All Things Bernie

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: CA? No KO! This Is A Fight To The Final Round

Post by Raggedyann » 06-05-2016 07:40 PM

kbot wrote:
Riddick wrote:Quit? BERNIE DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD, WON'T BOW DOWN
It's gonna be a real 'fight to the finish' knockdown drag-out slobberknocker!

Will be interesting without a doubt. Sanders still has momentum. Hillary has promised to continue Obama's policies which produced n 35,000 jobs last month and promised to ship even more jobs overseas.

I saw on a show this morning that, perhaps, many voters, including many Sanders voters will vote "None of the above......" rather than vote for either Trump or Hillary. With Hillary polling only 1 - 1 1/2 percentage point more than Trump, this could prove her undoing.......
Kbot - The Bernie phenom is but a protest statement. A demand for real change by real people. I'm sure there were many, many people who would have have supported Bernie in the Primaries but didn't because they thought they would be wasting their vote. Even though he has no hope of winning, the surprising support for his candidacy may be the start of something larger and lasting coming down the line.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Re: All Things Bernie

Post by kbot » 06-06-2016 10:52 AM

I know what you're saying - I honestly don't expect Bernie to win, BUT, TPTB can't honesty expect the voters to continue with the status quo either. Voter participation is historically low, people just don't trust the government - something has to change.

Look, here's the dynamic - millennials will be replacing Baby Boomers, and they have their views and expectations. This primary season should be a wake-up call to both the GOP and Democrats as a large chunk of the voters did not vote for Hillary - which is what TPTB fully expect the voters to do. People are voting for Sanders or Trump in numbers exceeding Hillary's supporters.

The nightmare scenario for TPTB would be if Sanders (change candidate) were to vote for Trump (change candidate......).

The point is, people want change...... And Hillary ain't it. She's said so herself.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-06-2016 11:03 AM

Do think both parties, as they stand today, are in "Deep Dodo"?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-06-2016 04:01 PM

Doka wrote:Do think both parties, as they stand today, are in "Deep Dodo"?
I'd say a lot of the excrement they're in IS of their own making

Dodo doodoo, I dunno. They'll go away if nobody votes for 'em!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-06-2016 05:04 PM

It will be interesting to see what his next hand will be, especially if he plays it at the D.N.C.

Protesters are being solicited on CraigsList for the RNC, and at least one group is putting together a response at the DNC.

Bernie is making some interesting alliances in his push for a contested election.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-09-2016 09:43 AM

June 9th 2016

Bernies "Buy Out " day and if that doesn't work, could be, "Do you, like your family day?" We can let you keep them, day.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-09-2016 10:59 AM

Here's a mind-boggling thought for the folks at MSNBC and Fox - what if we had "An American Spring"?
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-09-2016 04:52 PM

kbot wrote:Here's a mind-boggling thought for the folks at MSNBC and Fox - what if we had "An American Spring"?
It's possible, but the one factor which keeps it from happening is the some groups of people will not participate as their income for their lifestyle will be cut off by the direct collapse of government. That is to say, it's one of the factors from keeping things from evolving. However, I think once things do go "boom" and a revolution starts, those not participating might find themselves as being bigger losers than they are.

I had lunch with a professor of political science from Princeton a while back, along with my lawyer and a two other guys. We were batting this subject around pretty hard at the table. The one thing people should remember is that saying it will never happen because of the citizens is not a credible thought. First, you have many in the military who openly say that if given the order to fire upon citizens trying to uproot government, they will ignore the order, or they will "appear" to fire, except firing over their heads or into non-living things. The military recognizes the fact of a revolt based on the same reasons as 1775. Second, the wheels have come off the wagon in many branches of government, mostly in judicial and legislative circles. The average citizen doesn't know this, because the average citizen is too worried about bathrooms and gorillas to care. But at some point we will arrive at the precipices where expense exceeds income, and having pissed off all the other countries we will not be able to manage our debt. Third, history has shown us that without industry/manufacturing and jobs, no nation can sustain its population without dealing with the second issue. Argentina is an example, as is Greece, and to a lesser extent the lower portion of Italy.

