OREGON SHOWDOWN

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

OREGON SHOWDOWN

Post by Doka » 01-04-2016 09:58 PM

Actually the people in Oregon are not sure what is going on either. Here is what I do know. The Feds have been "quietly" making huge "land grabs", in Washington State, Oregon, Nevada. How much of the states land does the Fed need?

At any rate we have a couple of ranchers who lease BLM (Bureau of Landmanagement) land next to their ranch. They started a backfire, the Feds said it was a crime, had a trial and they went to prison, after they got out, the Feds said, well you didn't do enough time, so you are going back to prison, they reported back to prison today. By this time Ammon Bundy and Militia showed up and took control of a nature preserve, either to take a stand against the Feds Or are they infilltrated with government provocateurs? The timing is strangely in sink with Obama's gun rant. So who knows what is going on. Bundy is from Nevada.

I might add that the area in Oregon is a huge high mountain desert, juniper, sand and sage brush, gem stones and mts of obsidian . The Ranchers lease the land to run cattle or sheep. It takes a lot of acreage per animal as the vegetation is quite sparse so it is spendy and harsh land.

Washington And Oregon are up to about 50% each, Fed Owned. While Nevada is a whopping 80% . George Knapp has some great articles on the Feds land grab in Nevada, which gave birth to the "Bundys". I might add here that these acres are REMOVED from the states tax rolls. Ouch.

Montel Williams Calls For "Shoot To Kill" In Oregon Showdown; Militiamen Respond They Are "Ready To Fight"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-0 ... re-ready-f

This is a good fact filled article w/maps if you are interested.

The fact that Montel Williams is a "blood thirsty" idiot that needs to join the FBI. Remember "Ruby Ridge" and "Waco and the Branch Dividians" ? Those confrontations worked well :lookup: I wonder why he wasn't sceaming for the same thing in Fergeson?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Re: OREGON SHOWDOWN

Post by Doka » 01-04-2016 10:16 PM

Just want to add that the closest town is Burns , Oregon, with maybe 2,700 to maybe in good times, 3,000 people. Ya got to go quite a ways further to find more than that.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-05-2016 04:18 AM

Doka wrote:Montel Williams Calls For "Shoot To Kill" In Oregon Showdown; Militiamen Respond They Are "Ready To Fight"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-0 ... re-ready-f

This is a good fact filled article w/maps if you are interested.

The fact that Montel Williams is a "blood thirsty" idiot that needs to join the FBI. Remember "Ruby Ridge" and "Waco and the Branch Dividians" ? Those confrontations worked well :lookup: I wonder why he wasn't sceaming for the same thing in Fergeson?
Odds are we'll never know why Ferguson didn't get his vociferous attention in the same way, especially insofar rather than respond to queries that make him uncomfortable he's been more of the sort to abruptly terminate interviews

Yet, then, this is how it comes out? Gee, for a bloodshed luster, up to now Montel Williams seemed like a nice enuff guy. I mean, being a paid spokesman for a lead generator for a payday lending service marketing loans to struggling consumers with sky-high interest rates sometimes in excess of 1,300 percent, just 'cause that doesn't bother him doesn't mean he's bloodthirsty -

Extremely callous, yeah - But look at it his way: when it comes right down to it, what's important is what people don't know about Montel and his celebrity endorsements won't hurt HIM.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-05-2016 09:42 AM

Well, "bloodthirsty" could have been "a bit much. "Hypocrite " might have been, much "nicer". :rolleyes:
KARMA RULES

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-05-2016 11:25 AM

This is totally disgusting - Fed gov't grabbing more and more land.

They have legal leases.

The backfire was to stop a large forest fire and it worked!!! It prevented the entire so called gov't land from losing its forests...

TIME that WE the people take control!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-05-2016 02:51 PM

Just having a discussion about this at work. I can see the protestors point - let the locals use the land for their cattle, etc. From what I'd heard, Bundy said that if the county/ local authorities said that they should leave, they'd honor that, rather than the bureaucrats in DC, who know absolutely nothing about local issues.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-05-2016 08:19 PM

Understanding the big picture can be tough, especially with web sites created for "astroturf" to push opinions and agendas which are not true. And I'll say this; both sides of the argument are guilty of their Nazistic PR campaigns. But there is some truth.

Yes, the federal government is gathering up lands as never seen in history. And I'll add this, the states are also grabbing land record levels for the fed, and in some cases are using the eminent domain law to cheat and defraud land owners out of property. Further, they will buy up rings of land, thus "land locking" a property of a private individual forcing them off their land with little or no compensation. This happens even in states where land-locking is forbidden by law. But.... we are the feds, and we can break the law and there is nothing you can do.

What the Bundy family is mad about, (and lets include others who have been slighted as well), is the persistent rule and contract changes made at will, and sometimes unknown, which have been thrust upon them. Let's see if I can relate some of this to you.

Suppose you contract with your neighbor to use their driveway for parking as you are having a party. You agree upon $10 per car for one night. Four cars park there and attend your party. Next day you're told you agreed to $15 per car. You protest, and show your agreement. You're told; we're the government, we make the rules, and unless you pay $15 per car, we'll take your driveway... and oh, by the way, it should actually be $30 per car because technically they parked there on Saturday night and then it turned to Sunday so that's a new night. Hey, we're the government, we make the rules. Try to fight us.

The issue here is not so much the payment, as the rule and situation changes, PLUS the fact the government tells them they have no right to fight nor if they do garner a fight and win in a court of law, they will not be paid for damages or costs. Imagine for a moment if you go to court and the person you have just prevailed over says "yeah, too bad you won, but you'll never see anything for it." This has all the makings of a federal government using their position to bully people, extorting them, and damaging them.

