A peek into our future?

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

A peek into our future?

Post by kbot » 03-24-2014 11:12 AM

England has always been held up as a model society by the Far Left for us who may not always agree with them on issues ranging from universal healthcare to abortion on demand.

Put the two together and the possibilities are, apparently - endless.........

England's National Health Service started in 1948. In less than 70 years they moved from providing quality healthcare to providing a cheaper fuel source. Kinda odd that the hospital would classify the dead fetuses are "waste", but, there it is......

Is this where we will be in a few decades?

15,000 Aborted And Miscarried Fetuses Incinerated To Heat UK Hospitals

The remains of more than 15,000 aborted and miscarried fetuses were incinerated as “clinical waste” at British hospitals, some of which use “waste-to-energy” systems that generate heat for the facility.

At least 15,500 fetal remains were incinerated by 27 National Health Service (NHS) trusts in the last two years, according to a recent investigation by the Channel 4 news program “Dispatches.”

Ten NHS trusts admitted to burning fetal remains with their garbage. Two others hospitals burned fetal remains in waste-to-energy systems.

The Department of Health issued a ban on the practice Sunday night.

“This practice is totally unacceptable,” said Health Minister Dr. Dan Poulter. “While the vast majority of hospitals are acting in the appropriate way, that must be the case for all hospitals and the Human Tissue Authority has now been asked to ensure that it acts on this issue without delay.”

Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, one of the nation’s leading hospitals, incinerated 797 fetuses under 13 weeks gestation in their waste-to-energy system. Meanwhile, mothers were told that the babies were “cremated.”

Ipswich Hospital Trust incinerated 1,101 remains from 2011 to 2013 in its waste-to-energy system, which is operated by a private contractor.

The hospital said it was shocked to learn of the practice.

“The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust does not incinerate fetal remains,” said an Ipswich spokeswoman. She added that the trust “takes great care over fetal remains.”

“I am disappointed trusts may not be informing or consulting women and their families,” said Chief Inspector of Hospitals Sir Mike Richards. “This breaches our standard on respecting and involving people who use services and I’m keen for 'Dispatches' to share their evidence with us. We scrutinize information of concern and can inspect unannounced, if required.”

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/w ... -hospitals
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-24-2014 01:40 PM

Can't make-up this stuff......... Sounds like efficient bureacracy at work.

Over 20 hospitals in Englands universal healthcare system have been caught so far doing this - and its not like this is something that "just happened", or "occurred spontaneously". This happened at over 20 hospitals around the country. Reading the press, you start to see instances of hospitals in "the ideal" that is English healthcare trying to distance themselves as fast as they can.

Be careful what you wish for...........

Snippet:

Grieving parents have revealed how their miscarriages and stillbirths have been handled insensitively and callously by the NHS.
Many were horrified to be told that the remains of their dead babies would be incinerated with other medical waste.

Cathryn Hurley, 35, whose first pregnancy failed when she was 13 weeks along, was one of the victims.

She said: 'We went for routine scan and I was really excited. But I was told "I'm really sorry your baby's heart stopped beating when you were eight weeks pregnant."

'Unbeknown to me I'd had a dead baby inside me for five weeks. I was hysterical and crying. A nurse talked us through our options which was to let things happen naturally at home or have what's called a "medical management of miscarriage."

Cathryn said they opted for the latter but their ordeal was compounded by how they were then treated.

'I asked one of the nurses what would happen to my baby and she said "it will be incinerated with the rest of the day's waste."' she recalled.

'That was difficult to hear, to me it wasn't the day's waste, it was my baby. It would have been nice to mark that baby's life but there was nothing in the hospital that gave us that opportunity.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... iages.html
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-24-2014 02:09 PM

Interesting...... "waste to energy" facilities at hospitals. Where have we seen this term used in this country? Seems to be cropping up with increasung frequency.

"Who" decides what (or "who") is "waste"?

How we got to the point where the bodies of aborted babies are used to heat hospitals in the U.K.

I apologize for posting late on the ghastly news that the remains of over 15,000 aborted and miscarried babies were burned–like other “waste”—and in some cases used to heat hospitals in the United Kingdom.

“Ten NHS [National Health Service] trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat,” Sarah Knapton, a Science Correspondent for the Daily Telegraph, reported. “The Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr. Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’”

We’ll return to why this would “totally unacceptable” in a moment.

