Ferguson

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-26-2014 12:10 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Now protests all over the USA. WHY? Blocking traffic - Gee what if there were ambulances trying to get to hospitals? Remember the outcry -- east coast slow traffic? Was not that long ago - so where is the outcry now?

Just had an IS person here that had driven down here from her place in Boston, and we were talking about the protests in Boston last night. Where the protesters tried to block access was at a set of on- and off-ramps where Boston Medical Center happens to be located. The facility is located there simply because there is easy access to east-west and north-south traffic. It is also a major trauma center for the entire state and northeast part of the country - not just Boston. So these idiots were potentially endangering lives by playing "Let's pretend it's 1969!!!!!!" .

I don't have a problem with protests - just don't be a complete brain-dead idiot when planning these sort of things......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-26-2014 02:29 PM

kbot - the reading done from the commission report did clearly state that Officer Wilson was informed about the robbery and detail of what the two were wearing when he headed in that direction.

OF course the media downplayed the robbery aspect from the beginning - saying oh just a pack of cigars. AND well the robber and guy who shoved the store manager - could have been someone else... ya like -- that size? let alone the companion -smaller guy...and ya someone else dressed the same? BUT that is what the media shoved aside.

---
I will admit when in college I did participate in some protests - simply sit ins - did not block any buildings or bother others - and we had around 100 or few more at the one. The other one was quite similar - all peaceful. Don't even remember what one was about, other mostly females -- bras.
---

the first autopsy said he had marijuana in his system and some other drug -- maybe the marijuana was laced with other stuff - have heard of that... but was stated by witnesses that Brown just kept getting madder and madder. That Wilson's first shots made Brown stop coming toward the officer, officer quit shooting, then Brown ran toward him "like a football tackler" was description.

It is ok if people do non-violent protests and ok as long as they don't block roads they way they did. As I said before - those who blocked the roads should have been arrested. Especially when you consider there were people injured that needed to medical attention.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-26-2014 05:40 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: kbot - the reading done from the commission report did clearly state that Officer Wilson was informed about the robbery and detail of what the two were wearing when he headed in that direction.

OF course the media downplayed the robbery aspect from the beginning - saying oh just a pack of cigars. AND well the robber and guy who shoved the store manager - could have been someone else... ya like -- that size? let alone the companion -smaller guy...and ya someone else dressed the same? BUT that is what the media shoved aside.

---
I will admit when in college I did participate in some protests - simply sit ins - did not block any buildings or bother others - and we had around 100 or few more at the one. The other one was quite similar - all peaceful. Don't even remember what one was about, other mostly females -- bras.
---

the first autopsy said he had marijuana in his system and some other drug -- maybe the marijuana was laced with other stuff - have heard of that... but was stated by witnesses that Brown just kept getting madder and madder. That Wilson's first shots made Brown stop coming toward the officer, officer quit shooting, then Brown ran toward him "like a football tackler" was description.

It is ok if people do non-violent protests and ok as long as they don't block roads they way they did. As I said before - those who blocked the roads should have been arrested. Especially when you consider there were people injured that needed to medical attention.

Wilson knew about the cigar theft prior to seeing Brown. So? That gives him a license to execute him? Oh right, it does according to the farcical Grand Jury and Wilson's defense lawyer...oops I mean prosecutor.

CK - you have expressed disapproval of protests on a bridge that potentially put lives at risk. Did you feel the same way about Gov Christie when he closed down a bridge to play political games...for four days?

This so called prosecutor put the entire transcript online for all to read in the name of transparency, he says. All the witnesses that testified can now go read each others testimony, thereby tying the hands of the Feds in going after Wilson. Witnesses are not allowed to hear the testimony of other witnesses. I don't know how this would play out for a civil suit.

Further, he announced the decision in the evening to incite rage and rioting and the rest of this crooked crowd of law makers didn't call in National Defense who were on standby either. They pretty much sacrificed the town's businesses to prove their racist bias is merited.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 11-26-2014 07:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-27-2014 09:02 AM

I'm not sure if anything gives anyone the "right" to kill another person.

I know that in catching the talking heads on TV commented from the comfortable confines of their studios that they have no idea what was occurring at the time, what was going through each individual's heads nor what each felt.

I've hear excuses range from - "All the cop had to do was shut the door and keep him (Brown) in sight until back-up arrived", to "All Brown had to do was stop when Wilson told him to".

In fact, both were wrong in their actions in my view.

What has been corroborated by witnesses was evidence is that Brown attacked Wilson inside his car. And I think that, given that, that alone would have been enough to have set-off Wilson.

Personally, they couldn't pay me enough to do what cops do.......... They're in a no-win situation. If attacked, as in this situation, the feeling among the public is that they're not supposed to defend themselves - or, use "minimal force". What is minimal force when a suspect has already attacked you and tried to take your gun away?

I know some cops, or I should say, I know of some cops around here who are absolute creeps and should be locked-up themselves. I know abut cops here locally that have beat kids - some I swear, if they weren't cops they'd be criminals - I think there's a fine line sometimes, personality-wise, because you just have to wonder. I'm not saying that this is the case with Wilson, because I don't know the guy. But, I've seen and heard of cases with some cops, and you have to wonder.....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-27-2014 10:20 AM

I am so curious Ra? Does your Prime Minister go in and continiously meddle in States(Provinces) business? Or are you still reatively free up there? I truely am curious.

As far as this situation goes, I have been trying to think of what I might do when faced with an enraged, charging, 6ft5,300lb person and I had a gun in my hand, uniform or no uniform, what would I do?

