Obama's Ruby Ridge?

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Obama's Ruby Ridge?

Post by kbot » 04-12-2014 06:31 AM

Well, it seems that the war between militia groups and the government may be heating-up again.........

Militias head to Nevada rancher’s standoff with feds: We’re not ‘afraid to shoot’

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s decades-long battle against the federal government over grazing rights has heated to the point where militia groups have joined in and taken up spots against the feds who’ve circled his land — and talk is, they’re not afraid to open fire.

A spokesman for the one of the militia groups said as much to local 8 News Now: I’m not “afraid to shoot,” he said.

Margaret Houston, Mr. Bundy’s sister and a cancer survivor, said at a town hall gathering this week that the situation “was like a war zone” and that she felt “like I was not in the United States,” The Daily Mail reported.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal described it this way: “Serious bloodshed was narrowly avoided,” in a story about how dogs were unleashed on a woman who was pregnant while the rancher’s son was hit with a taser.

On Tuesday, armed Bureau of Land Management agents stormed Mr. Bundy’s property, escalating a court dispute that’s wound for two decades over the rancher’s refusal to pay for grazing fees.

PHOTOS: Top 10 handguns in the U.S.

Mr. Bundy’s view is that he owns his property — that it’s been in his family’s hands for centuries — and he doesn’t have to pay for his own 900-head of cattle to graze on the 600,000 acre Gold Butte property.

The government, meanwhile, says the land belongs to it, and agents have swooped and circled, closing off roadway access to the property and flying helicopters overhead the family’s home.

Following the agent occupation, one of Mr. Bundy’s sons, Ammon Bundy, was tasered by a federal official to the point that blood seeped through his shirt, video showed. Ms. Houston, meanwhile, said she was roughed up and manhandled by authorities, telling town hall attendees that she was “hit from the back; it was like a football tackle” and that “they just took me and threw me down to the ground,” The Daily Mail reported.

BLM, for its part, says the situation only turned violent when protesters who rallied to the family’s defense kicked a K-9 unit officer.

Now militia groups are on the scene, promising to help the Bundys keep up the fight.

“This is what we do, we provide armed response,” Jim Lordy, with Operation Mutual Aid, told the local broadcast station. “They have guns. We need guns to protect ourselves from the tyrannical government.”

Mr. Lordy also said “many more” militia groups are coming to the site to join in the Bundy family defense.

“They all tell me they are in the process of mobilizing as we speak,” another member told the Review-Journal.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ds-were-n/
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 04-12-2014 10:13 AM

According to some more reports: The BLM took 200 cattle - whether they slaughtered them or sold them is unknown.

The value of the 200 head is over $913,800. According to the report the disputed area has been used by the Bundy family for over 140 years to graze the cattle. Up until a few years back, Bundy had paid the local County for grazing. THEN the feds took the land.
http://www.infowars.com/breaking-sen-ha ... ndy-ranch/ BLM attempted cover-up of Sen. Reid/Chinese gov’t takeover of ranch for solar farm

and this paragraph:
“In 2012, the BLM and the U.S. Department of Energy published the Final Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement (PEIS) for Solar Energy Development in Six Southwestern States,” the report reads. “The Final Solar Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement assessed the impact of utility-scale solar energy development on public lands in the six southwestern states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah.”

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-12-2014 11:08 AM

From what I've been able to gather over the years, there's no love lost between people out west and Washington - I've had the chance to speak with people from out West over the years and in their view, the folks in DC are imposing their will and their ideas on a part of the country that they know nothing about..... I look at episodes such as this, and the recent news that the spigot's been shut off to California, and I'd be upset too......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 04-12-2014 10:35 PM

Maybe they should send Bo Gritz if he is still alive, that is .....:o

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 04-12-2014 11:16 PM

Harry Reid didn't like the attention he was getting.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-13-2014 09:48 AM

BenSlain wrote: Harry Reid didn't like the attention he was getting.

I read that Harry Reid and his son are involved with the construction of a wind farm in the area, using an array made with Chinese equipment. Don't know if its true to not, but if trued I am amazed that with American wind farm companies struggling for business that a US senator would go and purchase equipment from a Chinese firm over an American one. We have one such company less than a mile form my house that could use the business.....

Anyway, just saw this......