The credit for this grisly discovery goes to Channel 4’s Dispatches. Ten hospitals confessed to burning the corpses of these babies “along with other hospital rubbish,” while two admitted the remains were used to generate power to provide heat.

Channel 4’s Dispatches found that Addenbrooke Hospital in Cambridge, “incinerated 797 babies below 13 weeks gestation at their own ‘waste to energy’ plant. The mothers were told the remains had been ‘cremated,’ “ Knapton reported.

“Another ‘waste to energy’ facility at Ipswich Hospital, operated by a private contractor, incinerated 1,101 foetal remains between 2011 and 2013.”

There were protestations of innocence galore and insistence that burning the bodies of aborted and miscarried children was not acceptable. “Sir Bruce Keogh, NHS Medical Director, has written to all NHS trusts to tell them the practice must stop,” according to Knapton.

Why?

The only answer we see in the stories is that such practices were not authorized by the parents and that (as one hospital bureaucrat put it) it “takes great care over foetal remains.”

So, informed consent/parental consent. Is that all?

There are obviously overtones that would make even those as comfortable with abortion as the United Kingdom unnerved. As Mollie Hemingway writes

“People are reacting to this story with the natural revulsion one feels for such callous treatment of humans, whether it’s evoking memories of crematoriums at concentration camps or promises made to mothers who miscarry about the treatment of their children who died.”

And that is a hugely important insight. What is the Abortion Establishment’s ultimate objective? Not just unfettered abortion—abortion for any reason, or no reason, up until birth—but many, many more abortions.

And that is not either hyperbole or to be unfair. A huge increase in the number of dead babies is absolutely inevitable if they are able to reach “under-served populations, eliminate parental involvement altogether, use legislation and the courts to paralyze women helping centers, and convince women to celebrate their abortions.

We fight all of those bizarre propositions. But what if—what if—the Planned Parenthoods and their counterparts around the world were able to eliminate what Hemingway rightly calls “natural revulsion”? What if people just accepted abortion as “just another medical procedure”?

http://www.nationalrighttolifenews.org/ ... n-the-u-k/

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-24-2014 04:38 PM

Interesting twist on the logic being used as a justification for this:

"Green energy'........" and "sustainability" two catchphrases that ought to make any rationally-thinking person snap his/ her head back that they'd get whiplash......

Snippet:

The Addenbrooke’s incinerator is part of the hospital’s “Think Green” program to reduce waste and cut carbon emissions. According to the hospital’s website, the ash from the incinerator was scheduled to be used as a concrete additive beginning in July 2013. Addenbrooke’s previously provoked criticism in 2006 after news broke that the hospital was saving money by cremating babies in the same incinerator used for trash.

Another hospital, Ipswich, in the county of Suffolk, incinerated 1,101 bodies in its own energy plant. The hospital said the fetal remains had been brought from other medical facilities by a private contractor. Ipswich cremates the remains of babies from its own facility, but does not incinerate them for energy, a spokeswoman said.
http://www.worldmag.com/2014/03/uk_hosp ... green_fuel

That this occurred at all is bad enough. Attempting the lame excuse of "green energy" and importing aborted fetuses for the purpose from other facilities (since 2006!!!!!) shows how entrenched the practice has become.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-24-2014 05:03 PM

Think is can't happen here?

Look at the last campaign where the Left attacked Romney's investments in Stericycle, and how they handle aborted fetuses.

Nothing about "green energy" angle though.....

Romney Invested in Medical-Waste Firm That Disposed of Aborted Fetuses, Government Documents Show

Snippet:

Despite the firm's regulatory run-ins, the deal worked out well for Bain. In 2001, the Bain-Madison Dearborn partnership that had invested in the company sold 40 percent of its holdings in Stericycle for about $88 million—marking a hefty profit on its original investment of $75 million. The Bain-related group sold the rest of its holdings by 2004. By that point it had earned $49.5 million. It was not until six years later that anti-abortion activists would target Stericycle for collecting medical waste at abortion clinics. This campaign has compared Stericycle to German firms that provided assistance to the Nazis during the Holocaust. A Stericycle official told Huffington Post that its abortion clinics business constitutes a "small" portion of its total operations. (Stericycle declined a request for comment from Mother Jones.)

