Obamacare wins? See you in 2014

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-22-2014 09:50 AM

Heard a report yesterday that many border patrol guards are quitting because this administration refuses to do what the law calls for, and it is putting the border guards into a no-win situation.

This is going to be a nightmare that will haunt this country for generations.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-22-2014 12:56 PM

kbot wrote: Heard a report yesterday that many border patrol guards are quitting because this administration refuses to do what the law calls for, and it is putting the border guards into a no-win situation.

This is going to be a nightmare that will haunt this country for generations.
On the bright side, the nightmare won't be typical! It'll be 'better'. Ordinary ones end.

Wake up and smell the coffee? Forget it. America's snooze button's perpetually stuck.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-23-2014 09:24 AM

kbot yes some are quitting for that - some are also quitting as they have caught diseases from these illegals - while the DHS claims the illegals are checked.

Metal fences have been cut, wooden areas taken down and this gov't does what??

OH big words - hot air - gonna deport - but nothing is happening - cause oh gee it takes time. In the meanwhile they are still letting them loose or actually driving them to 'homes' of relatives?? more illegals...

----

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-23-2014 10:47 AM

This morning I saw a report on tv stating that 300 children were put on a flight - I thought that they were going to say "Back to Central America", but instead they were flown to California
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-23-2014 10:48 AM

Riddick wrote: On the bright side, the nightmare won't be typical! It'll be 'better'. Ordinary ones end.

Wake up and smell the coffee? Forget it. America's snooze button's perpetually stuck.

Kinda like cruise control with the pilot sleeping.....

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-23-2014 10:53 AM

In a related article........

Snippet:

Massachusetts mayor: Stop sending my city refugees

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts mayor is calling for an end to refugee resettlement in his city, saying Somali families are putting pressure on already strained services in Springfield, a onetime industrial center where nearly a third of the population lives below the poverty line.

Mayor Domenic Sarno is the latest mayor to decry refugee resettlement, joining counterparts in New Hampshire in Maine in largely rare tensions with the State Department, which helps resettle refugees in communities across America.

http://news.msn.com/us/massachusetts-ma ... y-refugees

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-23-2014 02:12 PM

Massachusetts is not the only state where they are sending all these illegals. Other places and states are also complaining about the drain on the economies. Not just food and shelter but several hospitals have chimed in...but why are we not hearing much news about that as well?

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-24-2014 05:42 AM

I think that it does show-up in a number of smaller examples such as the local school committees complaining about the large number of foreign-speaking students in their schools as opposed to previous years, or, the hospitals and police depts. needing more language interpreters, or the explosion in foreign-language billboards in inner cities.

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were at a Sears store in our local mall, and someone came on the overhead speaker announcing (I guess) the day's sales information, and my wife and I just looked at each other because the announcements were all in Spanish. We live nowhere near the US/ Mexico border, but, it goes to show just how deeply entrenched the movement towards shifting the language away from English to Spanish has become. My wife looked at he and asked "Where the hell are well?!?!!?". We still kinda laugh about it, but, on some level it's scary......

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-27-2014 03:38 PM

On The Road With "Barry's Rescue Rangers"

From Scott Stantis at his blog:
  • The wheels seem to be coming off of Obamacare. With two seemingly contradictory court decisions the whole thing seems to be headed to the US Supreme Court. Again.

This editorial in the Chicago Tribune says it best in its conclusion. The parties can come together and correct it or continue to act like spoiled children who won't get along. Sadly, I think we all know where our elected officials will choose to stand.
Related:
Watch Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber admit in 2012 subsidies were limited to state-run exchanges

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-27-2014 06:58 PM

Been on vacation this past week, so it's gonna be interesting to see what's been going on while I was out. One story I heard during the past week concerned doctors who have been eating the cost of delivering healthcare because the Obamacare system is so botched - on the surface it appears that a patient has insurance - until its time to bill the insurance. Its then that te provider finds out that, yes the patient has insurance - but, you're not on "the list" of approved providers.

Meanwhile, the patient has to be seen and treated - the docs aren't going to turn the patents away....... You'd think that the government would figure this out but its a train wreck.

Before I went on vacation, one of the cardiology groups that came to the hospital I work at was told that they can't see patients at the hospital. So my wife and I can't be seen that the hospital I work at by these docs (who we have as our cardiologists) because of "the rules". Instead we'll have to go to my hospital's competitor - OR, transfer to another group that has no knowledge of my and my wife's medical history.

This is only after seven months of of Obamacare, and from what I'm hearing, most people aren't overly happy with the system.......

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-28-2014 09:52 AM

kbot -- not just that - but even approved ones are having difficulties collecting.

on local report (radio) call in - approved hospital/drs - have to have every ### correct for each procedure (plus time spent with the patient for said procedure dr/nurses/etc.). Caller - works in billing - said it took three or four billings on one patient.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-28-2014 10:55 AM

Just heard this morning that while I was away last week, that our competitor's across town (with multiple sites across SE Mass), was having some serious issues with making payroll.

This is not good - they are a multi-hospital, multi-clinic group that is a top provider for cardiac care. A lot of staff are required to take mandatory time off, which is becoming the norm across healthcare as reimbursement levels decline.

Hopefully the payroll issue will be resolved and not become the next "new normal" out there.......

Riddick
Pirate

ObamaCare: Can You Say SNAFU?

Post by Riddick » 07-29-2014 12:28 AM

kbot wrote: Hopefully the payroll issue will be resolved and not become the next "new normal" out there.......
"Better" is the new normal. That is, if "better" means "worse"... BTW, where are all the defenders of ObamaCare these days - On an extended Vineyard Vacation? Good enuff for the Prez!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-29-2014 06:11 AM

I'm hearing that a lot of the Dems are quaking in their boots these days and over the weekend, I heard that the Democrats may lose the Senate this year........

Not a fan of Obama and the Far Left, but I think that the GOP having both houses of Congress wouldn't be a great thing either.......

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-29-2014 10:32 AM

kbot - I am hoping the GOP does take over the Senate.

ONE reason - that Bills passed by the House will at least get a hearing in the Senate.

Currently over 200+ bills passed by the house have not been sent to Senate committee, allowed to be discussed -- all due to REID.

Another reason -- ACA - was DEM House and Senate - passed only by Dems and look at the mess we have now...

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”