Safety concerns led to Nevada cow release, federal land managers say

Federal land managers say "escalating tensions" led them to release all 400 or so head of cattle rounded up on public land in southern Nevada from a rancher who has refused to recognize their authority.

Bureau of Land Management Chief Neil Kornze announced an abrupt halt to the weeklong roundup just hours before the release.

"Based on information about conditions on the ground and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concerns about the safety of employees and members of the public," Kornze said in a statement.

Hundreds of states' rights protesters, including militia members, showed up at corrals outside Mesquite to demand the animals' return to rancher Cliven Bundy. Some protesters were armed with handguns and rifles at the corrals and at an earlier nearby rally.

Las Vegas Police Lt. Dan Zehnder said the showdown was resolved with no injuries and no violence. Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie was able to negotiate a resolution after talking with Bundy, he said.

The fight between Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management widened into a debate about states' rights and federal land-use policy. The dispute that ultimately triggered the roundup dates to 1993, when the bureau cited concern for the federally protected tortoise in the region. The bureau revoked Bundy's grazing rights after he stopped paying grazing fees and disregarded federal court orders to remove his animals.

Kornze's announcement came after Bundy repeatedly promised to "do whatever it takes" to protect his property and after a string of raucous confrontations between his family members and supporters and federal agents during the weeklong operation.

Bundy did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Republican Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval issued a statement praising the agency for its willingness to listen to the state's concerns. He earlier criticized the agency for creating "an atmosphere of intimidation" and trying to confine protesters to a fenced-in "First Amendment area" well away from the sprawling roundup area.

"The safety of all individuals involved in this matter has been my highest priority," Sandoval said. "Given the circumstances, today's outcome is the best we could have hoped for."

Nevada's congressional delegation urged the protesters to be calm and to leave the area.

"The dispute is over, the BLM is leaving, but emotions and tensions are still near the boiling point, and we desperately need a peaceful conclusion to this conflict," U.S. Sen. Dean Heller, R-Nev., said in a statement. "I urge all the people involved to please return to your homes and allow the BLM officers to collect their equipment and depart without interference."

The 400 cows gathered during the roundup were short of the BLM's goal of 900 cows that it says have been trespassing on U.S. land without required grazing permits for over 20 years.

Bundy, 67, doesn't recognize federal authority on land he insists belongs to Nevada. His Mormon family has operated a ranch since the 1870s near the small town of Bunkerville and the Utah and Arizona lines.

"Good morning America, good morning world, isn't it a beautiful day in Bunkerville?" Bundy told a cheering crowd after his cattle were released, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The crowd protesting Saturday recited the pledge of allegiance, and many offered prayers. Others waved placards reading, "This land is your land," and "We teach our children not to bully. How do we teach our government not to be big bullies?" according to the newspaper.

It's the latest skirmish since the 1980s when the Sagebrush Rebellion challenged federal ownership of Nevada rangeland ranchers said was rightfully theirs.

A federal judge in Las Vegas first ordered Bundy to remove his trespassing cattle in 1998. The bureau was implementing two federal court orders last year to remove Bundy's cattle after making repeated efforts to resolve the matter outside court, Kornze said, adding the rancher has not paid grazing fees in 20 years.

"This is a matter of fairness and equity, and we remain disappointed that Cliven Bundy continues to not comply with the same laws that 16,000 public-lands ranchers do every year," Kornze said. "After 20 years and multiple court orders to remove the trespass cattle, Mr. Bundy owes the American taxpayers in excess of $1 million. The BLM will continue to work to resolve the matter administratively and judicially."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04 ... agers-say/

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 04-13-2014 10:17 AM

Nevada became a state in 1864 -- if the Bundy family has been grazing that land since 1870s -- they have a better ownership claim than the BLM!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-13-2014 02:01 PM

From what I understand - and believe me, I'm not an authority on this, but it appears that the government either owns, or claims ownership of nearly 80% of the western states. That's a lot of mineral rights.

