Art's Health

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Art's Health

Post by Riddick » 02-23-2016 02:39 AM

http://s3.zetaboards.com/Tranquility/si ... &t=7711612

Not good.

My dad died of COPD at age 71. He was on oxygen and basically bed-bound the last five years of his life.

As Sean speculates, this may be the real reason behind his MITD departure.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Art's Health

Post by kbot » 02-23-2016 06:38 AM

Wouldn't be surprised.

My Dad died from complications of smoking most of his life. I started smoking when I was 19 y/o in the Air Force, and stopped about 30 years ago now. Even so, my lungs are a wreck and caused me all kinds of problems with my surgeries over the past few years. Our Oncology practice here at the hospital is unfortunately, full of patients with lung cancer.

I hope Art pulls through, but one of the sad things with any respiratory illness is that it saps your strength and you tire easily.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Re: Art's Health

Post by voguy » 02-23-2016 05:21 PM

ditto.

Lost my mother, father-in-law, and MANY friends. A lot of my old radio friends smoked, and now I can count on both hands the number of friends whom have died early in life.

I wonder if this is Art's sole reason for quitting.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 02-24-2016 09:27 PM

Who knows whats really going on with Art..... I reckon we wont ever know!!

Riddick
Pirate

Re:

Post by Riddick » 02-25-2016 02:46 AM

Dude111 wrote:Who knows whats really going on with Art..... I reckon we wont ever know!!
Whether or not one can go by whatever else Art says, his warning on smoking is right on - and, aside suffering & early death for oneself, why risk CATmageddon?...

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”