Obama's Ruby Ridge?

Moderator: Super Moderators

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 04-26-2014 12:14 AM

Buy the way. Al sharpton has stated many times that the use of the word "thug" is a racist term. So let's not use that word when talking about this guy or the left wing will have to back away from supporting the attack.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-26-2014 01:38 AM

BenSlain wrote: He did not walk around with an army of thugs. He's just some dude from a farm. A American farmer. The "thugs" showed up later.

He knew the feds were coming and he as soon as he realized the feds were serious, he organized a militia to stop the confiscation of his cattle. Doesn't matter how you cut it, he was forewarned.
Rugwell notified Bundy in an April 3 letter that his cattle would be rounded up and impounded because the herd has been roaming for 18 years "without authorization in areas that are closed to grazing" and in violation of a 1998 federal court injunction to stop grazing cattle on public lands.

The letter said Bundy would be contacted after all the cattle had been gathered and he would be allowed to claim any that bear his brand.

After learning that the BLM had forged a contract with Cattoor Livestock Roundup Inc. to gather and impound his cattle, Bundy notified the company and its operators Saturday that "there is a volatile situation currently taking place."

"While Cliven Bundy is not asserting any accusatory statement directly against the Cattoors or their companies as to their being hired to confiscate his property ... Cliven Bundy will do whatever it takes to protect his property and rights and liberty and freedoms and those of, We the People, of Clark County Nevada," his letter said.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevad ... ine-events
Last edited by Raggedyann on 04-26-2014 01:48 AM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-26-2014 02:46 AM

BenSlain wrote: Buy the way. Al sharpton has stated many times that the use of the word "thug" is a racist term. So let's not use that word when talking about this guy or the left wing will have to back away from supporting the attack.

Let's go with "vicious ruffians" then.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-26-2014 04:24 AM

Raggedyann wrote: Let's go with "vicious ruffians" then.
Might I ask we hold on a mo before we go, RA - so much as it may still be a bit too harsh and absent neutrality for more sensitive readers, how about for 'Thugs' rather than "Vicious ruffians" we substitute "Societally challenged rapscallions"?

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 04-26-2014 07:23 AM

Desperadoes!
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 04-26-2014 10:37 AM

So the Bundy family had been grazing cattle on the land what 150-160+years and then it became illegal. He had been paying Clarke County - until all of a sudden the BLM demanded - what higher monies to graze?

OR could it be the truth - REID wanted the land (just like the land 35 miles away) to put in solar panels? Reid and sons - the connection to China.
SO when did it become LEGAL to take BLM land and cover it with solar panels? Or earlier when Reid changed the laws to sell land to make a golf course and community? (Coyote Springs) or when did it become legal to change so more housing could be made on other BLM and gov't lands?
Or when did it become legal for BLM to seize land land owned by a family down in NM - that was owned b4 NM became a state? Or BLM to plan to seize 90K acres TX/OK border?

GOV'T OUT OF CONTROL!

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 04-26-2014 10:39 AM

Raggedyann --

You believed the media hype that conveniently left out the whole quote. Just like many other people because the media hype wanted you to believe the way you do.

MAYBE YOU need to reread the REAL quote and note the word

WONDERED

-----!

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 04-26-2014 11:31 AM

Raggedyann wrote: Don't take me seriously then. I don't particularly care how you take me.

Bundy referred to Black people in general. I found his comments ignorant, racist and most of all sad. But if his comments are an example of Republican tradition, that's pretty appalling to me.

Let's not confuse conservatism with the views of the backwards fringe element of the Republican party. As long as the more sane members refuse to admonish these pathetic dinosaurs, because they know the twits have a significant backwards voting base, then I will continue expressing my disgust for the whole lot of them.

Granted, they have now distanced themselves from Bundy but only because an election is coming up and they know the backwards element would not be enough to carry them to a win at the national level.

As for me being a one man band, if it doesn't bother me why would it bother you? I've never been one to conform to a clique mentality.

