What a difference a term makes......

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

What a difference a term makes......

Post by kbot » 07-02-2014 11:11 AM

Harken back to the days when people here, as well as around the world, couldn't get enough of Obama......

Honestly, I would have thought "43" or even Ray-gun" would have taken the "worst" prize..........

Snippet:

Obama rated WORST president since World War II in embarrassing new poll

Americans think sitting President Barack Obama is the nation's worst leader since the last World War, according to a poll released this morning.

A third of Americans singled-out Obama as their least favorite president since 1945 in Quinnipiac University's latest presidential poll, just ahead of George W. Bush, who received 28 percent of the vote.

In a head-to-head match-up between the two most recent presidents, Bush and Obama, Bush narrowly came out the victor, with 40 percent of survey-takers saying he was a better president than Obama and 39 percent saying he was worse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -poll.html
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

"If You Like Your Plan, You Can Keep Your Plan. Your Do

Post by Riddick » 07-02-2014 12:48 PM

Q: Why is O also the "Wurst" president?

A: With Barry, it's all about the baloney.

juslilolme
Pirate

Post by juslilolme » 07-02-2014 02:44 PM

Now that the public is turning against him, I'll bet he instructed his cabinet to find every way they can to make it even worse.
Last edited by juslilolme on 07-02-2014 05:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-02-2014 03:37 PM

juslilolme wrote: Now that the public is turning against him, I'll bet he instructed his cabinet to find every way they can make it even worse.
With the ultimate goal of cinching the title of Worst Wurst EVAR!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-02-2014 06:31 PM

In a way, I AM surprised by this development. I guess that polls can, like any statistic, be made to appear different from reality. I wonder if they polled a different group of people if the results would track along the same lines or not....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-02-2014 09:35 PM

IF Obama don't get what HE wants - he'll just EO it... and do so while congress takes summer vacation.

Like a two yr old with a temper tantrum.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-03-2014 11:20 AM

And, right on cue.......

Snippet:

Obama’s “So Sue Me” Taunt Has Bipartisan Appeal

President Obama taunted Republicans on Tuesday. “Middle-class families can’t wait for Republicans in Congress to do stuff,” he said. “So sue me.” He was referring to House Speaker John Boehner's proposed lawsuit charging that Obama has overstepped his executive authority. “As long as they’re doing nothing, I’m not going to apologize for trying to do something,” Obama added.

The president spoke at the Key Bridge that connects Virginia to Washington to make a point about infrastructure legislation that is currently stuck in Congress. But the combative talk offers a good lens through which to view this year’s midterm elections.

If you work in the White House, you will think that “so sue me” is a great line. It is a punchy way to show the president fighting and engaged on behalf of the middle class, and it makes a point that Obama aides have been trying to make since the State of the Union: that House Republicans are engaged in meaningless votes to repeal Obamacare, endless hearings, and now a lawsuit all to score political points, while the president is straining every muscle to work for the middle class. If the election becomes a referendum on an unpopular president, that's bad for Democrats. This construction asks voters—particularly the handful who will vote but remain undecided—to compare the president's efforts to the even more unpopular Republicans in Congress.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ue_me.html

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-03-2014 11:29 AM

And the spins continues...........

Snippets:

MSNBC Downplays Poll Showing Obama Worst Modern Prez; Hyped Same Poll When Bush Was Worst

A Quinnipiac University poll published on July 2 found that 33 percent of Americans view President Obama as America’s worst modern president compared to 28 percent who picked George W. Bush.

Following the release of the poll, Chuck Todd, NBC News Chief White House Correspondent, Political Director and host of “The Daily Rundown” dismissed the findings and argued “these great and worst lists, they’re terrible...because they always reflect the moment in time.” In contrast, MSNBC struck a much different tone in 2006 when Quinnipiac found that President Bush was rated America’s worst modern president. [See video below.]

Appearing on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Reports Wednesday afternoon, Todd argued that “these great and worst lists, they are terrible whenever you poll them, they’re terrible poll questions because they always reflect the moment in time. The public isn't having, taking this historical -- you know, if you sat there and then said, here are the accomplishments and failures of each of these presidents, Nixon would come out on top, okay?”

While Todd was certainly willing to downplay the significance of the 2014 poll, on June 2, 2006 NBC’s Norah O’Donnell called a similar Quinnipiac poll that ranked President Bush America’s worst modern president and a “devastatingly stark message to the president.”

Filling in as host on Hardball, O’Donnell proclaimed “a new poll shows that Americans now consider President Bush an even worse president than Nixon, who resigned from office of course in the wake of the Watergate scandal. President Bush has been badly hurt by Iraq and perceptions that he is too detached from the problems there or within his own

MSNBC

Andrea Mitchell Reports

July 2, 2014

12:18 p.m. Eastern

CHRIS CILLIZZA: A new poll out today finds that President Barack Obama is viewed as the worst president we've had since World War II. These numbers come as Obama is ramping up his rhetorical fight with Republicans in Congress. Joining me now for our “Daily Fix” is Bloomberg News political reporter Gene Cummings and Chuck Todd, who has many titles, including NBC News Chief White House Correspondent, Political Director and host of “The Daily Rundown” here on MSNBC.

Okay, the poll is granted a snapshot in time but I do want to run through this. Quinnipiac University from the great state of Connecticut conducted this poll, they asked, who is the worst president since World War II? 33 percent Obama, 28 percent George W. Bush, 13 percent, Richard Nixon and 8 percent Jimmy Carter. Chuck what do you make of this? This is not in a vacuum, the president’s poll numbers more broadly, approval rating have been bad.

