My prediction Came True

Moderator: Super Moderators

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-31-2014 06:43 PM

Raggedyann wrote: Good point about Bill Maher. He is indeed crude but parents have the ability to screen what their kids watch at home. But really, how many kids are watching Bill Maher? The Christie antics are viewable on TV at supper time without a parental warning.

Interesting that Greek testosterone is to be admired when so many other cultural differences in our society are deeply resented.

Not sure I said Greek testosterone is to be admired while we resent many other cultural differences. Name the other cultural differences we are maligning?

Good grief you act like Chris Christie calling someone an idiot is so egregious and shocking for the little ones. At least he didn't call someone the C word like Bill Maher. I know you know how sophisticated those little ones are today and I doubt seriously they will be enlightened into the darker ways of the world by Chris Christie.

Now that you mention it I can remember when the Bill Clinton and the intern situation came to light and each night whether radio or television the newscaster had to ask that the children be put away as we were now discussing - well you know.
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-31-2014 07:23 PM

Diogenes wrote: Not sure I said Greek testosterone is to be admired while we resent many other cultural differences. Name the other cultural differences we are maligning?

Good grief you act like Chris Christie calling someone an idiot is so egregious and shocking for the little ones. At least he didn't call someone the C word like Bill Maher. I know you know how sophisticated those little ones are today and I doubt seriously they will be enlightened into the darker ways of the world by Chris Christie.

Now that you mention it I can remember when the Bill Clinton and the intern situation came to light and each night whether radio or television the newscaster had to ask that the children be put away as we were now discussing - well you know.

OK Dio, so calling the people that elected you to office "idiots" and telling them to "shut up" is fine by you. Somehow I just know that if a Liberal behaved in this fashion you would be disgusted, as I would be and therein lies the difference between you and I.

I guess I misinterpreted the Greek male hormone comment you made. I thought you thought this was positive Greek trait. My mistake.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 04-01-2014 05:39 AM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 04-01-2014 09:20 AM

Doka -- hi!

There were links off Drudge - re Dems being brought to justice - some was about some CA state Dems, another was about a former NY mayor ...few others as well.

I might have it in my files as I tend to copy/paste info into a folder as they tend to "conveniently" disappear. Will try to remember to dig into files I have later this week.

===

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 04-01-2014 10:48 AM

Fan wrote: um no, you said the world was run by liberals, just pointing out that 2 terms of republicans proves this theory untrue.

Who said the world was run by Liberals???????

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 04-01-2014 11:01 AM

Raggedyann wrote: OK Dio, so calling the people that elected you to office "idiots" and telling them to "shut up" is fine by you. Somehow I just know that if a Liberal behaved in this fashion you would be disgusted, as I would be and therein lies the difference between you and I.

I guess I misinterpreted the Greek male hormone comment you made. I thought you thought this was positive Greek trait. My mistake.

RA,

I see you edited your #31 post, where you referred to the many other cultural differences we are maligning - again I ask you who are they or did you mispeak? Whether you interpreted or misinterpreted my comments, you obviously are concerned about maligning other cultures and not sure what that had to do with anything.

My comments regarding Christie were in response to you worrying about the little children and the impact he would have on them with his belligerence - it had nothing to do with Libs and Republicans. In other words my comments had nothing to do with being partisan.

I have to tell you with all we have to worry us in the US relative to parenting and the myriad of influences on children - the last thing on anyone's mind is Chris Christie.

Why don't you read up on the percentage on black children born with no fathers in the US. It's over 70% and I can assure that is far more detrimental to society than Chris Christie and his temperment.

Edited to say: just for the record I enjoy sparring with you more than anyone.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-01-2014 07:49 PM

Diogenes wrote: RA,

I see you edited your #31 post, where you referred to the many other cultural differences we are maligning - again I ask you who are they or did you mispeak? Whether you interpreted or misinterpreted my comments, you obviously are concerned about maligning other cultures and not sure what that had to do with anything.