I post about all sorts of other things not just politics, so don't go exaggerating now.

RA,

Bundy is an old man and probably gets a bit jangled in his thought processes at times. I doubt very seriously he is a racist and further he has a Black man who works for him and will attest by Bundy's treatment of him that he is not - so that probably speaks volumes there.

Apparently in your mind if someone has the temerity to cite facts which may not be complimentary towards one race or another then obviously that individual is coming from a racist viewpoint.

Try watching the unedited version of Bundy's remarks.

http://clashdaily.com/2014/04/bundy-unc ... ist-words/

Relative to the one man band theory and being non conformist - it just seems to me your truth, fact finding and useful idiots meter points one way the majority of the time.
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-26-2014 02:38 PM

Cherry and Dio

Oh stop defending this old coot. He's a racist radical and he has been all his life. IMHO :D

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-26-2014 02:42 PM

BenSlain wrote: Desperadoes!

How romantic for a bunch of "Societally challenged rapscallions". :)
Last edited by Raggedyann on 04-26-2014 03:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-26-2014 03:09 PM

Riddick wrote: Might I ask we hold on a mo before we go, RA - so much as it may still be a bit too harsh and absent neutrality for more sensitive readers, how about for 'Thugs' rather than "Vicious ruffians" we substitute "Societally challenged rapscallions"?

My description of "Vicious ruffians" comes from Websters definition of "Thug". Obviously they need to update. :D

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 04-26-2014 03:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raggedyann
Cherry and Dio

Oh stop defending this old coot. He's a racist radical and he has been all his life. IMHO :D
[/QUOTE

The truth is you don't really know that to be the case.

We do know about Robert Byrd and his time with the Klan and comments after he left the group. Can you imagine a Republican serving in the Senate as Robert Byrd did?

Senator Robert Byrd was a Kleagle, a Klan recruiter, in his 20s and 30s.
West Virginia's Democratic United States Senator Robert C. Byrd was a recruiter for the Klan while in his 20s and 30s, rising to the title of Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops of his local chapter. After leaving the group, Byrd spoke in favor of the Klan during his early political career. Though he claimed to have left the organization in 1943, Byrd wrote a letter in 1946 to the group's Imperial Wizard stating "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia." Byrd defended the Klan in his 1958 U.S. Senate campaign when he was 41 years old.[9]

Despite being the only Senator to vote against both African American U.S. Supreme Court nominees (liberal Thurgood Marshall and conservative Clarence Thomas) and filibustering the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Byrd has since said joining the Klan was his "greatest mistake." The NAACP gave him a 100% rating on their issues during the 108th Congress.[10] However, in a 2001 incident Byrd repeatedly used the phrase "white ******s" on a national television broadcast.[11]
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-26-2014 07:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diogenes
Can you imagine a Republican serving in the Senate as Robert Byrd did?
[QUOTE]

Yup.

According to Republicans, racism doesn't exist anymore. This sentiment has even been expressed on this forum in various threads.

But looky what happened today:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... games.html

I certainly believe that most average Americans are not racist. If they were, America wouldn't have an African American President. Racism is still alive and well.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 04-26-2014 08:03 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-26-2014 08:40 PM

BenSlain wrote: If he needed to be picked up the local sherif could have nabbed him at the gas station or the feed store. Instead the approached him with am army.

What if I got court order to come to your houses and pick up your guns. I know you have some cause they made you register them. I know most guys I work with would have no problem doing this. Personally I would hang up my belt and go home.

Basis for lawfulness? Sure. This is why we protest on the streets. Sit at lunch counters and ride in the front of the bus. I thought we were all for protest here.

They were not trying to arrest him, they were trying to confiscate the cattle he was letting roam on federal lands... or move them off, not really clear what, but he was not under threat of arrest as far as I know.

How can you be a cop and say you would quit if asked to do one of seemingly many things you disagree with? I mean, did you quit over something? If not how did you have an entire career without disagreeing with one single thing?
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-26-2014 09:18 PM

The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”