CHUCK TODD: These great and worst lists, they are terrible whenever you poll them, they’re terrible poll questions because they always reflect the moment in time. The public isn't having, taking this historical -- you know, if you sat there and then said, here are the accomplishments and failures of each of these presidents, Nixon would come out on top, okay? At the end of the day--

CILLIZZA: There’s a recency effect essentially.

TODD: Right there is some of that. So people just think of where it is in the moment in time. And by the way, when you look inside the numbers, it's a bunch of Republicans are saying this about Obama--

GENE CUMMINGS: Oh yeah. It’s so partisan.

TODD: And a bunch of Democrats saying are that about Bush.

CILLIZZA: And they did this is ‘06 and guess what George W. Bush was the president.

CUMMINGS: The scale of partisanship in this thing is 90 percent.

CILLIZZA: That may be the takeaway, which we know. There’s more partisanship than ever.

MSNBC

Hardball with Chris Matthews

June 2, 2006

Fill-in host NORAH O'DONNELL: But first, a new poll shows that Americans now consider President Bush an even worse president than Nixon, who resigned from office of course in the wake of the Watergate scandal. President Bush has been badly hurt by Iraq and perceptions that he is too detached from the problems there or within his own administration

O'DONNELL: Welcome back to "HARDBALL Hotshots" with Joe Scarborough, Margaret Carlson and Craig Crawford. Next up, ouch. A new Quinnipiac poll sends a devastatingly stark message to the president. Thirty-four percent say that he`s the worst president in history. Richard Nixon takes second place, followed by Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter. Can anything short of a major, unforeseen event save the Bush presidency? Can he get anything done that he could have done without Iraq hanging over him? Joe, worse than Nixon?

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Well, first of all, I've just got to say, if you have worse ratings from the American people than Richard Nixon or Jimmy Carter, you`ve earned them.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-me ... same-poll-

I remember when people used to rag on Bush, and when MSNBC used to criticize Fox when they viewed that network as giving "43" a pass.

How the worm does turn.........

Riddick
Pirate

You Want Fries With That?

Post by Riddick » 07-03-2014 03:31 PM

kbot wrote: In a way, I AM surprised by this development. I guess that polls can, like any statistic, be made to appear different from reality. I wonder if they polled a different group of people if the results would track along the same lines or not....
Good question. HAVE Americans indeed lost their taste for the same old same old? So much it's all there is on the menu right now, relentlessly shoved down our collective throats, even when dressed up it's none too appetizing -

If the poll DOES reflect midterm attitudes, IMHO Dem candidates ought well steer clear of 'O's Sandwich Shoppe'

Have It Your Way* at O's Sandwich Shoppe
Home of The Baloney King WHOPPER
*Restrictions Apply
    "I don't understand it, America. Monday, you liked baloney. Tuesday, you liked baloney. Wednesday, you liked baloney. Thursday, all of a sudden you don't like baloney?"

kbot
Pirate

Re: You Want Fries With That?

Post by kbot » 07-04-2014 08:43 AM

Riddick wrote: Good question. HAVE Americans indeed lost their taste for the same old same old? So much it's all there is on the menu right now, relentlessly shoved down our collective throats, even when dressed up it's none too appetizing -

Because it IS the "same old, same old...."

It doesn't matter who is in office, or which political party is in office.

BOTH favor lobbyists over people - BOTH favor multinationals and "free trade". BOTH favor shipping jobs overseas and BOTH engage in war. The GOP institutes what Alex Jones calls the total surveillance state, and Obama just expanded on it.

Sure each side has their pet issues - "43" and BIG OIL and the corporate state - "Buy more Hummers!!!", Obama and the welfare state, expansion of EBT cards and Obamaphones - "You can keep your doctor....".

In each's own way, BOTH sides are for the expansion of the welfare state. The question is ""Who get the money, and how much does the middle class get screwed along the way.....???
And ultimately, "who" working in conjunction with multinational corporations and multinational banks, can re-arrange society so much, and so fast, that they collapse the American economy and then get to fly away on a taxpayer-funded golden parachute with taxpayer-funded security for the rest of their lives......

Do I sound cynical????????

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-04-2014 01:07 PM

kbot wrote: Do I sound cynical????????
Well, insomuch I'd say you've done a good job so far as you've gone, hereon it's more a matter of not wanting to wear yourself out eh! - Like Lily Tomlin says, "No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up."

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-04-2014 06:02 PM

Riddick wrote: Well, insomuch I'd say you've done a good job so far as you've gone, hereon it's more a matter of not wanting to wear yourself out eh! - Like Lily Tomlin says, "No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up."

And yet there's so much material to work with!!!!!! :D

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 07-05-2014 03:12 PM

That is the irony isn’t it - there is a plethora of material, sadly.

I thought a woman was going to drain the swamp and clean up the house.

A man's character is his fate

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 07-05-2014 05:13 PM

I guess the white washing and softballs from the MSM has worn thin. BHO was never vetted. The media did everything they could to elect him and keep him in office. The deplorable state of the world and the US that is due to BHO is finally starting to sink in to the sound bite crowd.

Let us hope there is a lot of backlash and conservatives can gain enough control to thwart the destruction he is trying to do.

fos

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 07-05-2014 05:14 PM

The 60 Overtime logo in the bottom of the video with Nancy Pe-Ew-Ucey looks at lot like Bovine at first glance. How fitting.

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”