I did watch the interview with the officer, in my opinion this is a situation with no happy endings for anyone. The bell cannot be unrung. :(
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-27-2014 01:35 PM

Reminds me of the OJ jury - total nullification and even had the deed been on tape he would have been acquitted.

Really what do we expect in the USA - we all have been race baited at the highest levels - President and Attorney General for starters.

We are now at the point where if you are Black and feel oppressed and put upon it would not matter what the real truth was/is - you simply are going to fall back upon your own prejudice and anger.

This is how a Grand Jury works and frankly I give them credit for taking this on - who in the heck would want to dissect this case. Your name and address will eventually leak out if not already and your home and yours will be subject to the same as the Ferguson Mc Donalds and the rest of those small businesses/businessowners.

No one except the raw Left base can deny even with the election of a Black President - this nation is more divided racially in more than many years.
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-27-2014 01:37 PM

Doka wrote: I am so curious Ra? Does your Prime Minister go in and continiously meddle in States(Provinces) business? Or are you still reatively free up there? I truely am curious.

As far as this situation goes, I have been trying to think of what I might do when faced with an enraged, charging, 6ft5,300lb person and I had a gun in my hand, uniform or no uniform, what would I do?

I did watch the interview with the officer, in my opinion this is a situation with no happy endings for anyone. The bell cannot be unrung. :(

I think if we are honest put yourself or your son or daughter in the position of the policeman and you have this huge bully charging you like a bull - have a gun will travel.
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-27-2014 03:09 PM

Doka wrote: I am so curious Ra? Does your Prime Minister go in and continiously meddle in States(Provinces) business? Or are you still reatively free up there? I truely am curious.(

Criminal Law and Civil Law

The Canadian Constitution delegates the power to make criminal law exclusively to the Parliament of Canada, meaning almost all of Canada’s most “serious” laws are national in scope and apply equally across the entire country. Criminal law is generally understood to involve any effort by the federal government to regulate or maintain public safety, social order or morality. This broad category, in turn, includes all the most glamorous and scary crimes, such as theft, murder, kidnapping, violence, perversion, fraud and corruption.
- See more at: http://www.thecanadaguide.com/legal-sys ... 8TCMI.dpuf
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-27-2014 06:08 PM

I do have some understanding that our constitutions are similar in many ways.
But, that was Not my question.............
Thank you for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-27-2014 09:24 PM

ra - elsewhere : on live chat & couple of other forums - stated that it was wrong of Christie to do that - road bit. But I would have to look back as it was mentioned part of it was to repair road damage and also was mentioned that he did not know it was until media started complaining and turned out it was someone in the dept (road) that did so. Will have to go back in files to find out more.
THING is - several hospitals reported taking in numerous patients during the the rioting and shooting. And not talking about Ferguson one where their hospitals also have talked about injured people.
When the commission report was read it had stated that Wilson was tending a woman with a child until an ambulance arrived. That was just prior to his going to the robbery call.

===

Take a good look at Brown's face when he shoved the store manager around. 'sweet innocent'? looks very angry and a 'typical bully'....

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-27-2014 10:01 PM

Doka wrote: I do have some understanding that our constitutions are similar in many ways.
But, that was Not my question.............
Thank you for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.

I suppose if a Province enacted a really stupid law that would be considered backward and unfair to the majority of its people, as is done in American States on a regular basis, the Prime Minister might intervene, although our current Prime Minister probably wouldn't as he's too busy trying to undo our current hard fought for progressive laws.

The Feds here seem to intervene in Quebec more than any other Province.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 11-27-2014 10:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-28-2014 01:43 AM

Diogenes wrote: I think if we are honest put yourself or your son or daughter in the position of the policeman and you have this huge bully charging you like a bull - have a gun will travel.

I relate more to the parents of 18 year old unarmed Mike Brown. Some say he charged, others say he didn't.

Wilson is 6'4 and Brown was 6'4, albeit Brown was heavier.

My suspicion is that Brown started hitting Wilson through the car window, as Brown was certainly acting belligerently that day. Wilson grabbed his gun (understandable) and shot Brown in the finger and the kid ran. Then Wilson got out of his car in a rage and gunned him down (not understandable). That is murder. The smart thing would have been to call for back up, go arrest Brown later and charge him with theft and assault. This is what most well trained, sane cops would have done. He lost his cool and lied his way out of it.

Had there been a proper trial, some of the witnesses who were obviously not credible would never have been called to testify. They would have been weeded out by both the prosecutor and defense and a clearer picture of the truth may have emerged. What a sham!
Last edited by Raggedyann on 11-28-2014 01:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-28-2014 02:31 AM

There was just a story on our CBC National news that showed Black families giving gifts of Thanksgiving food to on duty white cops on the street in Ferguson.

:conan:

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-28-2014 09:50 AM

Most of the rioters - especially the looters and those who set fires -- not Ferguson people. More information coming out about the gangs from other areas doing the worst of the destruction.

====
Some of the black owners of stores that were destroyed - are being helped. Many will rebuild, re-open.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-28-2014 12:41 PM

One tinsey little thing that needs to be made clear. If the officer got out of the car in a rage and shot my Brown as he was running away, I would think there would be a wound in Mr. Browns back or side. But according to the autopsy,
All wounds where from head-On, (the front).

A note here* I'm trying to learn "cut and paste" on my tablet, so I can source what I write as needed, well, I'm still learning!! Sorry. :(
KARMA RULES

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”