I think we're due for an American Spring, but it will be ugly. I only hope that after the shooting is done, and the elites are ousted, someone doesn't waddle up to Washington wanting to be king. Personally, I support states or regions being sovereign, and the federal government being what it was SUPPOSED to be.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

An American Spring? Here's The Thing: It's CLOBBERIN' TIME

Post by Riddick » 06-09-2016 04:58 PM

kbot wrote:Here's a mind-boggling thought for the folks at MSNBC and Fox - what if we had "An American Spring"?
My guess is, that would not end well and it won't be pretty. It's the sort of thing TPTB see acceptable anywhere but here, Think of all the EOs over time for just such an 'emergency'! Of course, the mask would be off. But the propaganda would be on full tilt

In no time at all, the situation'd get ugly. Like, exponentially Ben Grimm ugly. Iron fisted crack down. News coverage will be censored. All media, for that matter. Vid posts? Crime against the state! That move'll be a passport to being a non person.

TPTB will brook only so much for so long. Full whatever it takes mode, back to business as usual, all the sooner the better. Still, that's just MHO. Fox, MSNBC, their MMV from sh!t hits the fan to not to worry... We'll be back after these messages.
Last edited by Riddick on 06-09-2016 05:07 PM, edited 2 times in total.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Re: An American Spring? Here's The Thing: It's CLOBBERIN' TIME

Post by voguy » 06-09-2016 05:01 PM

Riddick wrote:
My guess is, that would not end well and it won't be pretty. It's the sort of thing TPTB see acceptable anywhere but here, Think of all the EOs over time for just such an 'emergency'! Of course, the mask would be off. But the propaganda would be on full tilt
Could be why some of the most rich people in North America have been putting money overseas.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-09-2016 06:25 PM

Europe is not safe either, In fact, if you have a million or 2 , buy a Big Mattress! I was told a long time ago , that the dollar would survive, hope I was given good info.
KARMA RULES

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-09-2016 07:05 PM

Doka wrote:Europe is not safe either, In fact, if you have a million or 2 , buy a Big Mattress! I was told a long time ago , that the dollar would survive, hope I was given good info.
Depends on where your dollars are. Do you have them, or are they in a bank or tied up in investments?

I have my funds split around. And as I've mentioned before, if you buy gold you should only get the gold which you can hold in your hand. These scams where you buy gold and the seller keeps it safe for you are risky at best.

Above all, hide what you have.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-10-2016 12:11 AM

voguy wrote:
Doka wrote:Europe is not safe either, In fact, if you have a million or 2 , buy a Big Mattress! I was told a long time ago , that the dollar would survive, hope I was given good info.
Above all, hide what you have.
And for good measure put it where folks wouldn't even think to look. Or particularly want to.

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

UH OH

Post by Riddick » 06-10-2016 01:46 AM

voguy wrote:
Riddick wrote:
Could be why some of the most rich people in North America have been putting money overseas.
Former Fed President: All My Very Rich Friends Are Holding A Lot Of Cash
Not some. Not many. ALL! The world’s most brilliant, most famous investment experts… the consensus among the majority of speakers at John Mauldin’s Strategic Investment Conference last month was Things Are Going To Get Ugly. FULL STORY

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-10-2016 06:14 AM

voguy wrote: Third, history has shown us that without industry/manufacturing and jobs, no nation can sustain its population without dealing with the second issue. Argentina is an example, as is Greece, and to a lesser extent the lower portion of Italy.
Which is why, I think, so many states are turning to tourism. Can't bank on manufacturing. Everyone in a community cannot work in fast food joints and cities and towns are looking at additional ways to find revenue. Tourism seems to top the bill around here with politicians, but then the people look around and ask "Why on earth would anyone want to come here?!?!!??" Every place cannot have a Disney or Universal Studios either, so tourism is not the answer. It's good - seasonally, but after the season's over - there go the jobs.....

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”