The case also is based on the so called "arson" which is actually multiple events, and again a condition placed on the ranchers after they have agreed to a lease. In this case is the "back fire" set to prevent another fire from overtaking the leased land. This is not so much as reported as is the "burning of the land to enrich the soil." Again, more astroturf.

Another facet is the feds claim that they, under a weak interpretation of the law, says that if they do something to some, they can not be held responsible. This is similar to what we have seen in the news where a police officer kills someone, and is considered innocent or at the least tried and found not guilty. The message being sent is we could have another Waco or Ruby Ridge and nobody on the government side will be prosecuted or found guilty.

I think these guys just got to the point when they had enough BS and reacted. And if the fed blows into a bird sanctuary with guns blazing, this could be the stick of dynamite lit which shuffles us into civil war. Just this noon I heard some fellows in a restaurant talking about what they could do if this whole thing blows up.

As for the land grabs, let me say this. A couple of states have been systematically buying up lands in such a way as to choke out people who own land. I saw one case where the feds owned three sides of a 167 acre parcel, with a private citizen in the middle. They picked up the fourth side, (which had legal right away from the prior owner), then refused to let the citizen in the center have right of way. These people basically lost their land and possessions on the land. Is this fair?

There are several theories why this is happening, from mineral rights, to reducing the open lands and forcing people into big cities, to possibly setting up a system like the Philippines where you don't own property; you lease from the government.

I really hope this is defused without bloodshed as I feel any killing will set off something none of us want to see. BUT, I also think we have snakes in the fed which after this is over will try something else, and continue to play the two-rule system against the citizens. To this point I have to agree with a lot of people I've heard talking; we are ripe for a good revolution of government.

Just remember when you're reading web sites, most of them are pure unadulterated bravo-sierra. If you want to read a site and get good information, study the legal sites, reference the laws, and then look at case law. If the law reads you can't take a man's property, and the government does it with malice, we should be pissed as hell about it. It's theft. And being the government doesn't change the definition.

Sorry for typos or punctuation problems. I'm on a new laptop which is really hard getting used to.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-06-2016 12:22 PM

VOGUY - very good! It is as you say. Gov't changes their leases, takes land -- and one has to ask WHAT they plan to do with it?

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-06-2016 08:46 PM

I think the land grabs are being done as a way to control people. If they own the land, and you "use" it, there can be many manufactured situations to seize what assets you have on the land. They can also force you to pay what they want, when they want, and make changes on the fly. The play book they seem to be following is one which has historically seen many billions of dollars transacted through getting land cheap, then selling it high, imposing a hardship, then buying it back for pennies on the dollar or a complete repo. Then it sold again. In other cases the government has been used by individuals as a weapon to get what they want.

I really think we are entering a dangerous time when the government has been acting much like a kink seizing land, or Hitler stealing artwork for his "private collection". I sense that we're at the cusp of a situation where something will trip us into civil war. I see it becoming very bloody as the government will use the poor and those on public assistance to shield themselves, while at the same time attacking them.

When you dig into the various auditor web sites it's interesting to note where land is going, especially out west.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-06-2016 08:50 PM

Just checked on Nevada. Eight-five percent of the land in Nevada is owned by the federal government. When you look at that number it's about 94,000 square miles (240,000 square km). I can see Area 51 and Area 52 in that calculation, but indeed you need to ask what's with all the rest of the land. And why is the government unwilling to sell even the worse tracts of land?

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-06-2016 08:56 PM

Although the figures seem a little skewed, they are relatively close for an example. The bigger picture is that logic dictates that as populations grow, more land is needed by people. In this scenerio, as populations grow, less land is available, and the blocking off without right of way is causing more difficulties with those who wish to buy. (My hand up).

http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/291-fe ... -in-the-us

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-06-2016 10:04 PM

voguy wrote:Although the figures seem a little skewed, they are relatively close for an example. The bigger picture is that logic dictates that as populations grow, more land is needed by people. In this scenerio, as populations grow, less land is available, and the blocking off without right of way is causing more difficulties with those who wish to buy. (My hand up).

http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/291-fe ... -in-the-us
A Theory, According to the UNs Agenda 21(what ever they call it now?) There will be No private property . No private vehicles (only transit systems). Maybe they are just getting a head start on the easy stuff. Home owner ship is being quietly dispensed with . These things are so "subtly" done , no one notices. State and Fed restrictions on privately owned property is becoming totally nuts. The people are distracted by "The Crises of The Week" they really don't notice the "chickens" are gone and may be a while to notice the "Hen-house" is gone too.
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-06-2016 10:19 PM

My concern is for the people who have taken a "stand", which is a real fly up the Feds butt. If you suddenly notice this story has disappeared from media coverage, those people are going to be "Gone".
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-07-2016 06:57 AM

Doka wrote:My concern is for the people who have taken a "stand", which is a real fly up the Feds butt. If you suddenly notice this story has disappeared from media coverage, those people are going to be "Gone".
Are they truly "gone", or just gone underground?
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-07-2016 10:47 AM

kbot wrote:
Doka wrote:My concern is for the people who have taken a "stand", which is a real fly up the Feds butt. If you suddenly notice this story has disappeared from media coverage, those people are going to be "Gone".
Are they truly "gone", or just gone underground?

I don't know. The situation , just makes me nervous , I keep thinking about Ruby Ridge and Waco. Hoping the regime will "step" carefully, as it is Election year, and they have people wound up pretty tight as it is, with the Crises a day program.
KARMA RULES

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”