UFO guy. Give her a try, forget abellwhatsit.

PS I would fall asleep, even if The burning bush was talking to me :oops:

I also think it is "rotton" that another unnamed forum, just left Heather out to "dry"
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-17-2015 11:40 PM

I will give her a listen. I love UFO shows. My fave.

I will have to treat Art the same as I do my favorite Chocolate bar. Sometimes you can get them up here and oft times you can't, so you just have to savor them whenever they show up on the shelf. :)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-18-2015 12:46 AM

Art Bell Tells TALKERS He Doesn’t Want to Be Off the Air. Legendary late night talk host Art Bell abruptly quit his most recent return to a regular program on Friday (12/11), stating that he’s been the victim of attempts on his life that make it impossible for him to do the program. The sudden end to “Midnight in the Desert,” which was steadily picking up affiliate stations, caused some in the business to think, “Oh no, here we go again.” But Bell tells TALKERS magazine he wants to be on the radio. Citing three incidents on October 21, November 23 and December 8, Bell says his wife has said, “Enough.” Bell says, “If this jerk is caught I will be back, if not I will wait for some time to pass without incident and then do some non-scheduled shows. I would like my fellow radio people to know this is not what I want.” LINK
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 12-20-2015 05:29 PM

Art doesn't want to do the show. There are other options for him to continue if he wanted to.

BTW, I'm just passing thru.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-20-2015 08:11 PM

From THE HORROR REPORT December 19, 2015
  • Art Bell tolls: $20,000 to whoever catches the stalker!

The famed talk show host put a message on Facebook tonight: Help me find the stalker who pushed me off the air..

Bell wrote,

I will offer $20,000.00 to anybody providing information leading to the Arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the Stalking Terror resulting in my Leaving the air from MITD.

Art Bell

The talk show legend left MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT last week after multiple incidents pushed him from the program.

Since then, Heather Wade has been hosting the program and received mixed reviews..

The Bell will toll, and $20,000 may result..
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-20-2015 08:21 PM

Short Update from Keith Rowland re: Art Bell
Posted on December 19, 2015

I am saddened of course by the quick departure of Art Bell and many people think this is just a stunt to get out of doing the show. But let me tell you these latest events are real and Nye County police reports have been filed and are public. I’ve been with Art for each of his retirements, and while I may not agree with some of his reasons, they were real and after time he has managed to overcome them and return to radio. This too may pass.

Many people have been thinking this is just a way to get out of the show because it wasn’t doing any good. But, in fact we had contracts in place to bring on 2 more very large stations to the network, of which we were very encouraged about. We were growing every day. Subscriptions were still increasing and stations were still signing up.

However, I doubt he will ever be able to come back to traditional radio again, it was still a hard sell as it was, and stations’ concerns of his longevity certainly played out. If he does come back in any capacity, it would be on DMDN.

The Dark Matter Digital Network will still run the same programs it has been, if they want to stay, and still for FREE. The only change are some programs will not be LIVE, just pre-recorded. We will continue to produce Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade and have Art back when he can. To support this effort, please stay subscribed as a Time Traveler.

— Keith Rowland

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-20-2015 08:22 PM

voguy wrote:Art doesn't want to do the show. There are other options for him to continue if he wanted to.

BTW, I'm just passing thru.
Hey voguy! :wave: :hourglass Been awhile, hope all's well. Even just passing thru, it's good t'see ya. :grog: Here's wishing you a Merry Xmas Image and Happy New Year Image

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 12-20-2015 08:36 PM

Good to see you, and here's wishing you and yours the happiest of Christmas and the New Year.

I may stop back again, but probably not as often as before. Too many irons in the fire and goals which are within reach are keeping me very busy.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-21-2015 12:17 AM

voguy wrote:Good to see you, and here's wishing you and yours the happiest of Christmas and the New Year.

I may stop back again, but probably not as often as before. Too many irons in the fire and goals which are within reach are keeping me very busy.
Please do stop in as free time allows ya, VO. I figure the FF's doors'll be open and pirates postin', in contrast and contrary to Art's feeling he's best off hereon and completely out of the online community communications loop!...

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

"Goodbye Farewell Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu" Part Deux

Post by Riddick » 12-21-2015 12:21 AM

Stalker Saga Stage II
SOCIAL MEDIA MELTDOWN IN THE DESERT -
Art Bell Leaves Cyberspace After Posting $20K Reward On FB

Excerpted From Night Terror News

• Hours after the $20,000 cash award, Bell dropped another bombshell on fans and friends:

Ok, this will be my last post. I have had people saying truly awful things about Heather and myself. I have had more then enough stress and grief over this for this Lifetime. I will shortly disable this page and make no more Social Media comments at all since there is no way to explain anything to anybody without people twisting everything said into something awful and hurtful. To my Friends thank you.

And he did not stop there..

BELLGAB–the place where fans and foes alike have come to talk about him and Coast to Coast AM for years–was next.. Bell hit message boarders with this:

Ok, I have had enough, I posted the reward myself and did not consult with the Sheriff, I don’t see why I need to its my money and mostly my problem. While the sheriff’s Dept has responded when called they have been painfully slow to post all the reports I have made. They do the best they can I guess.

At this point after reading some of the awful things said about Heather and myself I have had enough, I am not coming back to Bell Gab and after a short time of letting that reward sink in I will disable my FB site as well. There is simply no way to win with people like this and I have had enough to stress and sorrow over this for this lifetime. Carry on.

Art

Bell went no in some more Facebook messages to say more of a reason he was disabling his social mediaphere:

No, everything I say here or anywhere is taken, twisted and turned into in some cases outright Slander, I am done

And

I just read posts that say the only reason Heather got the job is because she is part Asian and got sexual favors from me, I hope she files a lawsuit. I have had it. Goodbye Social Media.

It is not the first time someone got a bad taste from social media.
    But with Bell, the fanfare and flare so often offered up by every move he publicly makes, this Saturday night massacre of social media accounts has caused debate and furor in the lives of the thousands of people who have found out so far..

As the desert burns..
    The $20,000 is still there.
    And if paid, would Bell return?
...Crap! Seems it's just one to the next in the Bell saga... With each new sad development more and again, raising the question, as the tortured romance between Art & his fans continues:

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-21-2015 12:20 PM

I think I'm glad I didn't pay for a subscription......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 12-21-2015 08:23 PM

Art brings a lot upon himself. Having a social media page is a lot like leaving your front door unlocked. For the most part your friends will wander in to say hello, but there is the occasional drunk, malcontent, or misfit with dog-poo on their feet tracking in. In the end you have to blame yourself for leaving the damn door open. I like Art's talent on the air, and his ability to make radio worth listening. What I don't like is his ADHD with his listeners, and his constant public gaffs cause by his poor choices. Sadly, I've been stood up at the dance so many times I've declared myself "Bell free", and not the one Quasimodo frequents.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-27-2015 05:43 AM

AND The Bell Strikes Again: DING DONG! Art Now Back On Internet
Move may signal a return to MITD could come sooner rather than later

http://s3.zetaboards.com/Tranquility/topic/7711612/40/

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 12-27-2015 08:53 AM

Good for him. For my part, Art left me for the last time and the knock on the door will not be answered. Cue the music .... I won't get fooled again.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-27-2015 02:00 PM

CALL The Wild Card Punch Line (It's Toll Free!)

"ART BELL HAS retired more times than..."

1) The Donald has walked down the aisle

2) Generalísimo Francisco Franco has died

3) All the original Social Security recipients put together

4) ?... (Take a shot)

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”