OREGON SHOWDOWN

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Re: OREGON SHOWDOWN

Post by Riddick » 01-07-2016 03:59 PM

So THIS is what the grabbiness is about? "But seriously folks"...

Marco Rubio: Feds Need Land For Aliens -- JK

The Florida Republican presidential candidate jokingly revealed a federal alien facility during a sit-down with The Des Moines Register editorial board on Wednesday in a moment of levity during a conversation about federal land.

"In the state of Nevada, the United States federal government owns an extensive amount of land, and some of it is legitimately in the possession of the United States," Rubio began in seriousness.

"We have a significant testing range out there," he added, deadpanning: "Obviously we have Area 51 where we keep the alien bodies from the -- I'm just kidding, that's not true."

The Republican sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee and is briefed on classified matters, which he is legally barred from revealing.

Rubio's joke was not the first time aliens have come up on the 2016 trail this week alone.

Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton pledged to "get to the bottom" of UFOs in an interview in New Hampshire on Monday, in a tongue-in-cheek response to a question from a reporter. Her husband, former President Bill Clinton, and senior adviser John Podesta have also joked about aliens in the past.

Rubio brought up Area 51 unprompted during a discussion about armed men who have taken over federal land in Oregon, they say in a protest of the federal government taking over too much land.

FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-07-2016 04:58 PM

Doka wrote:I keep thinking about Ruby Ridge and Waco.
The government feels it can kill people it perceives as "threats" for the greater good.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-21-2016 11:21 AM

The Oregon governor , Kate Brown, Bi- Sexual*, has demaned that the FBI get them out , Now! Is that a call for "Blood-Shed" , I don't know, but if it does happen it's on her.

*my motive is NOT pure here, on her interviews I've seen, she has stated that she is most proud of the fact that she Oregon's 1st Bi governor she is not. But the others where intent on being just a "Good Governor" of the People of the State. :realmad:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-21-2016 04:31 PM

It would be a mistake to take them out by force. In fact, it could enable the anti-government movement even more and the governor could find bloodshed on the record.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-26-2016 09:36 PM

Something is going on down there?! Not sure what yet. Bundy was said to go to a different county today? Some one said something about gun fire.
More if I can find it, got this from my neighbor.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-26-2016 09:58 PM

Oregon standoff: Ammon Bundy reportedly in custody, shots fired (live updates)

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... _big-photo
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-26-2016 10:25 PM

KARMA RULES

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-27-2016 11:07 AM

witnesses say the men were going to a community meeting -- to peacefully discuss the situation.

that they did not put up any resistance involving gunplay and surrendered peacefully ....

that the man killed was also surrendering - and he was shot and killed when he had his hands up and shot again when he was on the ground...

hmm -- more details will hopefully be forthcoming

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-27-2016 04:17 PM

Some reports that the man shot had his hands UP. Hopefully, this is not the case, and the feds have video to prove they were shooting someone who had a weapon and was aggressive. (IE: body cams) Evidence better come out QUICK.

Else I suspect we're witnessing the start of a revolution.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-27-2016 09:14 PM

voguy wrote:Some reports that the man shot had his hands UP. Hopefully, this is not the case, and the feds have video to prove they were shooting someone who had a weapon and was aggressive. (IE: body cams) Evidence better come out QUICK.

Else I suspect we're witnessing the start of a revolution.

It is a "spooky" deal. The guy killed, said many times, he "would not be taken alive." But then why is the FBI, State and Sheriff holding off on making a statement, or showing the vids from cameras that had to be there? The situation is not over . They are (FBI) are putting the squeeze on the several that are still at the Reserve, who have "hunkered" down. Just have a bad sense about it.
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-28-2016 12:33 AM

After they pointed weapons at law enforcement at the Bundy ranch and got away with it, they must have thought they were infallible. Not too bright.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-28-2016 02:33 AM

Progressives Keep Attacking Oregon Militia For Doing Something Greenies Do

http://790talknow.com/foxfeedspro/detai ... eenies-do/
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-28-2016 05:20 AM

Most Greenies are not armed, or point weapons at law enforcement, or state they would give up their lives for their cause.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-28-2016 09:55 AM

Riddick wrote:Progressives Keep Attacking Oregon Militia For Doing Something Greenies Do

Good article Riddick, The double standard is alive and well, but, other than that, the Feds are the only ones who have used violence. The greenies tend to only destroy machinery and blow up buildings on Federal land , I might add.
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-28-2016 04:01 PM

Doka wrote:
Riddick wrote:Progressives Keep Attacking Oregon Militia For Doing Something Greenies Do

Good article Riddick, The double standard is alive and well, but, other than that, the Feds are the only ones who have used violence. The greenies tend to only destroy machinery and blow up buildings on Federal land , I might add.
Oh right, I was thinking of Canada.

Yes the double standard is alive and well. Black Lives Matter.

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”