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... icycle-sec

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-24-2014 06:38 PM

More uncomfortable questions being raised.......

Snippet:

Health minister Dan Poulter described the practice as “totally unacceptable.” He asked the NHS director Sir Bruce Keogh to let NHS trusts know “that it must stop now.” Keogh then issued a letter noting that while incineration is not illegal across the U.K., “existing professional guidance makes clear that the practice is inappropriate.” He shares the view that it is “inappropriate” and believes “other methods offer more dignity in these sensitive situations.”

They were not explicit about what made the practice “inappropriate” and “unacceptable.” Is it merely a question of the parents’ not being consulted? Or is there something inherently wrong with treating human bodies, in whatever stage of development, as refuse? Answering the second question affirmatively would, of course, raise some awkward questions for proponents of the legal right to dismember those bodies in the womb.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... ne-connell

I guess the thinking "What you don't know........." must've been widely used in England

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-24-2014 06:43 PM

The count is now over 15,500. That's a change in the past few hours.

Snippet:

The remains of at least 15,500 babies have been incinerated over the last two years, according to an investigation by Channel 4 Dispatches. In some cases the bodies were burned at “waste to energy” facilities, providing fuel to power hospitals.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... ne-connell

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-25-2014 05:58 AM

And now the story gets even stranger.......... This story now involves miscarriages.

Snippet:

The parents of those lost or aborted children were not consulted about what was going to happen to those remains. In at least one hospital, mothers of 797 babies lost before 13 weeks of gestation were told the remains had been “cremated.”

The article is full of quotes of British health officials who are apparently shocked by the abhorrent practice the U.K.’s Channel 4 program Dispatches uncovered. None were apparently so repulsed by the practice, however, that they spoke to the press before the whistle was blown.

One does not need to be rigidly pro-life in order to find the unceremonious burning of bodies for a purpose as mundane as heating a hospital to be repugnant. The notion that these bodies were used to fulfill a purpose in death that they did not in life is reminiscent of a philosophy shared by virtually all of the 20th Century’s most egregious human rights violators.

The fact that no one quoted in The Telegraph defended this procedure as some form of environmentally-conscious recycling is itself a revelation. No one offered a full-throated defense of the burning of lost or aborted human beings without parental consent because that practice is simply indefensible.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/investig ... -for-heat/

Green energy meets universal healthcare. Sounds like a marriage made in some bureaucrats office. Imagine being a fly on the wall during THAT meeting: "Our heating costs are going through the roof. What'll we do??????

I mean, honestly, someone, somewhere, at some time, made a conscious decision and said, "Ya know, this is "legal". This can work...."

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-25-2014 07:53 AM

Story broke on Drudge.

Interesting how the MSM is staying away from this story..........

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-25-2014 08:06 AM

Nothing on CNN.

Nothing on MSNBC. (No surprise there...... :rolleyes: )

I was watching Alex Wagner yesterday afternoon thinking "They've GOT to be running this story" because, I wanted to see how Alex and the Far Left would spin this.

I mean, come on -"Universal Healthcare", "Choice", "Green Energy", "Alternative Fuels"....... If ever there was a confluence of the Progressive Left's agendas on a number of fronts, this is it. I mean, this story has it all........ I would have thought that the Far Left would have been all over this one, touting the efficiencies of Universal Healthcare in their country of choice, their ideal model, and how that system is working to better everyone.

The choice, apparently is, "ignore the story" and pretend it doesn't exist.

Wonder what the MSM is afraid of?

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-25-2014 10:56 AM

From another story:

Cathryn Hurley, 35, found out during a 13-week pregnancy scan that her baby had died at eight weeks, and later underwent a medical procedure to remove the foetus.

She said: ‘I was hysterical. I was crying. I asked one of the nurses what would happen to my baby; and she just said - well, it will be incinerated with the rest of the day’s waste.

‘That was really difficult to hear because to me it wasn’t waste, it was my baby.’ The trust involved cannot be named for legal reasons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ledge.html

On another note, some American media outlets (mostly conservative New York print media, Fox, Breitbart, Drudge, Rush etc) have started picking-up the story..........

Of course, the conservatives are being portrayed in the Progressive blogosphere as being out of control on the issue.

Still trying to wrap my head around the cadavers = cordwood logic being used as a weird defense.

Maybe it's me.......