My comments regarding Christie were in response to you worrying about the little children and the impact he would have on them with his belligerence - it had nothing to do with Libs and Republicans. In other words my comments had nothing to do with being partisan.

I have to tell you with all we have to worry us in the US relative to parenting and the myriad of influences on children - the last thing on anyone's mind is Chris Christie.

Why don't you read up on the percentage on black children born with no fathers in the US. It's over 70% and I can assure that is far more detrimental to society than Chris Christie and his temperment.

Edited to say: just for the record I enjoy sparring with you more than anyone.

I made no further comment about ethnic differences after the first one. I did edit my posts because the new comments I made re Liberals and Conservatives, fell into the category of "boring windbag".

I do notice though, that Republican politicians seem to be very concerned about the ethnicity of lazy good for nothing poor people.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 04-01-2014 09:10 PM

Raggedyann wrote: I made no further comment about ethnic differences after the first one. I did edit my posts because the new comments I made re Liberals and Conservatives, fell into the category of "boring windbag".

I do notice though, that Republican politicians seem to be very concerned about the ethnicity of lazy good for nothing poor people.

RA, you are never a boring windbag and I don’t care what they say.

:D

OK I will bite - so who are these Republican politicians who are concerned about the “ethnicity” of lazy good for nothing poor people. Links or videos???????

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-01-2014 10:41 PM

Diogenes wrote: RA, you are never a boring windbag and I don’t care what they say.

:D

OK I will bite - so who are these Republican politicians who are concerned about the “ethnicity” of lazy good for nothing poor people. Links or videos???????

Who's "they"? :D

Look it up for yourself, if you're genuinely interested. I'm not going to bother because I don't think you are.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 04-01-2014 10:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 04-02-2014 09:15 AM

Raggedyann wrote: Who's "they"? :D

Look it up for yourself, if you're genuinely interested. I'm not going to bother because I don't think you are.

You don't think I are what???????

You made a fairly bold and one of those broad sweeping statements you crtiticize others for - so back it up.

I am interested in exactly who is the Republican politician who specifically calls out "lazy good for nothing poor people based upon ethnicity."

If they are there I would like to see that.

Perhaps you are referring to me relative to my comment about 70% of all black children are born without fathers. That is a fact and was in response to you being so concerned about Chris Christie and his influence on the little children and my comment was look at that statistic if you want to worry about the children. Those kids barely have a chance and that is truly tragic.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 04-02-2014 04:19 PM

Sound statistics are facts.

Statistics from partisan web sites are to attempt to bolden an argument.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 04-03-2014 09:45 AM

voguy wrote: Sound statistics are facts.

Statistics from partisan web sites are to attempt to bolden an argument.

I couldn't agree more. The statistics I quoted appear to run across the board from many and various sites.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 04-03-2014 04:23 PM

Hopefully people here in Ohio will have the common sense to ignore the ads and when it comes to Bohner getting re-elected, dump him like the scrotum he is.

BTW, has anyone found this interesting:
High court decision could lead to more political ads

The Supreme Court on Wednesday struck down the overall cap on individual donations to candidates and political parties, a move that could result in more money being spent in close races, observers say. "This news clearly will have an impact, particularly in markets where we have tossup races," said TVB Chief Research Officer Stacey Lynn Schulman, who added that "high-net-worth individuals" will be able to "spread the wealth around" to more campaigns as a result of the decision.

LINK

While I'm happy to see revenue come our way, I think we will see the BIGGEST level of ads on radio and TV in decades, the majority of which will be lies and mud slinging.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Hmmm...

Post by Riddick » 10-06-2018 07:10 PM

voguy wrote: 03-29-2014 09:19 AM
Riddick wrote: Nice enough I suppose, though not as nice as if politicians were universally held accountable for all the crap they do.
I'm sure Mary Jo Kopechne was just going for a swim.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”