One Youtube clip I saw on this episode was from an Air Force vet, apparently recently returned from fighting in the Mideast, and she's upset with the government. In her view, the US government is bent more on stripping countries of the natural resources than in supporting democratically-elected governments and sees the government doing the same here in this case in Nevada by seizing land under the UNs Agenda 21 platform.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-14-2014 08:58 AM

is this basically over now? I can't believe no one got droned.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 04-14-2014 09:49 AM

kbot - yes sad to say the feds still own a lot of land in western states. When these territories became states, they should have had control of the lands - with exception of national parks. NV is 85+% owned by the feds. There was a list posted in chat about 10 states with 65% or higher "ownership and control" by the federal government. For some reason when the territories became states - this was never changed.

For well over a century the Bundy family paid grazing rights to the county. (IE state)

---
Now we hear from Utah - where the BLM controls land where wild horses run (and grazing rights for cattle as well). It seems that the BLM has "rules" about how many wild horses are allowed to inhabit those grazing lands. Thing is the BLM has done nothing to follow their own laws and the herds have way exceeded the amount that can graze on the lands. Now those lands have been so overgrazed there are major problems.

---
Again go back to the Reid situation and the desire to make huge solar panel lands. (Reid and son)
---

And we look at the lands supposedly under the control of the BLM - forests where we've had large forest fires because - oh gee - stopped roads for firefighters to get to the heart of fires. This all needs to be seriously looked at - and if it is because the BLM has failed to take care of the lands - and the fires have caused losses - do those people have the right to sue the BLM for homes destroyed with forest fires? OR if the feds still own so much land in these states - are they not responsible for ALL roads, etc. as well?? Yet its the states that are held responsible?

It is the proverbial can of worms!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-14-2014 10:52 AM

Fan wrote: is this basically over now? I can't believe no one got droned.

From what I've heard its not over - the BLM s changing their focus from direct confrontation to going the judicial route. At some point though, if the courts rule in BLMs favor, I would think that there would still be some direct action taken to enforce the court's ruling.

Yeah, I wondered by a no-fly zone was ordered......

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-14-2014 10:54 AM

Cherry Kelly wrote: kbot - yes sad to say the feds still own a lot of land in western states. When these territories became states, they should have had control of the lands - with exception of national parks. NV is 85+% owned by the feds. There was a list posted in chat about 10 states with 65% or higher "ownership and control" by the federal government. For some reason when the territories became states - this was never changed.

For well over a century the Bundy family paid grazing rights to the county. (IE state)

---
Now we hear from Utah - where the BLM controls land where wild horses run (and grazing rights for cattle as well). It seems that the BLM has "rules" about how many wild horses are allowed to inhabit those grazing lands. Thing is the BLM has done nothing to follow their own laws and the herds have way exceeded the amount that can graze on the lands. Now those lands have been so overgrazed there are major problems.

---
Again go back to the Reid situation and the desire to make huge solar panel lands. (Reid and son)
---

And we look at the lands supposedly under the control of the BLM - forests where we've had large forest fires because - oh gee - stopped roads for firefighters to get to the heart of fires. This all needs to be seriously looked at - and if it is because the BLM has failed to take care of the lands - and the fires have caused losses - do those people have the right to sue the BLM for homes destroyed with forest fires? OR if the feds still own so much land in these states - are they not responsible for ALL roads, etc. as well?? Yet its the states that are held responsible?

It is the proverbial can of worms!

Good points, especially if the BLM is making things worse and what is happening to all that money this family's paid? Is there some creative bookkeeping at work?

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 04-14-2014 02:44 PM

kbot -- more news seen today - the BLM either sold some of the cattle and "now offering to split $$ with Bundy's" -- have not had time to check this out as it was just posted by someone who was there.

BTW some militia plan to stay around, help get cattle back on grazing land area and keep watch... don't know how long.

----
OH ya more about the ahh so called TURTLES - also connected to more of Reid's shady deals... INFO found:

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 04-14-2014 03:41 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Nevada became a state in 1864 -- if the Bundy family has been grazing that land since 1870s -- they have a better ownership claim than the BLM!
How so?
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-14-2014 03:47 PM

The thing is he was refusing to pay federal agencies fees, correct? He was paying the state but not the fed? I have not kept up on this, seems a pretty local thing. I guess I don't get the deal here, I own property, but I still have to pay all sorts of people fees and taxes for the right to live here.

This sort of thing happened here, with Natives, and the gov called in the full-blown army (despite provincial jurisdiction and laws against this sort of thing).

The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”