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-25-2014 05:21 PM

And, getting to the crux of the matter.........

Snippet:

Now back to the fetus. Once you have made the jump that a fetus is an inanimate object of no value, it's easy to abort it. But in an age of being green we don't want to waste anything. This is a perfectly good energy source that was just going to be wasted in a grave. Graves are reserved for things of value, things that actually breathed air, and were loved. Things like pets deserve graves. A fetus wasn't loved, and so it deserves none of the fancy send off of a beloved hamster.

However there is outrage outside of the hospitals, because people do value fetuses. Thankfully millions of people still recognize a fetus as a human being. And just because the mother didn't love it, doesn't mean others don't. Adoption agencies have long waiting lines of families who would love to adopt a newborn. These fetuses would have been adopted and loved had they been allowed to be born. So why were the thousands of fetuses who caused no unusual risk to the mother aborted, and sent to a waste to energy plant? Love of self. Child birth is hard. And if you don't love the child coming out as much as you love yourself there's no reason to do it. And the people who agree with that position have no problem performing a procedure to alleviate the problem. And they have discovered a way to make themselves feel even better about it, by transforming the discarded fetus to energy. I'm praying to see more outrage over this practice but fear that it may come to be seen as practical over the next few years.

https://news.google.com/news?ncl=dKEt2c ... CDQQqgIwAA

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 03-26-2014 12:36 AM

Horrifying. It's like what the **** has happened to us?
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-26-2014 09:33 AM

BenSlain wrote: Horrifying. It's like what the **** has happened to us?

I hear ya.

And, look, I'm not even trying to debate, pass judgement on the abortion issue.

My concern is, when did we move to the "using people as fuel" line of thinking.

OK, a case can - and has been made, that in hospitals some places routinely incinerate body parts. It's been happening for a long time now, and this is "old news".

Not so fast. When a person say, has a limb amputated, chances are, yes, that body part may be incinerated. May not be. Some may be "donated to science". In these cases, patients agree and sign-off stating that what is removed can be used by medical students in a cadaver lab, which is where they learn anatomy.

When I worked a long time at at University of Newbraks Medical Center in Omaha, they had an extensive cadaver lab that all of their students from those going to med school, though nursing to allied health techs got to use in their classes.

This is different. This practice presupposes a number of issues. As is being shown in the British media, in some cases aborted fetuses and miscarried infants are just being taken and - again, in some cases, with no option being given the mother, taken away and incinerated with the goal of providing heat to the building.

I dunno - to me, this is goulish. I see a difference between the removal of an amputated body part, or some otherwise surgically-removed body part such as a gallbladder, and having it disposed of recognizing the need to do so safely so that all precautions are maintained, and these cases where a whole body is incinerated - often times with no input frmo the family members concenring the post mortem care of the body. Some mothers/ parents grieve not only because of the initial process itself, but many people also need some form of closure as well, which seems to be denied parents in what appears to be an increasingly growing number of cases.

Here in New England (I don't know what it's like in other parts of the country), we have some very old cemetaries. Some date back to the 1600s and for all their age, are remarkably well-kept. I recall seeing when I was young, as we would go to a funeral, a section of the cemetary that was a section unto itself with either very small headstones, or headstones with a small lamb on top. Asking the obvious question I was told that these were the graves of very small children - either children that died in childbirth, were stillborn or died very young.

I dunno, maybe it's me and maybe I'm making way too much out of this, but using a person's remains for the sole purpose of heating a building is, to me, uncaring at least. Barbaric at the other extreme. If parents were being asked or at least informed, prior to disposal of the remains, and they agreed, then fine. But to do this without even taking the simple extra step of explaining, "Look, this is what we normally do. Is this what you want.... or will you want to make other arrangments.....??" To me, this is a very simple thing to do and would take all of what, ten seconds?

Again, not trying to fight the abortion battle here..... Just concerned with what healthcare is turning into.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-26-2014 10:39 AM

It appears that some on this Planet have turned into "Savages" and I don't include you & I into the equation.

Something else has been brought to my attention, by some very savie gay friends of mine. They have suggested that they and the "war on women" campaign are being used by the federal goberment, in not only dividing us, but actually using them for "population control". America has a disease of the mind and heart. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like being "propagandized" into the "savage" reactions I see from people, because of pure ignorance. :(
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”